Yet another toy recall

2sisters

Reaction score
Ok, these companies do not give a crap about us or our kids. i am so freaking tired of this. I have toys that my kids have chewed on filled with lead paint and cribs that could have suffocated them. I know this is crazy, but I told the grandparents to not buy any toys for my kids this yearat Christmas. i would rather them not get anything at all than to get a toy coated with poison that will kill them or cause brain damage.
What gives, what happened to good old American products. They have risked our kids and our safety just to make a buck. Thanks jerks!
http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=64713

My mom sent me this link if you want to see toys made here in the US with some type of quality standars.
http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/shoppingindex.htmlhttp://www.stillmadeinusa.com/toysngames.html

Do poor kids in China have to just live with all this lead in/on their toys?

Lots of PTA/room moms shop in those dollar stores for bulk party stuff and I know those frankenstein mugs (or other halloween styles) will show up in some classroom somewhere.

I know what you mean, we have been personally affected by so many recalls this year, with the peanut butter to the toys, to my crib.
I bought the Baby Einstein blocks for my 4 month old Godson a few months ago. I'll need to have his mom check the code on theirs.

Gaa, I forgot about the food recalls.
If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would think China is trying to kill all of us, pets included.
I am seriously gonna start looking at where my stuff is made. if it says China it goes back on the shelf.

I know what you mean, we have been personally affected by so many recalls this year, with the peanut butter to the toys, to my crib.
I bought the Baby Einstein blocks for my 4 month old Godson a few months ago. I'll need to have his mom check the code on theirs.
We have had 2 cribs, the KB wooden toys, and peanut butter. my son particulary loved those blocks from KB toys.

It is getting to the point that toy companies who are careful can really brag about it!

http://www.discoverytoysinc.com/index.shtml

Our Quality and Safety Promise to Parents…

Discovery Toys promises that all of our products meet or exceed all standards set by the US and Canadian governments regarding safety. These are the most extensive, effective, and widely emulated standards in the world – regardless of where the products are manufactured. All products are tested for flammability, hazardous materials and toxic elements - including lead, by an independent HOKLAS certified laboratory prior to shipment from domestic and foreign manufacturers. In an ongoing effort to ensure the quality and safety of our products, we regularly review the labor practices, raw materials and manufacturing processes used by our vendors.

My son had plenty of the recalled toys. Unfortunately for us my Rottie had already chewed most of them up.

Since he's still alive and kicking I'm going to say they're playing it better safe than sorry. LOL

I really do think they're out to get us though, and our little dogs too!

Call it paranoia ,but I think they have purposely been poisoning us for the last 20 or so years. We just didn't notice until our pets started getting sick and dying. I think I'm going to take up whittling, or making those old sock puppets ( minus the button eyes )

I actually do make handmade gifts for all occasions. I've also been on a buy American, European, Canadian kick for years.

It's out there, you just have to search for it.

German toys are really nice. And yes, you do have to pay more. I'm willing to do that for quality.

I mostly got fed up with crappy, flimsy toys when I started and now I'm glad I haven't had to deal with worry about what my kids are playing with.

Companies will continue to use the lowest cost production for toys until we get together and show them we won't put up with it. The best way to do that is with your wallet.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Research Links Lead Exposure, Criminal Activity
By Shankar Vedantam
The Washington Post
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Sunday 08 July 2007[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Data may undermine Giuliani's claims.[/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Rudy Giuliani never misses an opportunity to remind people about his track record in fighting crime as mayor of New York City from 1994 to 2001. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] "I began with the city that was the crime capital of America," Giuliani, now a candidate for president, recently told Fox's Chris Wallace. "When I left, it was the safest large city in America. I reduced homicides by 67 percent. I reduced overall crime by 57 percent." [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Although crime did fall dramatically in New York during Giuliani's tenure, a broad range of scientific research has emerged in recent years to show that the mayor deserves only a fraction of the credit that he claims. The most compelling information has come from an economist in Fairfax who has argued in a series of little-noticed papers that the "New York miracle" was caused by local and federal efforts decades earlier to reduce lead poisoning. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The theory offered by the economist, Rick Nevin, is that lead poisoning accounts for much of the variation in violent crime in the United States. It offers a unifying new neurochemical theory for fluctuations in the crime rate, and it is based on studies linking children's exposure to lead with violent behavior later in their lives. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] What makes Nevin's work persuasive is that he has shown an identical, decades-long association between lead poisoning and crime rates in nine countries. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] "It is stunning how strong the association is," Nevin said in an interview. "Sixty-five to ninety percent or more of the substantial variation in violent crime in all these countries was explained by lead."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.truthout.org/issues_06/071007HA.shtml
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Lego is made in countries that at least seem okay and aren't China. That and clothes are what the boys are getting for XMAS this year. It was said on the news the other day that people better start buying very early because there won't be anything left on the shelves since most are not going to be buying that crap made in China. Here's another link for toys made in the U.S.A.

http://www.usmadetoys.com/

True, but does anyone really want to buy toys today that will end up on a recall list next month? My children are too old for toys, but I have a 10-month-old grandson. I guess I'm going to have to be very, very picky about what to buy him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back