1175 users online (172 members and 1003 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,829

    Woman Left in CT Scanner As Clinic Closes

    TUCSON, Ariz. -- A cancer patient says she was left alone in a CT scanner for hours after a technician apparently forget about her, and she finally crawled out of the device, only to find herself locked in the closed clinic.

    Elvira Tellez of Tucson said she called her son in a panic, and he told her to call 911.

    Pima County sheriff's deputies arriving at the oncology office had her unlock the office door to let them in, said Deputy Dawn Hanke, a department spokeswoman.

    The deputies contacted the office manager, who was not aware of the situation.

    Tellez was taken to a hospital as a precaution, then released early the next day.

    Tellez said she's had trouble sleeping since last week's incident. more @ link http://www.wsbtv.com/health/14228200/detail.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    Yikes!! Can you imagine? Poor lady.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    32,152
    How awful... what has happened to work ethics????????

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by sissy's mom View Post
    How awful... what has happened to work ethics????????
    They seem to be gone with the wind...I hate to admit it but I spent 3 days in jail this year, and the staff there acted WORSE than the prisoners....they used (loudly) every F (and cuss) word known, sang songs at the top of their voices at 3 am, and acted just about as unprofessional as could be...ok yeah, alot of people will think "It's a jail, who cares?"
    I don't care if it's a jail or not, some level of ethics should be expected...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    They seem to be gone with the wind...I hate to admit it but I spent 3 days in jail this year, and the staff there acted WORSE than the prisoners....they used (loudly) every F (and cuss) word known, sang songs at the top of their voices at 3 am, and acted just about as unprofessional as could be...ok yeah, alot of people will think "It's a jail, who cares?"
    I don't care if it's a jail or not, some level of ethics should be expected...
    People should act like humans no matter WHERE they are!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Both accounts, the CT Scan one and White Rain's are terrible.
    Glad you got out ok WR.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Poor lady! At least it wasn't an MRI machine.That would have been really awful. At least a CT scanner is completely open like a big doughnut.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    A snippet from the link:
    "A physician who works at the practice and knew of the incident told The Arizona Daily Star it's not the first time such a thing has happened.
    "People have been left in the office after hours, when something like that happens -- it's the same sort of thing," Dr. Steven Ketchel said. "My guess is she was lying on the table, waiting and waiting and nobody told her she could go home."

    This doctor should be ashamed to admit this,and worse yet,to state it so matter of factly:" ...it's the same sort of thing.",also the "...nobody told her she could go home." It's not like she was sitting in a waiting room,and no one told her to go home,she was inside a machine with a metal jacket over her! This physician is trying to down play this situation big time!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    I once was in a police station .... and watched as a guy had a heart attack and no one tried to help him.

    I was furious!! They said he was not officially booked so therefore they could not do anything..... He died..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I once was in a police station .... and watched as a guy had a heart attack and no one tried to help him.

    I was furious!! They said he was not officially booked so therefore they could not do anything..... He died..
    That's absurd! As a caring human beings they should have "unofficially" helped him.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Poor lady! At least it wasn't an MRI machine.That would have been really awful. At least a CT scanner is completely open like a big doughnut.
    JBean, That bug in your post is driving me crazy. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to squash it.

    I think many people are scared of those scans anyway. Now they will be terrified. I think people should always take someone with them when they go for tests if it is possible.
    Last edited by Annie; 09-29-2007 at 11:25 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post
    A snippet from the link:
    "A physician who works at the practice and knew of the incident told The Arizona Daily Star it's not the first time such a thing has happened.
    "People have been left in the office after hours, when something like that happens -- it's the same sort of thing," Dr. Steven Ketchel said. "My guess is she was lying on the table, waiting and waiting and nobody told her she could go home."

    This doctor should be ashamed to admit this,and worse yet,to state it so matter of factly:" ...it's the same sort of thing.",also the "...nobody told her she could go home." It's not like she was sitting in a waiting room,and no one told her to go home,she was inside a machine with a metal jacket over her! This physician is trying to down play this situation big time!
    This was the part that killed me. I can see an accident, I GUESS, but to admit that it has happened before! And that you locked up without checking the machine???

    I mean, if you are working on a patient, isn't there some sort of procedure to follow? Ditto if you are responsible for closing the office???

    It's not like she was just laying there and didn't know to get up. She spent hours wriggling to free herself from the machine, according to the article. They left her trapped in there, and didn't hear her calling for help!!!

    Idiots. If it had been a daycare center the place would be closed down.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I once was in a police station .... and watched as a guy had a heart attack and no one tried to help him.

    I was furious!! They said he was not officially booked so therefore they could not do anything..... He died..
    OMGosh....that is horrible!


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post
    A snippet from the link:
    "A physician who works at the practice and knew of the incident told The Arizona Daily Star it's not the first time such a thing has happened.
    "People have been left in the office after hours, when something like that happens -- it's the same sort of thing," Dr. Steven Ketchel said. "My guess is she was lying on the table, waiting and waiting and nobody told her she could go home."

    This doctor should be ashamed to admit this,and worse yet,to state it so matter of factly:" ...it's the same sort of thing.",also the "...nobody told her she could go home." It's not like she was sitting in a waiting room,and no one told her to go home,she was inside a machine with a metal jacket over her! This physician is trying to down play this situation big time!
    It seems to me he is making the practice open to even MORE lawsuits. So sad they don't care for their dying patients any more than this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    850
    This is terrifying! Maybe one person thought that the other person let her out and told her to leave? It doesn't excuse it; what happened is pure negligence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. WA - Woman rescues baby left in stolen SUV
    By zwiebel in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 06:03 AM
  2. Florida Woman Disappeared, But Never Left Home
    By MaryLiz in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 02:38 AM
  3. Woman Dumps Feces, Spoiled Milk On Animal Clinic
    By White Rain in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 01:15 AM