IF They Did It

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffodil

Reaction score
My personal opinion is that they had nothing to do with Madeleines disappearance and my opinion is based on two things only:

1) Where would they have kept her body after her death?

2) Why would they keep such a high public profile? Surely even if they are narcissists as has been suggested they would still have the sense to realise that keeping a low profile was the best way to go until it all went away.

What does anyone else think? Sorry if I have missed a thread on this already.

They are big reasons why I cannot believe they did it. I don;t understand why people think they had opportunity to do this. If she wasn't already disposed of by the time they went to dinner (unlikely to me) then I cannot see when they had the chance to do it.

They could have kept the body in a number of places at the resort. Since her disappearance was reported as an abduction, the police failed to search the compound as thoroughly as they might have.

1. In the boot of a car rented by another member of the Tapas group.
2. In a duffelbag in the closet.
3. In a vacant apartment.
4. In some brush down at the beach.
5. In a cooler chest.

I'm sure other posters can think of more places.

A retired police officer from our country, who works as a journalist now, has been to PDL and checked the scenery himself. He says that if you drive 5 (five!!) minutes, in either direction of PDL, you will find barren and wasteland as far as the eye can see. So they wouldn't even need half an hour to dispose of the body.

Honestly, I think they have something to do with it. But I still haven't figured out how they could have done it, and where they can have hidden her. I have been thinking back and forth for months now, and I still don't have a theory that really fits.

BUT: If they DIDN'T do it, why all the lies?

When it comes to the media profile, I think there's several reasons for that. 1) They'd never thought it becomes this huge. Never. I mean, there have been high profile murder/abduction cases before, but none of them had gotten this big. They had no idea. And it's not all their effort, they have plenty of supporters and machinery that do the job for them. For all we know, they could have stopped talking to the media months ago, but still this case would be as big as it is now. It runs itself by now. We don't know if it was ever intended to be like this.
2) Silence is not always best. I think they have much to win by keeping a high profile. Why? Because everyone thinks they can't have done it, "otherwise they wouldn't keep such a high profile. ":doh:

(And again, I apologize for my bad English)

JMO

On Greta last night she said something about the Portugal authorities having a new theory that included the small fridge in the apartment. That's about all I retained from the brief mention.

They could have kept the body in a number of places at the resort. Since her disappearance was reported as an abduction, the police failed to search the compound as thoroughly as they might have.

5. In a cooler chest.

But how would they have the opportunity to dispose of it after the fact? I truly do not believe they did. I really cannot be told and won't believe that there wasn't at least ONE person following them around all of the time after the alarm was raised. And even if there were short periods of time they weren't being followed, I cannot imagine the opportunity to dispose of a child's body was there.
They would have to be imbeciles of the highest order to invite all of this media attention BEFORE they had a chance to dispose of the body. And they are not imbeciles.

BUT: If they DIDN'T do it, why all the lies?

JMO

Which lies? Is it proven fact that they told actual lies? If so please provide links, I thought that everything was without sources or verification.

TIA

The so-called Tapas 9 were just a bunch of friends and I think its asking a heck of a lot of a friendship to assume they would go along with you if you joined them for dinner and casually said "Oh by the way I've just accidently offed Madeleine is it ok if pop her in the boot of your car until I decide what to do with her".

I'm just thinking about "Twins wouldn't wake up", "Children sleeping through all commotion", but then suddenly mentioning that the twins sometimes cried and Madeleine got annoyed and went off to another bedroom (when in the beginning, Gerry said live on TV that there was no chance she could have woken up and walked anywhere).

I mean, if she can go from one room to the other, when the twins cry, she surely can walk out of an unlocked apartment?!

Personally I think they disposed the body right away (they did not wait for 25 days at all). They threw it on the ocean and possibly one of their friends helped. That's my theory.

My personal opinion is that they had nothing to do with Madeleines disappearance and my opinion is based on two things only:

1) Where would they have kept her body after her death?

2) Why would they keep such a high public profile? Surely even if they are narcissists as has been suggested they would still have the sense to realise that keeping a low profile was the best way to go until it all went away.

What does anyone else think? Sorry if I have missed a thread on this already.

I think Pinkhammer has the right idea...many, many places. The area surrounding the resort is barren, desolate and there are numerous old wells, viaducts, caves and acres of large scrublands. There has also been the thought that Maddie might have been taken to the church.

As far as keeping a low profile....it is believed that one of the worst cases of narcissism (and meglomania) of our time was Adolph Hitler. You know what Hitler said? "The Bigger the Lie, the Stronger the Belief"

"The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed,
for the vast masses of a nation are in the depths of their hearts more
easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The
primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a
big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies,
but would be ashamed to tell big lies."

It makes sense to me that keeping the lie in the public eye would actually create less suspicion than if the liar tried to keep a low profile.

5. In a cooler chest.

Where would they get access to a vacant apartment unless they did a bit of B & E as well? I dont know how big a duffle bag is where you are from or what you would call as one but no way would she have fitted into a British one.Also would you not think if they took her to the beach someone would have seen them and remembered later when all the hue and cry broke out? Finally number 5 did they have access to a cooler CHEST in their apartment? I thought it was only a small freezer type in the apartments fridge freezer.

Where would they get access to a vacant apartment unless they did a bit of B & E as well? I dont know how big a duffle bag is where you are from or what you would call as one but no way would she have fitted into a British one.Also would you not think if they took her to the beach someone would have seen them and remembered later when all the hue and cry broke out? Finally number 5 did they have access to a cooler CHEST in their apartment? I thought it was only a small freezer type in the apartments fridge freezer.

How about the apartment of one of the Tapas 7?

How about the tennis bag, remember she was only 90cm and reported to be small for her age. How about a large suitcase?

It was recently reported that the Restaurant manager saw Gerry by the beach and there was another report of him walking the beach calling for Maddie. And what about bundleman? If he did exist, who was he and what was he carrying and where was he going? There was another witness who saw a man carrying something, headed for the beach.

The recent reports of the fridge was about the refrigerator not the freezer. Again, she was a small child, it's possible.

A cooler? There is a supermarket 2 minutes walk from the apartment, it's possible.

How about the apartment of one of the Tapas 7?

How about the tennis bag, remember she was only 90cm and reported to be small for her age. How about a large suitcase?

It was recently reported that the Restaurant manager saw Gerry by the beach and there was another report of him walking the beach calling for Maddie. And what about bundleman? If he did exist, who was he and what was he carrying and where was he going? There was another witness who saw a man carrying something, headed for the beach.

The recent reports of the fridge was about the refrigerator not the freezer. Again, she was a small child, it's possible.

A cooler? There is a supermarket 2 minutes walk from the apartment, it's possible.

A supermarket??????????????? And you dont think someone might have noticed a dead body stuffed in amongst the frozen meats? Purleeeeze :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes