954 users online (195 members and 759 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Ultimate Identity Theft

When the family of a Harlem man began arranging his burial at a veterans' cemetery, they were shocked to learn that the body of a man with the same name, Social Security number and military honors was already there.
    Now Willie Hayes' family wants the remains of the man, who was buried in 2003, removed from Calverton National Cemetery on Long Island.
    "If he didn't serve in the Army, he shouldn't be there. It's not fair to the veterans. He stole my brother's identity," Hayes' brother, Sylvester, said in a telephone interview Monday
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 10-09-2007 at 10:10 PM.

This is horrible! For the family to have to deal with someone stealing their son's identity and having to battle to have the other person removed is just so sad.

Now we have another UID to find, too. Who was the person and why did they go to such great lengths to disquise their identity?!

(By the way, you can delete the advertisements if you will just delete the "language" after the original post and stop before you get to the [quote].)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Could some sort of error been made in indentifying the man with a similar name to the cemetary type officials, and the officials looked up the wrong person and gave the dead man the wrong identity by mistake? Could it be, that the dead person also belongs there, but has the wrong identity attached to them?

How bizzare!

[quote=SeriouslySearching;1726482]This is horrible! For the family to have to deal with someone stealing their son's identity and having to battle to have the other person removed is just so sad.

Now we have another UID to find, too. Who was the person and why did they go to such great lengths to disquise their identity?!

(By the way, you can delete the advertisements if you will just delete the "language" after the original post and stop before you get to the
    .)

I tried and tried to delete the commercials...I think they've found a new tricky way to insert them so they can not be removed. Sorry

Can you repost a link to the article, so we can read it fully please?

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I don't know if it's the same article, but here is a link:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10082007...ve_offense.htm

From the link I posted:

"The person that is buried there now got this Willie Hayes' information and used it in his life," said Owens, who learned from Calverton officials some basic information about the other man whose date of death is listed as Nov. 8, 2003. "[The impostor] had no relatives. The city arranged for his burial."

"They [the cemetery] called the nursing home where he died, and they found out he had two different Social Security numbers and two different dates of birth."

Ah... Wow! I hope the family succeeds in getting the grave back for the rightful occupant.

They were finally able to bury the real Willie Hayes in another section. I don't know if the faker will be ousted or not.