View Poll Results: Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

Voters
418. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

135 32.30%
  • No.

241 57.66%
  • Not Sure.

42 10.05%
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by accordn2me View Post
    Looking at the pics I've seen makes me think it. IIRC, it appears his blood ran down his body into his underwear. I'm no expert by far, but I don't think it would look that way were he in a prone position when stabbed.
    Me neither but I believe that could have come from Darin's applying CPR to Devon.

Quote Originally Posted by wherego View Post
    I think she should have a new trial for several reasons.
    I am not sure of guilt or innocence, but I am sure she didn't get a fair trail.

One question that I have, why did she call 911 with one child still living and breathing to be a witness against her???? I would have to think that if she was the murderer, and staged this crime scene as many say she did, that her first priority would have been to leave neither child alive to tell that Mommy did it!

Just one of those things that makes this case difficult.
    Damon was near death when the police responded and he actually died in the paramedics arms. I don't think a traumatized child, gasping for breath, is going to tell anyone his "mommy did it" but hey that's just me.

I think she made the 911 call for herself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

No, I don't know what the delay is.

Darlie was prosecuted for Damon's murder. The state had no reason to present any evidence about Devon. I remember seeing pictures of him. From what I could see....and I've never seen the book, MTJD, but the pics I did see....it appeared that Devon was standing up when he was stabbed. The sock in the alley has always baffled me. I can't dismiss it. Darin's jeans are another huge unanswered question. There are too many unanswered questions in this case. The state didn't need any more. The defense does. For some reason, Mulder just didn't care.
    I don't think he was. Darin performed CPR on Devon, when he blew into his mouth blood flew out of the chest wound.

What about the sock in the alley can't you dismiss? How do you think it got there and why isn't any of Darlie's blood on it?

Why are Darin's jeans a huge unanswered question? They were tested. Darin's statement of his movements that night places him with all three victims....we can expect him to have all three blood types on his jeans. As well, Laber does not state that the blood on Darin's jeans is consistant with his being there during the stabbings just that the stains should be subject to genetic testing.

Well since i'm not a lawyer or a judge I can't comment on Mulder.

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    I don't think he was. Darin performed CPR on Devon, when he blew into his mouth blood flew out of the chest wound.

What about the sock in the alley can't you dismiss? How do you think it got there and why isn't any of Darlie's blood on it?

Why are Darin's jeans a huge unanswered question? They were tested. Darin's statement of his movements that night places him with all three victims....we can expect him to have all three blood types on his jeans. As well, Laber does not state that the blood on Darin's jeans is consistant with his being there during the stabbings just that the stains should be subject to genetic testing.

I think for the blood to have ran down his body and into his underwear like that, he would have had to be standing....wet towels or not. But I certainly don't know that for sure. It's JMO.

I can't dismiss the sock. I don't know how it got there. I haven't seen a good explanation for it yet. If Darlie's blood isn't on it, maybe Darin put it there.

I didn't realize Darin's jeans had been tested. Where can I find that?

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post

I also can't figure out the big deal about Darin's jeans. There was blood everywhere...I don't find it odd at all that he would have all 3's blood on him.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    I also can't figure out the big deal about Darin's jeans. There was blood everywhere...I don't find it odd at all that he would have all 3's blood on him.
    Blood being on Darin's jeans wouldn't be odd. Whether it was smeared, splatter, or spatter would be interesting and informative. Where can I find the test results?

Blood being on Darin's jeans wouldn't be odd. Whether it was smeared, splatter, or spatter would be interesting and informative. Where can I find the test results?
    true...

Darin's blue jeans

Darin's blue jeans were tested, according to Charles Linch's Affidavit dated July/11/2002:

"On August 23, 1996, Douglas Parks, Wayne Huff, and Cliff Jenkins were accompanied by two forensic scientists, Bart Epstein and Terry Laber. It was my understanding that Bart Epstein and Terry Laber had been retained by Douglas Parks and Wayne Huff to conduct a forensic analysis of the physical and trace evidence in my custody. Bart Epstein, Terry Laber and I met for approximately three hours to discuss the evidence in the Routier case. During that meeting, Bart Epstein and Terry Laber reviewed the evidence in my possession, including, but not limited to:
    a. All microscope slides I had prepared;
    b. The nightshirt worn by Darlie Routier on the night of the murders;
    c. The Hoover vacuum cleaner;
    d. The large maroon pillow;
    e. Pieces of carpet and flooring containing blood stains and spatters; and
    f. Darin Routier's blood-stained blue jeans.

Darlie had a total of 7 well-respected attorneys, 2 nationally-known forensic scientists, as well as a private investigator working on her defense. I think it's safe to say that Darin's jeans didn't help either side's case, which is why they weren't admitted into evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary456 View Post
    Darin's blue jeans were tested, according to Charles Linch's Affidavit dated July/11/2002:

"On August 23, 1996, Douglas Parks, Wayne Huff, and Cliff Jenkins were accompanied by two forensic scientists, Bart Epstein and Terry Laber. It was my understanding that Bart Epstein and Terry Laber had been retained by Douglas Parks and Wayne Huff to conduct a forensic analysis of the physical and trace evidence in my custody. Bart Epstein, Terry Laber and I met for approximately three hours to discuss the evidence in the Routier case. During that meeting, Bart Epstein and Terry Laber reviewed the evidence in my possession, including, but not limited to:
    a. All microscope slides I had prepared;
    b. The nightshirt worn by Darlie Routier on the night of the murders;
    c. The Hoover vacuum cleaner;
    d. The large maroon pillow;
    e. Pieces of carpet and flooring containing blood stains and spatters; and
    f. Darin Routier's blood-stained blue jeans.

Darlie had a total of 7 well-respected attorneys, 2 nationally-known forensic scientists, as well as a private investigator working on her defense. I think it's safe to say that Darin's jeans didn't help either side's case, which is why they weren't admitted into evidence.
    Thanks Mary.

I don't think "it's safe to say that Darin's jeans didn't help either side's case" so that's why they weren't admitted into evidence. Apparently, Mulder didn't think he needed to use anything tested or found before he came on board. This would be in keeping with the agreement to hire him - to keep the jury from hearing evidence that would implicate Darin.

I want her to get a new trial because then all those claiming Darlie is innocent will realize that Darlie truly is the killer of her children.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    I want her to get a new trial because then all those claiming Darlie is innocent will realize that Darlie truly is the killer of her children.
    But she is now on Death Row, isn't she? I would be scared that if she got a new trial she would get LWOP.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Squishified For This Useful Post:

Thanks Mary.

I don't think "it's safe to say that Darin's jeans didn't help either side's case" so that's why they weren't admitted into evidence. Apparently, Mulder didn't think he needed to use anything tested or found before he came on board. This would be in keeping with the agreement to hire him - to keep the jury from hearing evidence that would implicate Darin.
    That makes sense. The whole Mulder/Darin issue is suspicious to say the least.

IMO the jeans, along with other evidence, should be sent off to be tested, after all there are newer and better ways of testing evidence than there were in the 90's.

I voted yes.

I wouldn't say I am on the fence, but maybe I am.

I am a mother and I guess I want to believe that a mother couldn't do this to her own, and so brutally - but we all know that is not true.

But again, if there is a fingerprint in the blood, stray pubic hair - before we put her to death - shouldn't this be checked? If not by trial, some other way?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hellolovely For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hellolovely View Post
    I voted yes.

I wouldn't say I am on the fence, but maybe I am.

I am a mother and I guess I want to believe that a mother couldn't do this to her own, and so brutally - but we all know that is not true.

But again, if there is a fingerprint in the blood, stray pubic hair - before we put her to death - shouldn't this be checked? If not by trial, some other way?
    The fingerprint has been tested. They can not rule Darlie out. There is no new evidence to test. She is grasping at straws.
    WhityWendy - Carolina Girl

Truth is the cry of all, but the game of few - George Bishop Berkeley

18. The Following User Says Thank You to whitywendy For This Useful Post:

oomph - kicked off the fence by WhityWendy!

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast