644 users online (76 members and 568 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Question about the "Tapas 9"

Unless I totally missed it, I have never seen anything about the friends of the McCanns being interviewed or considered suspects.

Does anyone have any information about them?
    Justice for Jonbenet!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Unless I totally missed it, I have never seen anything about the friends of the McCanns being interviewed or considered suspects.

Does anyone have any information about them?
    Hi Tristan. Yes, they've been interviewed several times.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...9-1702,00.html May 27, 2007 (Tapas friend gives account of man seen leaving apartment area)

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing/article.do July 10, 2007 (Family friends confront suspect)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...274738,00.html July 11, 2007 (Friends vow to do all they can to find Madeleine)

http://www.nationalledger.com/cgi-bi...e=15&num=15099 July 30, 2007 (McCann friends' relationship With suspect questioned)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../wmaddy408.xml August 14, 2007 (Friends attack police 'smears')

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2303356.ece August 22, 2007 (Russell O'Brien says he is not a suspect)

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

One discrepancy that doesn't jar me at all is that Jane Tanner witnessed a man carrying what looked like a child in p.j.s & a blanket (some reports quote "rushing") whereas no one else saw this man. Gerry McCann & his tennis friend as well as one of the doctors was on the scene at about the same time. Particularly if this man was rushing, he may have passed too fast for anyone else to see him. Certainly, the positions of these people were not synchronised. And no one knows where their attention was directed. I want to review all the information on this sighting.

Review taken. Jane Tanner says it was 9:15 p.m. when she went to her apt. and that she saw Jeremy Wilkins & Gerry McCann probably at about the time their chat ended according to GM. He has said the two spoke for about 10 - 15 min. This is also the time when Jane Tanner saw the man wearing beige slacks and pointed black shoes carrying the child, going in the direction of the Murat villa. I still do not know where her apt. was, hers and O'Brien's, i.e. I came across a report that it was one of the doctors whose DNA was found in 5A "where it didn't belong". This report was not sourced. The social quiz artist who gave the diners a test at the tapas bar did not arrive until 9:30, so the fact she didn't see diners leaving the table has never bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuba View Post
    Review taken. Jane Tanner says it was 9:15 p.m. when she went to her apt. and that she saw Jeremy Wilkins & Gerry McCann probably at about the time their chat ended according to GM. He has said the two spoke for about 10 - 15 min. This is also the time when Jane Tanner saw the man wearing beige slacks and pointed black shoes carrying the child, going in the direction of the Murat villa. I still do not know where her apt. was, hers and O'Brien's, i.e. I came across a report that it was one of the doctors whose DNA was found in 5A "where it didn't belong". This report was not sourced. The social quiz artist who gave the diners a test at the tapas bar did not arrive until 9:30, so the fact she didn't see diners leaving the table has never bothered me.
    That sounds scary! It would be interesting to know where that came from!

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Maybe all the male Doctors are on the "down low" and they weren't swinging at all, but having sex with other men. Perfect reason to help your buddy if he's got that to tell your wife...girlfriend...colleagues

The doctor/diner/friends were in 5B and 5D and upstairs from the McCanns in 5A. I have not got a clear idea where 5B & 5D are. Obviously the upstairs apt. is not directly above as that is Pamela Fenn's place. At one time, the police suspected a shift in things, even Madeleine, between 5A and one of the other apartments, probably 5B. That seemed to go nowhere.

There was an apartment that the early search dogs hit on, but we never learned if it belonged to a Tapas friend. I kind of doubt it because that would've been very suspicious, and we'd probably know by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuba View Post
    Review taken. Jane Tanner says it was 9:15 p.m. when she went to her apt. and that she saw Jeremy Wilkins & Gerry McCann probably at about the time their chat ended according to GM. He has said the two spoke for about 10 - 15 min.
    Which article states this timeframe? Thoughtfox's article a few posts back says Matthew Oldfield checked on McCann children by listening at 9:25. So If Gerry walked back to the table at about 9:15 taking a few minutes to do so,are you saying Matthew went back less than ten minutes later to check on them again? Checks every 10 minutes now!
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
    Mother Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by PharmSleuth View Post
    Which article states this timeframe? Thoughtfox's article a few posts back says Matthew Oldfield checked on McCann children by listening at 9:25. So If Gerry walked back to the table at about 9:15 taking a few minutes to do so,are you saying Matthew went back less than ten minutes later to check on them again? Checks every 10 minutes now!
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=348

This was one of the earliest timelines we figured out. Based on reports that have been released since, we're not sure how reliable it is. But it appears as if the McCanns' friends were falling all over themselves to check on the children.

This included a 9:25 time in which Gerry returned from checking the children and three others were also absent from the table. I can't understand how any of the Tapas group managed to get the "adult" time they craved so much when they were jumping up and down like jackrabbits.

Thanks, CaliKid! So If Gerry left at 9 or 905PM from the table and returned at 925PM, that does not fit with a 10-15 minute talk with Jeremy. Also Matthew immediately got up to check on the McCann kids again. How did they find the time for 8 to 14 bottles of wine?
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
    Mother Teresa

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    It does seem strange that professionals that have to organize their time & their personal lives in order to be sucessful would have this "musical chairs " running around with all those children & slightly intoxicated!!!!
    Surely they could have parcelled out babysitting duties & had several children in one apartment or two & have the baby sitters go to 5A with 4 kids & 5b with 4 kids! They don't sound like the gogetters with 5-10yrs of medical training under their belts

While I was looking for the news item on Tanner noticing McCann & Wilkins, I also saw material on diner-witness inconsistencies, particularly as against the arrival of the McCanns. The couple thought they arrived at 8:30. Other guests say 9:00. But Gerry was very specific that he left at 9:05 to check on the children. If the other diners are right, he no sooner sat down than got up to go see them. Someone's timing is OFF!

The timing of that night is all off Tuba. If the members of the party were checking kids as often as they say they were, there would have been padssing one another by & very few at the table all night!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast