GUILTY Belgium - Julie Lejeune, 8, & Melissa Russo, 8, abducted, murdered, Hainat, June 1996

Belgian police red-faced as Dutroux van drives off with door open

Belgian police, who have already let Marc Dutroux escape once, suffered fresh embarrassment when the van taking the alleged child killer from court drove off with a back door open.

But police insisted there was no chance of Dutroux staging another bid for freedom during the incident, which occurred at the end of the first day of his trial as he was being transported back to his prison cell.

Television pictures showed the green police van leaving the Palace of Justice in Arlon, south-east Belgium, with one of the doors to its trunk wide open as it began the 300 metre trip to the nearby jail.

Els Cleemput, a spokesman for Belgium's federal police, said Dutroux was caged in a separate compartment in the back of the van which remained locked during the incident.

"It was only the boot door which was not properly shut when they left. The car following the van was fully ready for anything, but nothing happened," he told RTL television

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1056770.htm

Can you imagine the anguish of those parents knowing that their little girls were still alive - and that the police had searched the house where they were being held, had even heard childrens voices but attributed them to other kids playing outside - and therefore the children died of starvation.
My god.

Also from what I hear, no link though sorry, this man was part of a huge paedophile ring and one girl who came forward after being kidnapped by Dutroux told of her subsequent abuse a the hands of lawyers and other professionals associated I think with the legal profession. She was throughly discredited - of couse. They cant afford to let her story be know as the truth.

I only hope that as this case is getting so much international attention there is enough pressure to burst it wide open and put these sickos away for good.
:furious: :furious: :furious:

Edited to add: In one of the articles I read about this trial yesterday it said that no-one in the town where the trial is being held wants to have anything to do with anyone associated with Detroux - including his lawers who are having to stay at the Military barracks as no hotel will allow them to stay there. Made me think of Geragross...

From March 2015:

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/wo...c-dutrouxs-ex-wife-and-accomplice-live-judges

Michelle Martin was freed on parole in 2012 after 16 years in prison on condition that she move into a convent near the central city of Namur, but the nuns are moving to Brussels and do not want her to come with them.

She was a schoolteacher when detained in 1996, and was sentenced in 2004 for complicity in the deaths of the two eight-year-olds who were found starved to death in a locked cellar. Martin did not feed the two little girls left in a dungeon by Dutroux while he served an unrelated jail term...

Marc Dutroux was jailed for life in 2004 for the kidnap and rape between 1995 and 1996 of six girls, and the murder of four of his victims, in one of the darkest episodes in Belgium's criminal history.

Depraved Belgian killer who raped, starved and tortured teenage girls in his basement demands prison give him a haircut and workout equipment because he's getting FAT in solitary confinement
A serial killer and child rapist serving life in prison has demanded his work wage be doubled and that he be provided with a haircut and workout equipment because life behind bars has made him fat.

Belgian paedophile Marc Dutroux, 60, was jailed for life in 2004 over the kidnap, rape, torture and murder of teenage girls between June 1995 and August 1996.

From his cell, Marc Dutroux plays detective and "investigates" into unsolved murders​

"The Belgian criminal, Marc Dutroux, sentenced to life imprisonment for murders and rapes of minors, would occupy his days carrying out investigations into forty "cold cases" according to his lawyer. Some cases would be linked to a network to which he says he belonged."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back