Is Anybody In Charge of Portugal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Bob

Reaction score
Can't somebody call Jose Socrates and ask him
to do something?

Do you have his number? :)

Most of us don't know any heads of state, but if you do, go for it!

CNN just reported on tv that an investigator has been taken off the case in Portugal.

AHA!!! Maybe the Duke of Bracanga is reading this right now!

Don't you think the Portuguese government has known about this case all along? :) It hasn't been a well-kept secret.

Are you saying the Duck of Bracanga doesn't care?

Goncalo Amaral....Madeleine Cop Sacked

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1286675,00.html

The Portuguese detective heading the search for Madeleine McCann has reportedly been sacked after accusing her parents of manipulating the British police.

Sky News sources said Gonçalo Amaral had been relieved of his duties as head of the regional Policia Judiciaria (PJ) in Portimao.
He also ceases to head the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

He was one of five men charged over an alleged attack on Leonor Cipriano, whose nine-year-old daughter Joana vanished in September 2004.
---------

Thank god!!! :clap:

I don't understand how this man could have been in charge of the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, especially after he was charged with a crime against the mother of another missing child. :doh: :crazy:
In the UK a cop charged with a crime would have been suspended while his case was ongoing.

The question now is.
Will the search resume for Madeleine, and will the case finally be handled in a professional way...I hope so but time will tell.

Goncalo Amaral....Madeleine Cop Sacked

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1286675,00.html

The Portuguese detective heading the search for Madeleine McCann has reportedly been sacked after accusing her parents of manipulating the British police.

Sky News sources said Gonçalo Amaral had been relieved of his duties as head of the regional Policia Judiciaria (PJ) in Portimao.
He also ceases to head the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

He was one of five men charged over an alleged attack on Leonor Cipriano, whose nine-year-old daughter Joana vanished in September 2004.
---------

Thank god!!! :clap:

I don't understand how this man could have been in charge of the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, especially after he was charged with a crime against the mother of another missing child. :doh: :crazy:
In the UK a cop charged with a crime would have been suspended while his case was ongoing.

The question now is.
Will the search resume for Madeleine, and will the case finally be handled in a professional way...I hope so but time will tell.

If you think that just because Amaral is gone, the other officers will cease investigating the Mc Canns or seeing them as the responsible for Madeleine's death you are keeping your hopes way too high in my opinion. It is not only Amaral who thinks the parents are involved.

:crazy: Thoughtfox, I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants. Duck? :blowkiss:
:blowkiss: Duck was the only part of the question I understood. :bang:

Maybe we should all "duck." :rolleyes:

Some policemen believe that Amaral is being used as a scapegoat because the case is unsolved so far:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=485360&in_page_id=1811&ito=newsnow

...he was defended today by some fellow officers who believe he was sacked due to unfair pressure from the British media.

One police source told Correio da Manha: "He was the first victim, and he served as a scapegoat for the English."

Carlos Anjos, president of the Judicial Police Inspectors Union, said: "He was the victim of personal attacks by the British media which not only questioned his honour as a policeman, but also attacked him as a human being."

I don't know if Amaral is a good guy or a bad guy, but the evidence in the case doesn't change whether he's there or not. When they get the rest of the lab results back, it really won't matter to me who is in charge.

If you think that just because Amaral is gone, the other officers will cease investigating the Mc Canns or seeing them as the responsible for Madeleine's death you are keeping your hopes way too high in my opinion. It is not only Amaral who thinks the parents are involved.

The chief investgative officer is taken off the case and you simply dissmiss it ? Does it not raise any concerns with you that all might not be well within the PLE -

Maybe a new man might actualy start to try and follow up on some leads to try and find Madeline instead of their one and only line is that the Mcaans did it .

does the fact that Amari is reported to have been working 4 hours a day and havin long boozy lunches not concern you ? It would me .

There are so many holes in the Mccaans case that it neads a new line of thinking someone who has a clear mind - an open mind.

Hopefully now the leaks will stop - some cooperation between all the authorities can take place

The chief investgative officer is taken off the case and you simply dissmiss it ? Does it not raise any concerns with you that all might not be well within the PLE -

Where did I dismiss it? I am just stating that the evidence will speak by itself, whoever is in charge is irrelevant to me.

Maybe a new man might actualy start to try and follow up on some leads to try and find Madeline instead of their one and only line is that the Mcaans did it .

