Jenna Bush on 20/20

jannuncutt

jannuncutt
Reaction score
Did anyone see the interview? What a lovely young lady she is. I am very impressed by her. I will definitely buy her book. I may be mistaken but, I think the title is "Anna's Story".

Did anyone see the interview? What a lovely young lady she is. I am very impressed by her. I will definitely buy her book. I may be mistaken but, I think the title is "Anna's Story".
She is very sweet and has turned into quite a lady. She is beautiful.:p

I noticed she distanced herself from her dad's ultra conservative views on sex and birth control but still I would like to ask why politicians kids are not in Iraq. All of FDR's sons fought in WWII. Now we have one class of people- working class- making all the sacrifices for the rich who got a tax cut. During WWII, FDR paid for the war by heavy taxes on the rich while everyone sacrificed on the home front and at war.
Jenna has had the luxury of an upper class lifestyle. It looks like hopefully she is using it for some good.

I noticed she distanced herself from her dad's ultra conservative views on sex and birth control but still I would like to ask why politicians kids are not in Iraq. All of FDR's sons fought in WWII. Now we have one class of people- working class- making all the sacrifices for the rich who got a tax cut. During WWII, FDR paid for the war by heavy taxes on the rich while everyone sacrificed on the home front and at war.
Jenna has had the luxury of an upper class lifestyle. It looks like hopefully she is using it for some good.

In WWII virtually everyone was banging down the doors trying to enlist or serve in any way they could. I don't think it's just a matter of class or that politician's kids have different behavior. Our all-volunteer military is also paired with a VERY different attitude about duty to our country today (as regards military service, anyway). IMO.

Eve

You know, I don't like her father - actually I cannot stand him!!!! I started this thread because I was impressed by her and her choices on how she wants to live her life. There are other ways of serving.

I, too, was pleasantly surprised with how she appeared. She's matured in just a few years. She really reminded me of Laura in that interview.

I also find Bush's administration contemptible (most well-informed people do, at this point), but was shocked at how decent and generally level-headed his daughter seems. There was absolutely no sign of ego, entitlement, or superficiality. Other than being either sheltered or wilfully ignorant of the consequences of her father's policies (for instance, no talk from her about the tragic cost to human life and lives of Bush's brazenly illegal war in Iraq), she seemed surprisingly engaged with the world around her. One has to remember that she has no obligation to do what she's doing. She could just as easily be spending her days ensconced in a cushy corporate job easily obtained through connections, and trolling for new purses and clothes at the mall.
And I was soooo pleased to hear a modern girl/young woman who doesn't have that infuriatingly fake strangulated way of talking (I'm sure you all know what I mean).

I did not see her on 20/20 but I saw her on The Today Show this morning. I too was impressed ...

I'm also impressed with her. However, I am not going to say a thing about Bush (good or bad) because this isn't really the place for that sort of discussion.

They are not in Iraq because they didn't enlist in the armed services.
:rolleyes:

We have an ENTIRE POLITICAL forum for those of you hell bent on trashing the President. Please leave it off of the other forums.

We have an ENTIRE POLITICAL forum for those of you hell bent on trashing the President. Please leave it off of the other forums.
I realize this is not the political forum, but is it not relevant (acutely so, if anything) to contrast the president's daughter with her father, if such a shockingly stark contrast seems to exist? She isn't some random person off the street. And anyway, complimenting Jenna Bush is, however unwitting, an offhanded compliment of Bush himself. Means he must've done something right.

I watched Jenna's interview and she certainly has grown up. She is beautiful, smart and articulate. Her parents must be proud.

I don't know why politician kids are not in Iraq but Jenna did address it by saying something like it would jeapardize anyone around her. Can you imagine if the enemy knew she was there? #1 target - just like Prince Harry.

I was very impressed with Jenna.

I realize this is not the political forum, but is it not relevant (acutely so, if anything) to contrast the president's daughter with her father, if such a shockingly stark contrast seems to exist? She isn't some random person off the street. And anyway, complimenting Jenna Bush is, however unwitting, an offhanded compliment of Bush himself. Means he must've done something right.

TOTALLY AGREE. And frankly, MOST people aware of what's happening in today's world, have trashed this President as much as he deserves (including myself :D :D ).

I saw just a portion of that Jenna Bush interview and have read excerpts -- I'll say this -- Bush must have done SOMETHING right, somewhere, with his daughters. I am sure he must love his daughters and most likely, he's a better Father than he is a President. I'm just sorry his daughters have to witness the bashing their Father is receiving these days. Can't be easy for them...

I say good luck to Jenna! Her fiance seems like a very nice young man. I hope they have a long and happy life together.

I don't know why politician kids are not in Iraq but Jenna did address it by saying something like it would jeapardize anyone around her. Can you imagine if the enemy knew she was there? #1 target - just like Prince Harry.

Unfortunately, this is too true. But there are other ways of serving.

This girl is amazing.The President and Laura raised a very wonderful daughter! (2 of them actually) This is one book I will buy for sure.

Jenna Bush appears to be a very self-assured young lady, especially for such a tender age. Her parents seem to have raised her sister and her well!

The saying that there never has been a monument erected for a critic is so true. It's easy to criticize, something that the Democrats appear to have perfected. I admire President Bush for doing the best that he can under difficult circumstances. Is he perfect? Heck, no! He's human. Are there some things that I would like to have been done differently? Heck yes. However, I'm not in his position, would never want to be in his position and would never be elected to his position, even if I wanted to be.

I hope that Jenna realizes that, although there doesn't seem like it at times, there are many supporters of her father and her mother. I think that they are good people. She represents her family well, IMO. :)

I missed the interviews you are speaking of. Sorry about that.

You'll probably catch her somewhere, Camper. I've read that she's on a two-month publicity tour for her book.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back