GUILTY Australia - Sofia Rodriguez Urrutia-Shu, 8, murdered, Perth, 26 June 2006

missacorah

Reaction score
A PERVERT freed by a bungle in Britain returned home to Australia — and killed a girl of eight.

Dante Arthurs was suspected of grabbing a young girl from behind in Bookham, Surrey, in 2001. But an identity parade was repeatedly postponed, allowing him to fly off.
Because he had not been convicted, police down under were not warned about his arrival — though one Surrey officer resigned and another was disciplined.
In 2003 Arthurs was arrested over an attack in Australia, but a judge ruled cops had questioned him too aggressively.

Then last year he pounced on Sofia Rodriguez-Urrutia Shu in a Perth shopping centre, dragged her to toilets, and strangled her. He admits her murder.
More here;
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007450544,00.html

A perth man who murdered an eight year old girl and left her naked body on a toilet floor has been sentenced to life in jail.
The judge ordered Arthurs serve a minimum of 13 years before being eligible for parole,but its unlikely the killer will ever be released.
The release of prisoners from a life sentence must be signed by the Attorney General and the crime was so horrific that it is unlikely any Attorney General would sign it.
Thats as good as it gets here so hopefully he will rot in jail.:mad:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=113355

I hope this guy gets whats coming to him in jail, when other inmates find out what he did (they call scum like him rock spiders, and are not liked in jail at all) they will make it very hard for him to survive, the only way he could be safe and thats not guaranteed is if he is put into solitary confinement for his duration in jail.

In this case, personally, I think the death penalty is required.

agree--and I'm sure that poor little girl's relatives agree with you also Shazza--What a disgusting crime--

I hope he is murdered in prison so the family can get the justice they deserve.

Prayers for the girl and her family.

I hope he is murdered in prison so the family can get the justice they deserve.

Prayers for the girl and her family.

Ditto Autumn, only I hope he has to be some cellies girlfriend first, and suffer before he's killed. Prayers going up from here as well. These poor people. I can't even imagine.

What a beautiful little girl. I wish there was a punishment worse than LWOP or the death penalty. :mad:

What a beautiful little girl. Hope this guy's prison term is a living hell. :furious:

Rest in peace, Sofia.

I hope so to Squishy...some things are worse than death and I hope he suffers everyday...that little girls face was so full of life and joy that its heartbreaking to look at her.

OMG, let those parents have him...and to imply that the police were responsible for Sofia's death makes me ill...

He broke her little arms before he killed her also..how sickening:(

He reminds me of the Craigs List killer.

His crime is disgusting! I will never understand evil like that.

Me either SewingDeb...its beyond imagination to most people.
There was a crime here years ago where a litle 8 month old baby girl had gone missing and was eventually found on the roof of a public toilet block..the murdering animal who took her life had dressed her in womans clothing with makeup and a wig and had raped her and strangled her and threw her on the toilet roof.....that story haunts me as my daughter was that age at the time too.........some creatures on this earth deserve nothing better than a bullet.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/b6655eaf38dc92286a70d12929e2593f

“She was an absolutely gorgeous, normal girl,” Mr Rodriguez told The Sunday Times this week in his first in-depth interview in the past decade...

Another legacy is the public sex offender register, which Mr Rodriguez lobbied for to provide some meaning to such madness. The register was eventually introduced in 2012.

But what bothers him is that if or when his daughter’s depraved killer — Dante Wyndham Arthurs — is released, he won’t be on that register. His sex assault charges against Sofia were dropped because it couldn’t be proven they were committed before she died.

Arthurs, now 31, was sentenced to a life jail term but his 13-year minimum means he will first be considered for parole in just three more years, in mid-2019. New homicide laws, with tougher penalties, were introduced after Sofia’s murder.

Dante Arthurs to remain behind bars over rape and murder of Perth girl
24 May 2022:

A sadistic monster Dante Arthurs who raped an eight-year-old girl before strangling her in a shopping centre toilet will stay behind bars after the parole board refused for a second time to release him.

The board decided last week Arthurs should remain locked up and won't review his parole again until 2025, The West Australian reported.

The reasons for the ruling are confidential.

Attorney-General John Quigley hasn't commented on the latest decision but described Arthurs' crime in 2019 as 'one of the most shocking and brutal crimes in recent times'.

Sofia went to the toilet at Livingston Marketplace in the southern suburb of Canning Vale as her uncle and siblings waited nearby.

Sofia's teenage brother went to find out why she was taking so long and found her naked body lying motionless on the bathroom floor.

The State's Prisoners Review Board decided to keep Arthurs behind bars for at least another three years when his non-parole period of 13 years expired in 2019.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back