GUILTY MO - Randy Greenman, 39, & George Whitter, 36, St. Louis, 30 Aug 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...6D293BC8150E912B862573620013D7F7?OpenDocument

09/26/2007

The mystery of what happened to two friends after they left a South County bar deepened for their families on Tuesday after police identified one of their bodies.

Jefferson County sheriff's office detectives identified the remains of Randy Greenman, 39, using dental records.

Greenman was last seen on Aug. 30 leaving the House of Rock bar with his friend George Whitter, 36.

Moments before Whitter and Greenman left the House of Rock in South County, Whitter called his wife of 17 years, asked her to get him some food from Taco Bell and told her that Greenman was going to give him a ride home, according to Carla Whitter, George Whitter's mother.

A few hours later, Whitter's wife, Kyrstin, said she found Greenman's SUV parked in front of his south St. Louis house. The lights were on inside his home. His dogs were barking in his backyard.

more at link

no pic at link

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=133074

10/30/2007

It's been exactly two months since George Whitter and Randy Greenman disappeared. It's been one month since Greenman's body was found.

While it's now become a homicide investigation, there are still few answers in this case.

Now, the Whitter family is making a public plea for help.

It was Aug. 30 when Whitter and Greenman were out on the town. They went to the Bean House, then on to the House of Rock in south St. Louis County. That was the last place either would be seen alive.

"There was not another phone call made after they walked out," Whitter's mother Carla Whitter said.

They were headed home, but never made it.

Whitter's family knew immediately that something was wrong.

"People were saying that he voluntarily left. And that I think definitely hampered the investigation. We knew right away George didn't leave on his own accord," said his sister, Christy Beckman.

Their suspicions were confirmed a month later when Greenman's body was found in a wooded area in Jefferson County. The missing person's case became a homicide investigation.

more at link

pic
genthumb.ashx

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...16D882DFF30F9CDF8625738F001D3BFC?OpenDocument

11/11/2007

Kyrstin Whitter has been in an emotional and legal quagmire since Aug. 30.

That was the last day she spoke to her husband of 17 years, George Whitter. Then he went missing.

She fears the worst, especially since Randy Greenman, the man with whom George Whitter was last seen alive, was found murdered, his body dumped in a Jefferson County subdivision under construction.

But to credit card companies, mortgage holders and insurance companies, George Whitter is not dead. The bills he once helped pay still pile up. His insurance and Social Security benefits aren't available because he has not been declared dead.

much more at link, including information about Jason Jolowski and quotes from his mom, Kelly, who posts in these forums often

An update was on KSDK channel 5 today possibly related to this case. Remains have been found in St. Charles county, West Alton, MO, off highway 94 (5 miles or so from where I live). The link only talks about the remains being found and nothing about George. However, the live story mentions that DNA was asked of George's parents and dental records sent for. His wife was interviewed and says they likely won't know anything for 72 hours. What's interesting is that his friend was found close to Festus, at least 50 minute drive south from where these remains have been found. I would find it odd, but I guess stranger things have happened. I would hate to see this be George, but I know the family is wanting answers and I hope they get them soon!
Link:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=134021&provider=top

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you hear anything more, no matter what the outcome.

Hoppy

This is a not just a tragedy, it is scary. Both of these men were not little guys. Makes you wonder if it isn't gang related. I don't know, it's just sad.

Developing Story:

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-st-mary-missouri-investigation-042309,0,6000808.story

ST. MARY, MO (KTVI -- FOX2now.com) - St. Louis County police have converged on a rural piece of land near St. Mary, Missouri., and detectives are digging for clues. St. Mary is about 55 miles south of St. Louis in Ste. Genevieve County.

It' remains a mystery why police are on the scene. Neighbors first spotted sheriff's deputies from Ste. Genevieve County and St. Louis County police last night nosing around the property.

A St. Louis County police spokeswoman won't reveal what they are looking for. One neighbor told FOX 2 the man who used to live on the land moved away a few years ago after his home burned down. They say that the man's parents owned the land and recently sold it to a local company.

We've learned the man who residents say lived there was indicted earlier this year in a St. Louis federal courtroom on drug charges.

We do know that St. Louis county crimes against persons detectives are here on the scene as well as evidence technicians.

St Louis is not an unreasonable drive from where Stacey Peterson is missing. We also have a woman who has been missing for a year from Bianco's Supper Club. It would only be 2 1/2 hours. I have to look her up. I can't remember her name right off and I haven't heard anything for a while.

I just read some comments on this site, and someone knows the guy who was indicted earlier this year who lived on the property being searched.
Says he was part of a biker group called Invaders Motorcycle Group.

I found this info about several indictments from St. Louis and Jefferson counties in Missouri: http://hellsangelroadmaster.blogspot.com/2009/02/invaders-motorcycle-club-stephen.html

Does anyone know of anyone missing around Jefferson county, Missouri or Ste. Genevieve, Missouri?
Anyone related to any biker groups/gangs?

the post came from this news site about the owner of the property being searched ... it's in the comments section below the article:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=173389&catid=3

The St. Charles connection has not been confirmed. St. Louis County missing persons investigators are on the scene, as it has been reported on two stations. So not sure if the St. Charles connection is true or not.

I thought of Teresa Butler when I read this, she's been missing for over 3 years now from southeast Mo.
I've been to St Marys a small quiet place where there is a big antique mall, very rural. I hope they're able to find what they're looking for!

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back