Should Darlie have a new trial?

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters

nicola

Reaction score
Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

I voted no. Why make the tax payers fork out more money when the evidence is going to show the SAME exact thing and I am almost 100% sure she'd be found guilty again.
If there really was anything new to warrant a new trial, yes sure why not, but there isn't. Darlie and her family just want the public to think there is.

No she should not. Darlie's appeals process is ongoing and if there were anything that would exonerate her, they'd have already gotten a new trial IMO.

I voted no. The only way she should get another trial is if they find the "intruder" and that will never happen. She's guilty...end of story, IMO.

IMO, of course she should have a new trial. Her defence team should be allowed the opportunity to have access to, and to test, evidence. Then they should have the opportunity to present this evidence infront of an unbiased and uninfluenced jury. After all a womans life is at stake here, and if it so happens that she didnt commit this crime im sure that everyone would be relieved that they found this out BEFORE they executed her!

I believe the courts (in good faith and to shut Darlie up) should retest the evidence with the new DNA techniques. Just to see IF these new tests come up with a different outcome. But that is it. NO new trial. It would be a waste of money.

I voted "no".

I think the first trial went just fine.

I voted "no". I think she is guilty and should remain where she is until her date with the needle. This is my first post but I have lurked here for more than a year. After reading the trial transcripts and hearing the evidence against her it is apparent to me that no one else could have killed those two darling boys but their mother.

Someone in an earlier post said the silly string episode was Darlie's way of celebrating her freedom from her burden in life being lifted of taking care of two very active boys 24/7. I agree. At the grave site she looked absolutely giddy and "free". On the trip to Penn. with the boys for two weeks would have been tiring and time consuming. Without the boys she could have basked in the limelight of her relatives. Drake being an infant would have been no problem as many there would have taken care of him for Darlie.

I think she buckled under the pressure of money problems and children. She needed child care for those 3 boys more than she needed extra maids and cleaning help. Devon was out of school for the summer and probably bored silly and seeking things to entertain himself. Damon was a tag-a-long after Devon. Darlie wanted everything in her life easy and problem free. Not so with two very active youngsters roaming the neighborhood and house and hot tub.

I read she is receiving parenting magazines in prison. That's closing the barn door a bit late. jmo ashley

Hey Ashley - thanks for joining in. I, like you lurked for over a year before I felt "confident" enough to actually post.

I don't understand how someone can read the transcripts and come to a different conclusion than the rest of us. I truly believed the girl didn't do it until I found those docs. That IMOOC SEALED DARLIE's FATE.

I voted "no". I think she is guilty and should remain where she is until her date with the needle. This is my first post but I have lurked here for more than a year. After reading the trial transcripts and hearing the evidence against her it is apparent to me that no one else could have killed those two darling boys but their mother.

Someone in an earlier post said the silly string episode was Darlie's way of celebrating her freedom from her burden in life being lifted of taking care of two very active boys 24/7. I agree. At the grave site she looked absolutely giddy and "free". On the trip to Penn. with the boys for two weeks would have been tiring and time consuming. Without the boys she could have basked in the limelight of her relatives. Drake being an infant would have been no problem as many there would have taken care of him for Darlie.

I think she buckled under the pressure of money problems and children. She needed child care for those 3 boys more than she needed extra maids and cleaning help. Devon was out of school for the summer and probably bored silly and seeking things to entertain himself. Damon was a tag-a-long after Devon. Darlie wanted everything in her life easy and problem free. Not so with two very active youngsters roaming the neighborhood and house and hot tub.

I read she is receiving parenting magazines in prison. That's closing the barn door a bit late. jmo ashley
Hello! Window dressing is what I'd call it. Primarily Drake's parenting is being taken care of by his grandparents (Do they still have custody?) and his dad. If she was really that concerned about being a good parent, she'd never have killed his two older siblings.

Parenting mags? You HAVE to be kidding me!?!?!?!
Maybe she is trying to come up with new ideas that good parents practice that she can claim she was doing back when her kids were still alive, just in case she ever does get that trial. After all, she WAS the perfect mom in hers and her family's eyes, at least in THEIR opinion. Why not pad the resume a bit right? Sheesh.

Parenting mags? You HAVE to be kidding me!?!?!?!
Maybe she is trying to come up with new ideas that good parents practice that she can claim she was doing back when her kids were still alive, just in case she ever does get that trial. After all, she WAS the perfect mom in hers and her family's eyes, at least in THEIR opinion. Why not pad the resume a bit right? Sheesh.

Hey chick - I like your answer. I seriously doubts she reads them. IF she was innocent, then just reading those parenting magazines would drive her mad. You know since her kids were taken away from her.....

Hey chick - I like your answer. I seriously doubts she reads them. IF she was innocent, then just reading those parenting magazines would drive her mad. You know since her kids were taken away from her.....

Well gee, I'd like to think that her and the rest of the "Death Row Babes" are reading up on how to be good mammas, so that when they all get their second trials, or when "the real killers" are found, they can all come home, have more babies and live happily ever after. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe we should start sending them recipies so they'll know what to cook for dinner every night.

Well gee, I'd like to think that her and the rest of the "Death Row Babes" are reading up on how to be good mammas, so that when they all get their second trials, or when "the real killers" are found, they can all come home, have more babies and live happily ever after. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe we should start sending them recipies so they'll know what to cook for dinner every night.

Oh and style mag's so they can step right back into that prestigious world they were living before. :eek::eek:Funny Jeana!

Oh I am sorry about hearing you losing both your parents within a month of each other. That is such a tough and emotional crippling experience. One was hard enough for me. :blowkiss:

Oh and style mag's so they can step right back into that prestigious world they were living before. :eek::eek:Funny Jeana!

Oh I am sorry about hearing you losing both your parents within a month of each other. That is such a tough and emotional crippling experience. One was hard enough for me. :blowkiss:

Thanks. I'm sorry about your's too. Its not easy.

I voted "no".

I think the first trial went just fine.

I voted a big fat NO as well. She's been tried and convicted. If there was any new evidence that would exonerate her, we'd have heard long ago.

Be careful what you wish for. MacDonald's dna tests only reaffirmed his guilt and so will Darlie's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back