1018 users online (191 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

Voters
469. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

147 31.34%
  • No.

276 58.85%
  • Not Sure.

46 9.81%

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
    Quote Originally Posted by JezMyOpinion View Post
    Latest DNA just proves again, no unknown DNA. Not a shred. Zip, Zilch, Nada. Only Darlie. Her changing her stories, saying "if I did I don't remember", if it wasn't Darlie, the only other thing it could be is that Devon and Damon killed each other, so it was Darlie. Trust me, I tried like hell to find this mother innocent, it just cannot be done.
    After watching too many cases on forensic files, I can't believe a killer was there yet left no trace behind. And I'll never believe the woman slept through both her kids being stabbed to death. Plus they had a dog that went crazy when strangers were in that house. That day? Nada.

She's guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerc25 View Post
    Yes. I am not going to lie, I am a huge supporter of the DP and when this happened in 1996 I fully believed Darlie was guilty. After reading and watching everything in this case, transcribing the 911 call myself to see what the call REALLY said, I can't say without a shadow of doubt that she is guilty. I lean more towards her being innocent and that is RARE for me to say. I don't think we should kill someone when there is doubt there. I know everyone has their own beliefs on this case and that's okay. I just think she deserves a new trial at least. There were a lot of screw ups in this case. If she killed those babies and there was no doubt I would say 100% fry her. But there is too much doubt for me to say that.
    But the jury didn't have doubt, that's why they sentenced her to death. There is no legal reason whatsoever to give Darlie a new trial. What screw ups are those?

Quote Originally Posted by sloane7777 View Post
    I say yes as there are so many questions, and it will never really be settled In anyone's mind until she does have another , one way or the other.
    It's settled in my mind, without doubt whatsoever. But she could still be tried for Devon's murder so be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by sloane7777 View Post
    I say yes as there are so many questions, and it will never really be settled In anyone's mind until she does have another , one way or the other.
    It's settled in plenty of peoples minds. Mine included. She is a baby killer and she is almost right where she belongs. The only improvement would be if they would finally put the needle in her arm.

The evidence is not just beyond a reasonable doubt. It is overwhelming, both physical and circumstantial. The similarities between her and Jeffrey MacDonald have always been interesting to me. Just like his nut job supporters, Darlie's supporters have subscribed to the theory that if you tell enough lies, often enough, you will find suckers to believe it. Sadly, they are proven correct too often for comfort.

I voted guilty. I have no doubt she did it.

It doesn't matter how many polls are out there -- Darlie will not be getting a new trial. The best she can hope for is to keep delaying so TX continues to skip over her to execute other death row inmates. She's managed to do just that so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    It doesn't matter how many polls are out there -- Darlie will not be getting a new trial. The best she can hope for is to keep delaying so TX continues to skip over her to execute other death row inmates. She's managed to do just that so far...
    Exactly! Nobody get's a do-over, just because.

Quote Originally Posted by ladygator View Post
    Exactly! Nobody get's a do-over, just because.
    Actually there were many reasons why the Trial should've been declared a mistrial, but the Judge wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSouthernGirl View Post
    Actually there were many reasons why the Trial should've been declared a mistrial, but the Judge wouldn't do it.
    If that were true, which it isn't, she would have had another trial by now.

Doesn't matter if she does, she is just as guilty now as she was then.
    You don't get a do-over on murdering babies either.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSouthernGirl View Post
    can you name some please.

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    But the jury didn't have doubt, that's why they sentenced her to death. There is no legal reason whatsoever to give Darlie a new trial. What screw ups are those?

Several jurors have come out and said if they would've known about the newest evidence and certain pictures they hadn't seen they wouldn't have convicted her. There was an unknown print and unknown DNA in the blood print.

I agree that none of us can get round our heads that a mother would kill her own children but they do.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38