829 users online (183 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Madeleine's Favorite ...

Ok, folks, here's a new question to ponder.

What is one of the main things we ALL know about our young babies/children? And what is the thing we think about when they're not around ... or if, god forbid, we should lose one of them?

Her favorite song, her favorite color, her favorite dessert, her favorite toy.
    His favorite dance, his favorite book, his favorite animal, his favorite hug.

Could any parent ever talk about a missing child without mentioning the child's favorite things? Could anyone asking the public to help find a missing child NOT mention the child's favorite things?

So ... can anybody name ANY of Madeleine's favorite things?

Too right hcc, we know damn all about Madeleine! Parents didn't bother to tell us! But then was her recovery ever the main issue?

Well according to Kate she loved Cuddle Cat (the pink stuffed animal)

Quote Originally Posted by wtsn5 View Post
    & that is all she can tell us of almost 4 years of a little girls life?

Quote Originally Posted by wtsn5 View Post
    Well...not really, it seems like Kate loved it more since she took it to work.

[sarcasm] Madeleine had a lovely time nearly every day, especially at the Creche, except at night, and then she had cuddle cat beside her, except when it was at the lab near the cadavers. And she was prone to hysteria.[/sarcasm]

And no, I don't know her favorite song.

Come to think of it, I can't exactly imagine either Kate or Gerry singing a nursery rhyme, but that's just me.

However, I agree that it would be good to know something like that, so when someone sees the child in Morocco again they could ask her a question about her favorite story or song.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthMom View Post
    Well...not really, it seems like Kate loved it more since she took it to work.
    OOOps forgot about that Sleuthmom, absolutely Kate loved Cuddlecat so much that she took it from her little girl who loved it also, perhaps she thought that Cuddlecat needed to connect with reality, you know meet some dead bodies just to prepare the poor toy for the upcoming loss of a loved one!

Does she carry Cuddlecat in her coat pocket? Or clipped to her stethoscope, or what?

It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Devil's advocate: They won't talk about Madeleine's favorite "stuff" because that would aid the abductor.

Fact: You can find out any child's favorite "stuff" in about thirty minutes or less, they aren't able to hide that at all. So there's no need to worry about an abductor using that info.

Fact: The twins are talked about in great detail, but Madeleine is not. How the twins are gaining in vocabulary, how the twins ask about Maddie, how they walk around with their little rucksacks. (quote unquote.)

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    Does she carry Cuddlecat in her coat pocket? Or clipped to her stethoscope, or what?
    Oooh ... you guys are wicked. Thoughtfox & Barnaby.

If Kate really said that, it's enough to lock her up and throw away the key. IMNVHO

We know hardly anything about Madeleine. Apparently the McCanns don't want us to know. And when you listen to them, it seems they don't know all that much either.

Oh yes, Kate "knows" Madeleine knows her mother loves her.

Gerry's blog is all about the twins and what jolly fun they have. They are such a normal, happy, well-adjusted family, except when the parents are getting sloshed every night at the Tapas Bar! Kate was asked what she would say to Madeleine if she was listening. She replied, "We love you, but she already knows that." THAT'S IT? I'm sure that was a tremendous comfort for this terrified and tortured wee soul! (NOT!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Creepin View Post
    Gerry's blog is all about the twins and what jolly fun they have. They are such a normal, happy, well-adjusted family, except when the parents are getting sloshed every night at the Tapas Bar! Kate was asked what she would say to Madeleine if she was listening. She replied, "We love you, but she already knows that." THAT'S IT? I'm sure that was a tremendous comfort for this terrified and tortured wee soul! (NOT!)
    I think that's one of her more creepy statements. In most abduction cases in which the parents believe the child is still alive, they will stare into the camera in hopes that their child will hear their voice and have some comfort from that. To me, that would be the whole point of doing an interview on TV!

But Kate has to be prompted at the end of that long interview, and then she comes up with a predictable and rather lame "We love you, and she already knows that."

Not "We love you, Madeleine." Not "We love you, sweetheart." Not "We love you and we are going to get you back, so don't be afraid, honey."

This is a four-year old abducted little girl! Come onnnnn, Kate!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Creepin View Post
    Oh that was so strange, what a callous cow! What happened to "Darling, darling Madeleine, we love you so much, we miss you so much, We are looking for you sweetheart, We are so so sorry we left you alone, so sorry, don't be afraid we will find you etc.etc etc" with tears streaming!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Oh that was so strange, what a callous cow! What happened to "Darling, darling Madeleine, we love you so much, we miss you so much, We are looking for you sweetheart, We are so so sorry we left you alone, so sorry, don't be afraid we will find you etc.etc etc" with tears streaming!!!!!!!

Yes, it's all intuition, but I find that one of the most telling moments in this whole saga. You're the mom of a four year old baby girl who is out in the world somewhere, terrified and missing her family - not to mention quite possibly being tortured and raped.

And yet, you have to be reminded to say something to your child and when you do, your statement has all the emotion of reading a phone book!!!!!!

Where's the pet name every parent has for their child? Where is the assurance that you're doing every single thing you can to find her and you won't give up until she's back in your arms again? And darn it all - where are the tears?

Folks can rationalize this away to their heart's content, but Kate's reaction is way off the parameters of what other mothers have done when they went on air to plead for their children's lives and whereabouts.

Her rather impersonal, unemotional "appeal" doesn't make Kate the murderer but it sure paints her as one callous mother. And, in my book, it screams out that she KNEW there was no Madeleine to be speaking to.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast