Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    WISN.com will live stream a news conference from Crandon High School today at noon.

http://www.wisn.com/index.html

That's central time zone. So in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowneyedEmily View Post
    I'm going to have to echo a lot of you guys - why was a 20yo given this badge? I've been speaking with a gun nut friend of mine, who is amazingly responsible and has been shooting guns since he was very young, and he said LE officers don't have to go through the same processes to get a gun as citizens. Which, I guess, is understandable in most cases, but not this one.

For a 20yo to be allowed to bypass many regulations and requirements involved with being allowed to carry a handgun just because he was appointed to an LE position...that's not good. His age should have been a huge factor - I might be wrong, but I wouldn't be comfortable with anyone in their mid to early 20s carrying a gun just because their jobs say they can. I want to be assured that they're getting as much training and clearance as the average citizen, if not more.
    Fox just had a reporter on the scene and he said a Pastor that knew Tyler Peterson well, said that TP had just completed SWAT TEAM training. So he had to be an excellent shooter.

Those poor young people never stood a chance.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Fox just had a reporter on the scene and he said a Pastor that knew Tyler Peterson well, said that TP had just completed SWAT TEAM training. So he had to be an excellent shooter.

imoo
    Wow, that's awful. While there have been instances in the past that have made me believe SWAT team members haven't received the best training, it's definitely better than what typical LE and "normal" citizens have. What poor kids...

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

imoo
    I also heard that he had went to the house earlier & got into a fight with his Ex girlfriend......he left & came back with his guns shooting everyone.

This just gets me so angry. Even if you think you are protecting your children from danger, you just never know what one of their friends or acquaintances might do.

This has to be so difficult for all the families. I wonder if his family will make a statement?

Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Your so correct Taximom.....
    I am so glad I have my kids all raised. With my Grandkids getting to be a age where they want to psend time with friends you just never know when you could get a phone call & your life can be changed forever.

These kids were just at friends house, not bothering a soul. All gunned down for no reason! To think a Swat Team member could / would do this is unthinkable.

One of the victims of Sunday's shooting was 14-year-old Lindsey Stahl, her mother said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/wis....ap/index.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

did the 7th victim die? I just saw a headline "7 shot dead..."
    Oh never mind ... they were counting the shooter as one of the dead

Apprently he had someone held hostage when he was shot. I wonder who that poor person was?

Now the press conference has been moved to 1pm CST.

I don't care for the idea of a 20 yr. old being a deputy sheriff. While there certainly are exceptions, most 20 yr. olds don't have their life together yet. Cripes! The kid couldn't even legally drink! I'll bet heads will roll and lawsuits will follow.

One big question is what training and evaluation did recruits need to meet to become a deputy? Maybe in those small towns there isn't a lot of potential recruits from which to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    did the 7th victim die? I just saw a headline "7 shot dead..."
    Oh never mind ... they were counting the shooter as one of the dead

Apprently he had someone held hostage when he was shot. I wonder who that poor person was?
    Lastnight they stated he held 6 hostages before he was shot!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071008/...Ys0lBoy69H2ocA

Peterson's father, Steve Peterson, said that the family planned to draft a statement to the public, but declined Monday to talk in detail. Nothing his family said about him now would be believable to most people, he said.
    "It is very trying," he said.

and
    The shooting raised questions among residents about whether Peterson had met requirements to become a law enforcement officer. David Franz, who is married to Marci Franz, said it was hard to accept that someone in law enforcement was the gunman.
    "The first statement we said to each other was, 'How did he get through the system?'" Franz said.

Quote Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post
    Lastnight they stated he held 6 hostages before he was shot!
    The person who was shot and released from the hospital was another officer. Apparently, before Peterson was killed, there were gunshots exchanged between him and his LE comrades.

However, there is still another person from the party who is still hospitalized in critical condition.

[quote=Taximom;1724767]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071008/...Ys0lBoy69H2ocA

Peterson's father, Steve Peterson, said that the family planned to draft a statement to the public, but declined Monday to talk in detail. Nothing his family said about him now would be believable to most people, he said.
    "It is very trying," he said.

I'm not dissing Petersons parents here. The comments people make under stress are odd sometimes.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast