OK OK - Tina Pitts, aka Selwyne Anette Richardson, 43, Tulsa, 5 Nov 2006

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
From http://oklahomamissingadults.com/default.asp

Tina is 43 years old at the time of her disappearance, standing 5ft 5in tall and approx. 150LBS. On November 4, 2006 Tina had comitted to watching her grandchild that Saturday evening but when her family arrived she was not home. Immediatley the family knew something was wrong. Neighbors state they last saw Tina around 2-3am on November 5, 2006 with her ex boyfriend. Our beloved daughter, mother, and sister has been missing ever since. If you have any information regarding Tina's disappearance please call the authorities immediately.

Law Enforcement Agency: Tulsa Police Dept.

pic

1128200675819AM-SRichardson.gif

From http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...&topicId=100020825&docId=l:675486535&start=17

September 25, 2007 Tuesday

It's almost been a year since Tina Pitts went missing from her Tulsa apartment. Now her family has reason to think body parts found in Pawhuska are hers.

She would have turned 44 today. Her family assumes she was killed.

"It's a happy day because it's her birthday, but she hasn't been found," her sister, Angie Pitts, said Monday. "We are praying it's her body."

Pitts said the body in Pawhuska was found five months ago when a dog brought the skull to its owner's porch. Angie Pitts said no one has claimed the body, and a gap in the teeth makes them believe it is the body of Tina Pitts.

The family is waiting on the results of a DNA test. A DNA sample was taken from Tina Pitts' mother three weeks ago.

Tulsa police spokesman Leland Ashley said Pitts' mother reported her daughter missing Nov. 8, 2006. Ashley said the mother last saw Pitts on Nov. 3.

Pitts' mother told police her daughter was supposed to baby-sit her niece but never showed, Ashley said. Pitts never answered her phone, which was not like her.

and

Angie Pitts said her family has an idea who killed her sister, and they hope finding her body will help police.

more at link

http://www.kjrh.com/mostpopular/sto...ion-about-missing/iJjI1oVFjEWglFii7lXSdA.cspx

31 March 09

There is renewed hope for the family of Tulsa woman who has been missing for almost three years.

Last Thursday, 2NEWS introduced you to 77-year-old Edna Pitts, whose daughter Tina Pitts has been missing November of 2006. Everyday she gets up at 4 a.m. to bake cakes, pies and other treats to sell to people in her community, in order to raise money for the reward fund for information in her daughter's case. Since she began her efforts in November, Edna has raised over $700.

When her story aired on 2NEWS, a good samaritan was watching. Adel Nasreddine owns Israel Diamond Supply. Monday, he donated $5,000 in reward money to Edna's cause.

Nasreddine told 2NEWS, "This is going to going to be for the person who is going to give us information on finding Tina or finding whoever did anything to Tina."

He hopes the money will be enough to encourage someone to do the right thing, and come forward with information that will lead to Tina Pitts' body and bring her killer to justice.

"Hopefully other people will be motivated to action too. Because all of this means nothing if we don't find Tina", says Nasreddine.
It's a gesture that overwhelms Edna Pitts.

more at link

Family marks missing girl's birthday, clings to hope

Tina Pitts has been missing for nearly three years, but her family still celebrates her birthday every year.

This year, it falls on Friday, but the family will gather Saturday afternoon for the celebration of Tina Pitts’ 46th birthday, her sister Angie Pitts said.

At the gathering Saturday, the family will place flowers around the picture and then release balloons, she said.

“We will say a prayer and release the balloons,” Angie Pitts said.

The family welcomes relatives of other missing people to join them, she said.

“It’s way to let people know they are not forgotten,” she said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090924_11_0_TinaPi816486

It may well be a hoax, but Tina's family received a letter Friday:

The letter is written on a napkin, similar to the type that is seen to dry your hands in a restaurant or gas station, and says: "Look up under the part of the shop that he had added on after your daughter became missing on Apache Shield 'guy' shop on Apache." There was no explanation who "he" was and the word after Apache Shield could be gun or guy or maybe even another word. A Google search for Apache Shield gun shop shows no listing at this time.

I hope it's not just me, but my immediate thought was a 'guy' shop could be a sex shop? And Apache shield could mean exactly what it says - a sex shop on Apache St with an Apache shield on it somewhere.

A google search for that does bring up results. A search of city permits might well show up any building permits for the possible 'added on' parts of a building too, I would have thought.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mysterious-note-tells-family-where-missing-loved-one-is-buried

Would really appreciate others' opinions on this. I know hoaxers often send notes. But so do people too scared to come forward sometimes. And killers....

There could be other stores someone might refer to as a 'guy's shop'; a barber, fishing tackle, men's clothing store?

I will do some more work on this later. BUT...what if Shield is the name of a guy who lives on Apache?

"Look up under the part of the shop that he had added on after your daughter became missing on Apache Shield 'guy' shop on Apache."

It could read like this: "Look up under the part of the shop that he had added on after your daughter became missing. On Apache. Shield guy. Shop on Apache."

Thinking further. To me it reads that the "he" is someone already known to the family and "he" put her under the "shield guy shop" that is on Apache. I wonder if the "he" helped put in a concrete pad down for a guy named Shield that lives or works on Apache Road in Tulsa? (I am not implying he even knows a guy on Apache Road with that name, just brainstorming.)

Mysterious note could help investigators find the whereabouts of missing woman
June 22, 2015

Snipped...
...Investigators suspect the note is referring to a vacant building that was once an auto shop ran by Allen Shields.

Shields confessed to organizing the 2008 murder of Tulsa business man Neil Sweeney. Later, Shields committed suicide during a hostage standoff with police in 2011. Shields was also a person of interest in two other missing persons cases, including that of Angie Tucker.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...igators-find-the-whereabouts-of-missing-woman

It broke my heart to see the sign Tina's mother has permanently mounted in her yard!

After watching the video, I think I am probably on the right track that "he" knew a guy (who we now now is Allen Shield) who had a shop on Apache. I am anxious to see how this plays out and if LE digs up this guys property. I also want to add for future reference that the shops address is 905 East Apache.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back