GUILTY UT - Patricia Rothermich, 64, killed in staged hit & run, Holladay, 3 Oct 2007

Vegas Bride

Reaction score
www.ksl.com

The husband has been arrested in the hit and run death of his wife.
She would go on daily walks and it looks like he's bought a van recently that he kept hidden and used it to intentionally run her down while she was out on her walk. Her funeral is today. This mans girlfriend contacted the police to tell them they had recently bought a van that fit the description of the hit and run. He had 2 large life insurance policies on her totalling about 250,000.
What a this man is!!

If you click on the link the stories are under the local news, they have an article where the husband is speaking out about his wife and how he wanted the person caught who did this, of course this was when he was playing a victim!

VB

Freaktoids like this make me sick! Surprise surprise he had a girlfriend..idiot!

She would go on daily walks and it looks like he's bought a van recently that he kept hidden and used it to intentionally run her down while she was out on her walk.
:eek::mad:

A homeowner went to check on his vacant property and discovered the garage, usually minus a garage door, was boarded up with plywood. He removed the plywood and discovered the white work truck inside.

IMO this is no crime of passion but very thought out and deliberate, it took some time for him to buy the van, hide it away and plan this, plus having the 2 life insurance policies.
In the video he's acting such a grieving husband talking about what a wonderful woman his wife was. They were married 8 years and people who knew them are just in shock.

Premeditated murder and he needs to be locked up forever.

VB

I agree, definite premeditation. Along with what you said, he boarded up the garage to hide the car. He's obviously not a very smart criminal.

I say hurrah for the girlfriend. She's a decent human being for doing the right thing.

I say hurrah for the girlfriend. She's a decent human being for doing the right thing.

yes, definitely a good person for coming forward, just like Amber Frey.

The poor victim ... this tear's me up: "Friends described her as educated, well-traveled and selfless. She worked with Child Protective Services for 30 years. " from this link posted earlier http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1945801 . :(

I hope her husband gets what he deserves, and that her soul rests in peace.

I bet this guy was shocked when he was told they had the truck! That's one of those priceless moments for LE.

I'm glad he was found out quickly and no one else was accused in the hit and run. May justice be served and abundantly.

I bet this guy was shocked when he was told they had the truck! That's one of those priceless moments for LE.

I'm glad he was found out quickly and no one else was accused in the hit and run. May justice be served and abundantly.

That was the best!

Yes as soon as he was told they had the truck he asked for a lawyer.
I saw on the news last night how the 1 son had flown in from Iraq for the funeral, how horrible for all his children to have to deal with this now. I don't know if his wife had any children of her own, the only children I've heard of are from his first marriage. I would really like to hear what his girlfriend has to say and she deffinatly did the right thing in contacting the police.

VB

Detectives are building what they say is a stronger case against a man charged with murdering his wife for money.

Tuesday, court documents viewed by ABC 4 show this isn't lynch's first brush with the legal system. Behavioral issues, allegations of dishonesty, and deep financial problems have caused serious issues for lynch. They include tax liens, debt collections, even a charge of disorderly conduct in west valley city for which he was fined and sentenced to 15 days in jail. The jail time was suspended by the judge.

http://tinyurl.com/2m7x8a

I wonder if the wife had money he wanted and she refused to hand over. Money seems to be a cause behind many domestic deaths.

I wonder if the wife had money he wanted and she refused to hand over. Money seems to be a cause behind many domestic deaths.

I think he was going after a couple of life insurance policies... get rid of the wife, get rich and have a girlfriend to boot!

Premeditated murder!!! How clever the idiot thought he was to get away with it! NOT!!!!!! May he rot in hell!!!!

A homeowner went to check on his vacant property and discovered the garage, usually minus a garage door, was boarded up with plywood. He removed the plywood and discovered the white work truck inside.

I really couldn't believe my ears when I heard this on Greta, so I came here to check it out. OMGosh, what a stupid idiot!!! I feel sorry for the kids and the girlfriend. She did the right thing. I bet you he took money from the girlfriend too. She probably paid for everything they did! What a loser.

From January 2009:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705280456/Man-who-ran-over-wife-is-sent-to-prison.html?pg=all

Sherman Alexander Lynch, who was convicted of ramming a truck into his wife and leaving her dying in the bushes near a Holladay road, was sentenced to prison Monday.

Third District Judge Deno Himonas sentenced Lynch, 60, to serve 15 years to life in prison for murder, a first-degree felony, and one to 15 years for obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony. The judge ordered that the sentences run consecutively.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back