Ultimate Identity Theft

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
When the family of a Harlem man began arranging his burial at a veterans' cemetery, they were shocked to learn that the body of a man with the same name, Social Security number and military honors was already there.
Now Willie Hayes' family wants the remains of the man, who was buried in 2003, removed from Calverton National Cemetery on Long Island.
"If he didn't serve in the Army, he shouldn't be there. It's not fair to the veterans. He stole my brother's identity," Hayes' brother, Sylvester, said in a telephone interview Monday

This is horrible! For the family to have to deal with someone stealing their son's identity and having to battle to have the other person removed is just so sad.

Now we have another UID to find, too. Who was the person and why did they go to such great lengths to disquise their identity?!

(By the way, you can delete the advertisements if you will just delete the "language" after the original post and stop before you get to the

Could some sort of error been made in indentifying the man with a similar name to the cemetary type officials, and the officials looked up the wrong person and gave the dead man the wrong identity by mistake? Could it be, that the dead person also belongs there, but has the wrong identity attached to them?

This is horrible! For the family to have to deal with someone stealing their son's identity and having to battle to have the other person removed is just so sad.

Now we have another UID to find, too. Who was the person and why did they go to such great lengths to disquise their identity?!

(By the way, you can delete the advertisements if you will just delete the "language" after the original post and stop before you get to the

I tried and tried to delete the commercials...I think they've found a new tricky way to insert them so they can not be removed. Sorry

Can you repost a link to the article, so we can read it fully please?

From the link I posted:

"The person that is buried there now got this Willie Hayes' information and used it in his life," said Owens, who learned from Calverton officials some basic information about the other man whose date of death is listed as Nov. 8, 2003. "[The impostor] had no relatives. The city arranged for his burial."

"They [the cemetery] called the nursing home where he died, and they found out he had two different Social Security numbers and two different dates of birth."

Ah... Wow! I hope the family succeeds in getting the grave back for the rightful occupant.

They were finally able to bury the real Willie Hayes in another section. I don't know if the faker will be ousted or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back