Share-in

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
www.contracostatimes.com/obituaries/ci_6870411Peterson prosecutor

SNIPPET: Brazelton dies at 66
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Article Launched: 09/12/2007 03:03:10 AM PDT

MODESTO -- Jim Brazelton, former district attorney of Stanislaus County who led the prosecution team against convicted double-murderer Scott Peterson, has died. He was 66.
Brazelton died Monday at Memorial Medical Center, where he was hospitalized for the past few days, said Assistant District Attorney Carol Shipley, who did not know the cause of his death.

Brazelton retired from his post in July 2005, after trying 35 murder cases and sending five men to death row, including Peterson, who was found guilty in 2004 of murdering his wife, Laci, and her fetus.

RIP, Mr. Brazelton. I remember him from the pressers about Laci.

Did they ever find out the COD? Just curious as he was fairly young.

Rest in peace Jim!! Thank you for all of your hard work throughout the years.

I posted this in the Scott Peterson thread when he first passed away.

He was one of the good guys - RIP

OMG, I'm surprised, I didn't even realize he was 66, that's still too young to go, but I thought he was even younger. How sad.

RIP Jim! Your name will never be forgotten....

Rest in peace, Jim. You done good, mister! The bad guy is where he belongs- on death row.

Yeah, he was the one whom declared the case against Peterson "a slam dunk".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought the "slam-dunk" comment was made by the then Attorney General BILL LOCKYER. Remember, he received a lot of backlashing for that comment.

RIP, Mr. Brazelton. Say hi to Laci and Connor for us.

It sucks that Peterson is still on this earth and someone like Brazelton leaves us a little too early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought the "slam-dunk" comment was made by the then Attorney General BILL LOCKYER. Remember, he received a lot of backlashing for that comment.

You are correct. Thanks for the correction. :blushing: Brazelton made waves when he announced on AMW that they were going to seek the death penalty against Peterson.

So sad...too young.

RIP Mr. Brazelton

Aren't you a teensy tiny bit jealous though...now he knows the whole truth!

Whoa, I didn't realize it was THAT Brazelton, I thought it was the Pediatrician.

Wow, he was way too young.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back