Oh, you want them to follow one lead alone that does not hurt the couple? I thought you may want them to do BOTH...find Madeleine and investigate the Mc Canns since they are the official suspects in the case.

does the fact that Amari is reported to have been working 4 hours a day and havin long boozy lunches not concern you ? It would me .

Do we know that for a fact? Was that the reason for his dismissal? I am not defending Amaral at all but simply stating that those who think that because he is gone, the investigation is going to take another turn are putting their hopes high. PJ is convinced the Mc Canns did it.

Where did I dismiss it? I am just stating that the evidence will speak by itself, whoever is in charge is irrelevant to me.

Oh, you want them to follow one lead alone that does not hurt the couple? I thought you may want them to do BOTH...find Madeleine and investigate the Mc Canns since they are the official suspects in the case.

Do we know that for a fact? Was that the reason for his dismissal? I am not defending Amaral at all but simply stating that those who think that because he is gone, the investigation is going to take another turn are putting their hopes high. PJ is convinced the Mc Canns did it.

My point is that the PJ do not follow up on any other lead apart from Mccans - by all means follow on the Mcaans - but maybe they should just have a look at some of the others maybe they should send some officers to Morrocco , .

Anyway I thought that the file had been given to the judge weeks ago and we are waiting on a decision on wither they should charge or not

Also Murat is still an official suspect in the same way as the mccaans are

My point is that the PJ do not follow up on any other lead apart from Mccans - by all means follow on the Mcaans - but maybe they should just have a look at some of the others maybe they should send some officers to Morrocco , .

Anyway I thought that the file had been given to the judge weeks ago and we are waiting on a decision on wither they should charge or not

Also Murat is still an official suspect in the same way as the mccaans are

Personally even though I think the parents are involved, I would like ALL CREDIBLE leads to be followed, nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong on this case. Having said that, I say credible because we are speaking about police time and resources that are obviously limited.

Personally even though I think the parents are involved, I would like ALL CREDIBLE leads to be followed, nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong on this case. Having said that, I say credible because we are speaking about police time and resources that are obviously limited.
Agreed Sleuthmom!

I thought they had followed lots of leads - Murat and all the sightings in other countries.

If the other "leads" don't lead anywhere except back to the parents, then what is a police force to do?

I thought they had followed lots of leads - Murat and all the sightings in other countries.

If the other "leads" don't lead anywhere except back to the parents, then what is a police force to do?

This is the quote from a retired Detective of 38 years iwho visited the area and knows a bit about policing

"There is now NO detective work being carried out by Portuguese police to link anyone other than the McCanns to Maddie's disappearance. Officially, they say they're continuing the search for an abductor. But their policy is now to only respond to sightings reported to them by Europol and Interpol.

The officers leading the investigation are pinning their hopes on the DNA evidence, getting some sort of confession from the McCanns or their friends, or finding Madeleine's body.

They remain convinced of her parents' guilt, apparently unwilling to consider another scenario, even as their "house of cards" case collapses around them. Another fresh revelation that undermines the Portuguese effort is that police also failed to take DNA samples from Madeleine's little brother Sean, two, and his twin sister, Amelie, until their parents were made "arguidos", or suspects, just over two weeks ago. This failure has seriously undermined the whole forensic case against the McCanns. It means early forensic work is flawed and needs to be re-examined. A process that could take months.

Evidence gathered by the Portuguese police against the McCanns which we have learned about in the past couple of weeks depends entirely on forensic tests, including DNA evidence, so-called bodily fluids and hair. Yet I have found that evidence has been fatally flawed through their own incompetence. The apartment was also not sealed off properly, meaning any evidence was contaminated from the outset."

Now treat it as cautious as you want - maybe it is all rubbish - but to me it ties in with a lot what went on in Porugal and maybe one of the reasons the chief officer has been fired

That's my point! It's not like the Mc Canns were the first suspects! Everything else led to them based on evidence. IF the police has some evidence that leads to the parents then they need to work on that lead, why waste police resources if things point out to the parents?

That's my point! It's not like the Mc Canns were the first suspects! Everything else led to them based on evidence. IF the police has some evidence that leads to the parents then they need to work on that lead, why waste police resources if things point out to the parents?

what happens if the evidence is flawed - as some people have being saying -

the police are then left with very little - no other possible scenarios .

Have they for one created a list of all know sex offenders in portugal / spain - does such a list exisit

they seem to be putting all their eggs into one basket - which to some might mean they have very strong 100% case - but if they are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong