Belly Stud "like bullet" in crash.

Samiya

Jason, you're pathetic
Reaction score
October 01, 2007 12:00am

<!-- Split page --> <!-- Lead Content Panel --> A BRITISH teenager's belly-button piercing tore through her stomach "like a bullet" when she was involved in a car crash, it was reported yesterday.
Jessica Collins, 19, a student in Cardiff, was on a short working holiday in Munich when the accident happened, and she was recovering from surgery.
Her mother, Amanda Beadle, who has flown out to Germany to be by her bedside, said Jessica's piercing had caused injuries like a bullet wound.

Ms Beadle, 37, of Radyr, Cardiff, told the South Wales Echo: "The seatbelt pushed her belly stud all the way through her stomach to her spine. (this bold highlight by 'Sami the Stunned', who has her belly pierced)

"She told me: 'All my friends have got belly-button piercings; please let everyone know what has happened'.........

more at link.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22508366-663,00.html

Sami the Stunned.
"ok seriously thinking of removing mine!"

Oh My :eek:

That just hurts me thinking about it! You always imagine your safer with your seatbelt on!

Note to self: Thank goodness I never got one like I wanted to years ago!

"Sami the Stunned" LOL Right into the spine, eh? OUCH.

Yikes, my nephew has one of those club thingies through his eyebrow...so would that possibly go through his forehead if he was in a crash where his head hit the glass?

I keep bugging my daughter to remove the little round crystal ball she has hanging from her rear view mirror because I know what that will do to her or someone else if she's in a big accident.

Thanks for the interesting link, Sami!

:eek: omg! i have one, have had it for 5+ years and never thought something like this could happen!

LOL! Taximom, given the nature of this thread, this is what my brain read before it caught the word "view"...

Thanks for the chuckle!

"Sami the Stunned" LOL Right into the spine, eh? OUCH.

Yikes, my nephew has one of those club thingies through his eyebrow...so would that possibly go through his forehead if he was in a crash where his head hit the glass?

I keep bugging my daughter to remove the little round crystal ball she has hanging from her rear view mirror because I know what that will do to her or someone else if she's in a big accident.

Thanks for the interesting link, Sami!

Edited to add, my niece recently got an "industrial" ear piercing - its a straight pin thingy that goes through on a diagonal through top and bottom of ear - I'm thinking that could cause some damage as well. Hubby's nieces both have belly button piercings. Yikes indeed!

ok I am confused when I wear my seat belt it doesn't cross my belly button at all and I do wear it right.

ok I am confused when I wear my seat belt it doesn't cross my belly button at all and I do wear it right.

I think it would depend on the crash itself and how it moved the seat belt on your body. Wearing it correctly doesn't mean it will exactly end up in the same position in a crash, only that it will keep your body from flying out of the car and in a relatively stable position.

My daughter has a belly button stud. I should show her this.

ok was just checking not going to get in an accident to test it lol I know slamming on the brakes tightens it. Didn;t know if she had the shoulder strap under her arm or not ? took me a year to break my girls from doing that and my son (fathers let them do it for comfort or something)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back