AZ AZ - Tracy Feltes, 33, Tucson, 19 Sept 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
From http://www.azstarnet.com/northwest/203344.php

The Sheriff’s Department is investigating the disappearance of a Tucson woman who was last seen leaving her Northwest Side home Friday morning.
Investigators said there are suspicious circumstances surrounding her disappearance.
Tracy Beth Feltes, 33, had a consistent lifestyle and her friends and family were usually able to contact her easily, said Pima County Sheriff’s Lt. Michael O’Connor.
“Things just don’t quite add up,” O’Connor said.
Feltes, who lives in the 8000 block of North Hobby Horse Court, near North Oldfather and West Magee roads, was reported missing by her mother on Wednesday morning, Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Deputy Dawn Hanke said.
Feltes has also gone by the name of Tracy Beth Krumins, Hanke said.
Feltes’ mother said she had been trying to reach her for about a week before filing the report.
She was last seen by her live-in boyfriend at her home Friday, Hanke said. He said he hadn’t heard from Feltes since then, either.
O’Connor said Feltes and her boyfriend had a dispute before she left the house Friday morning, but he would not elaborate on what the argument was about or if it is directly connected to the case.
On Wednesday afternoon, Feltes’ car was found at the Oldfather Inn, a bar near her home. O’Connor said he didn’t know Feltes left the car there or if someone else dropped it off there.
No one in the bar had seen who left the car there, he said.
Feltes is described as 5-feet-4, weighing 125 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
The homicide unit is investigating because it looks into all missing-persons cases.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or 88-CRIME, the anonymous tip line of the Pima County Attorney’s Office.

pic

(Note: In the media her name has been spelled both as "Felts" and "Feltes," and her age given as both 33 and 35. I don't know why.)

Arguement with the boyfriend...last one to see her. Imagine that....

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/206534.php

Body found in Marana desert is missing woman

A body found Monday morning in Marana has been identified as Tracy Beth Feltes, a woman who was reported missing late last month.
Feltes’ decomposed body was discovered by a couple who told authorities that they had smelled a “foul odor” for the past two weeks, said Sgt. Bill Derfus, a spokesman for the Marana Police Department.
The man and his wife went to look around and found 33-year-old Feltes’ body in the desert near the 5000 block of Tangerine, near North Camino de Oeste, Derfus said.
Authorities were able to positively identify Feltes using dental records supplied by her family.
However, a cause of death has not been determined.
The sheriff’s department has talked with her live-in boyfriend, who is being treated as an investigative lead, O’Connor said. He didn't elaborate on the dispute the couple had prior to her disappearance.

Argh! So sad.

Hoppy

Very sad that this ended the way it did.

Wish we knew more on this case. At first glance, my thoughts go straight to boyfriend, but we need more information. Be nice to know if she was seen at the bar that evening. Maybe she went there after having an argument with the boyfriend and met up with someone else. Didn't it say she was a mother? Who was taking care of the kids? If it were the boyfriend and he was innocent, you'd think he would have filed a report right away.

Have a feeling we will see an arrest very soon.

I wonder why the boyfriend's name hasn't shown up yet? It is odd that at least one person would have mentioned his name by now.

From March 2011:

http://tucson.com/news/local/crime/...cle_4e0d5db9-5c8d-59b7-811c-769ef0673f10.html

Initially the missing persons case was investigated by the Pima County Sheriff's Department. Investigators met with the boyfriend, who "stated that Tracy had gotten mad and left the residence on foot and he had not seen her for some time. Her vehicle had been at the residence and he had been using the vehicle during her absence," said Marana Police Detective Debra Kesterson, who is assigned to the case. However, when police finally tracked down Feltes' car, they found it in the parking lot of the Old Father Inn, a bar near the home she shared with her boyfriend.

Three weeks after Feltes was reported missing, her body was discovered in the desert near the 5000 block of Tangerine, near North Camino de Oeste. Her death was listed as a homicide, but the manner of death is undetermined, Kesterson said.

Feltes' boyfriend remains a person of interest in her homicide, Kesterson said, but after interviewing and re-interviewing myriad witnesses, the case has stalled.

I came across some info that might help. I believe her boyfriend was William T Link (dob 8/1963). And I think they worked at INTEGRAL AUTO GLASS, LLC at their address:
8051 N Hobby Horse Ct Tucson AZ 85741

I believe William owned the home until 2011 and was sold to the Current owner who rents it out.

I believe her boyfriend was William T Link (dob 8/1963).

Tracy was my cousin. You are correct about her boyfriend’s name. I can’t confirm the business portion or when he sold the house (I live in the Chicago area, Tracy and her family moved from here to Tucson in 2000 and we lost touch), but that’s his name.

Very sad that this ended the way it did.

Wish we knew more on this case. At first glance, my thoughts go straight to boyfriend, but we need more information. Be nice to know if she was seen at the bar that evening. Maybe she went there after having an argument with the boyfriend and met up with someone else. Didn't it say she was a mother? Who was taking care of the kids? If it were the boyfriend and he was innocent, you'd think he would have filed a report right away.

Have a feeling we will see an arrest very soon.

She was a stepmother, but she and the child’s dad divorced a couple of years prior.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back