Identified! NC - Roseboro - LIVING Male Child, 3-4, Oct 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
(I hope this is the right thread for this.)

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1889592/

Police Seek Help in Identifying Child Found Along Roadside

child-220x165.jpg

Posted: 28 minutes ago
Updated: 10 minutes ago
Roseboro — Police in the Sampson County town of Roseboro are asking for the public's help in identifying a young boy who was found walking along a roadside.

Roseboro police Chief Preston Howell Jr. said the child, approximately 3 to 4 years old, was picked up on East North Street in the downtown area around noon Wednesday.

A resident who lives in the area spotted the boy, picked him up and called police. Officers took him around to nearby neighborhoods but no one recognized him, Howell said.

Howell said officers have been unable to get any information from the child and that no one has reported a child missing that matches his description.

The child, who is about 3 feet tall and weighs about 30 to 35 pounds, has brown eyes, black close-cut hair and was wearing a gray T-shirt and gray shorts with a blue stripe down both legs.

Anyone with information on who the child is should contact the Roseboro Police Department at 910-525-5344.

I wonder if he has spoken and if he knows his name/how old he is? :(
I hope they find where he belongs soon!

He's a cutie pie. Basically looks well-cared for. Probably snuck out of a home where parents were sleeping.

I hope it's nothing horrible like his mom or dad will be found murdered etc. like so many other stories we read here...

He should be identified quickly if they are blasting his pic all over the news!

Prayers for all involved.

Police in the Sampson County town of Roseboro have located a parent of a young boy who was found walking along a roadside.

But why the child was walking alone still had not been determined late Wednesday afternoon, and investigator were interviewing the father.

He is an adorable child. Too cute. I sure hope they can figure out how this happened to him.

The boy's uncle was in charge and is charged...

Roseboro - A 3-year-old boy found walking alongside a road in the Sampson County town of Roseboro was under his uncle's care when he wandered away Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.

Roseboro police Chief Preston Howell Jr. said the uncle, Steve McLellam, had fallen asleep and that Deshawn Frederick wandered away before a resident saw the child walking along East North Street around noon and called police.

I'm not clear on why the uncle is being charged. Are babysitters and parents not supposed to sleep? I just know that children of that age will go out and wander off, it happens. Never to me thank God. Yet some of these cases where parents left children in the car are not charged? What gives?

Sorry but if you're responsible for caring/watching over a child for the "day"/ "hours" etc., you should NOT be sleeping during the day. This didn't happen during the night (normal sleep hours) Children who are awake should not be left unattended, etc. Hope this guy was charged with some form of negligence.

MG

Absolutely! Anything could've happened to this little boy while he was outside and his uncle was sleeping. Getting hit by a car, falling into a creek or pool or picked up by a kidnapper or pedophile. What a cute little boy. I'm glad they found his family.

We lived on a busy road when my boys were very young. My husband was alone at home with our 20 month old son. He laid down on the sofa with our son to take a nap. When he woke up, approximately 2 hours later, he could not find our son anywhere. He immediately called 911 and spoke with our local police department who informed him that they had our son. An officer was driving down our street and saw our baby walking along the side of the road in his PJ's. As it was a super-small town, he walked around for a few minutes with him to see if he could determine where he came from. He then took him to the police station, called DCFS and they were on their way to get him when my husband arrived at the station. They would not let my husband take him home until a social worker went back to our house with him and checked things out. Can you imagine what I almost did to my husband when I got home and heard this story? I even had to interview with the social worker as well, who dropped the case but did let me know that our son was about 5 minutes away from winding up in a foster home until my husband had a court date.

We lived on a busy road when my boys were very young. My husband was alone at home with our 20 month old son. He laid down on the sofa with our son to take a nap. When he woke up, approximately 2 hours later, he could not find our son anywhere. He immediately called 911 and spoke with our local police department who informed him that they had our son. An officer was driving down our street and saw our baby walking along the side of the road in his PJ's. As it was a super-small town, he walked around for a few minutes with him to see if he could determine where he came from. He then took him to the police station, called DCFS and they were on their way to get him when my husband arrived at the station. They would not let my husband take him home until a social worker went back to our house with him and checked things out. Can you imagine what I almost did to my husband when I got home and heard this story? I even had to interview with the social worker as well, who dropped the case but did let me know that our son was about 5 minutes away from winding up in a foster home until my husband had a court date.
I would NOT have wanted to be your husband for all the money in the world. In some cases, daddies make the worst babysitters.

It is good to know that this little boy was not hurt in any manner and that they found his parents.

I have a grand daughter whom we had begun to have problems with because she would open the door when someone knocked. Sometimes, we were in the kitchen or bathroom or something so she would beat us to it. I began to worry about this fact so what I came up with was to install those things that you slide across to lock the door. Can't think of their name but is like a sort of lock that needs no key, you just slip it through the loop on the side of the door frame. We had it put at a height that she could not reach. She is a really bright child but even though she would look to see how we slid it to close or open, she still could not reach to open it. Voila!! The problem was solved. She was around three years old at that time. Now she knows and understands that she is absolutely not open the door if we are not in the living room.

Hope this idea works for someone with a little child who can't resist to open doors to others or to go outside without permission. Btw, this idea was used by my own parents when we were small.

As for the sleeping sitter, my husband used to do that too. We solved it by using the double bolt doors which only open with a key instead of a handle. Children can and will do the last thing that you would imagine at times. Therefore, you do have to keep a watchful eye on them or at least check on them often. When all is quiet, they need to be checked on. ;)

Auntie

Aww, Auntie, I'm glad you were so protective of your little granddaughter!

We have hook and eye bolts (?) on all our doors because our youngest gets in and out of everything. Unfortunately she's starting to figure those out. I think we have to have combination locks next. lol

I hope this family is loving this little boy up because this sure could have ended so horribly. They've been given a 2nd chance.....hope they don't blow it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back