TN TN - Christy Carroll, 18, Hohenwald, 6 February 1995

Tranaice

Reaction score
http://causes.reelfootlodge.com/ccindex.html

This happened in the town that I grew up in. This has bothered me for many years. I personally know her mother and her Grandmother has been keeping up this site since the death of Christy, hoping that someone will help her find justice for her Granddaughter. The local cops and everyone else just blew it off as accidental death, but take a look at the pictures and read the story. The boys involved in this have escaped scot free. It breaks my heart for this family that nothing was ever done. Does anyone have any ideas, what is everyone's thoughts on this? There are so many smart sleuthers on here that I thought I would get your thoughts and suggestions to see if there is anything that we can do.

I hope I have posted this in the right forum, if not I apologize in advance.

Wow. Thanks for posting this story, Tranaice. What a beautiful young lady and what a horribly sad story. I hope her family is able to find justice as this is just way to long to wait. From reading through her site and looking at the photos of Christy and Tim, it definitely sounds like there was some sort of political corruption.

Yes, unfortunately, there is. It happens every day and it's just so sad. Christy was a beautiful girl and she had a beautiful 2 year old little girl that looks just like her. I really wish there was something we could do to bring this in the spotlight and get somebody working on this because the locals aren't going to do it. The same ones keep getting elected over and over, although a bunch of us have tried to change it. :( Thank you so much for reading this and for caring.

I am reading it all now. We need to get the grandmother to come to WB's and become a member and talk with us. There are many here who could offer advice to her and maybe we can help.

michelle said:
I am reading it all now. We need to get the grandmother to come to WB's and become a member and talk with us. There are many here who could offer advice to her and maybe we can help.
Great idea. I will see if I can get this link to her, maybe by signing the guestbook and telling her about it. Thanks!

How pittiful and disgusting that this LE officer said investigating her death was unimportant to him because she was just a *advertiser censored*! Utterly unbelievable.''

I wonder if they saved any evidence? We know a rape kit was not taken, so if the investigation was opened up again she would have to be disintured to discover that. After 11 years would there still be semen up inside of her? I thinik she is just bones now. But going thru the evidence very carefully, they might find something - even something teeny, to link her forensicly to these two kids, now grown men, of course.

It will take some $$$'s, and so what pops into my mind is what is the nearest big city that would have a Cold Case squad? Are there cold Case squads for cases like this that were improperly investigated, like the Innocence Project is to DNA? Those two things would be a start.

If not can an appeal be made to the Governor of Tenn to command the investigation opend again by his proclimation?

I wish someone in her family had money, because 2 weeks away from the elections would be a perfect time to show this to the public. I mean the paper in the nearest big city. Impossible now, I know, but it would work anytime, really, and maybe attract the eye of a free Private Investigator, for example, with accredited forensic connections.

What I would do is hire an attorney on contingency and sue the police department and what other agencies are over it up to and including the Attorney General. That would raise some ire and results, I would think.

There are many posters here who are much more knowledgable and smarter than I, and I hope they put in their :twocents:

Scandi

scandi said:
How pittiful and disgusting that this LE officer said investigating her death was unimportant to him because she was just a *advertiser censored*! Utterly unbelievable.''
That has me FIRED up!!!! I want to know who I can call or write about that comment!!

Nashville is the closest big city, but those are some great ideas Scandi. I'm not very good at this kind of stuff but I read these boards all the time and I am amazed at how good the sleuthers are on here, so that is why I brought this to the attention of this board. Thank you so much for your ideas.

I'm happy to put my mind on it Tranaice, and Googling Cold Cases in Tenessee, I happened on this on out of Greenville, a 16 year old murder being worked on by a Sold Case squad that has retired personnel for varios forensic needs. So it happens, but someone has to contact these people to get something rolling. I think these two towns are up in the NW corner of Tenn and the SW corner of Misourii where they touch. I have no idea yet where Nashville is:[

http://www.greenvillepd.com/medrel0609.pdf

Scandi

Thank ya'll so much, all of your ideas so far are wonderful. I pray we can get something going and get some justice for Christy. I do hope her Grandmother will join us here so that she can see all of the great suggestions and all of the wonderful people that post on here.

michelle said:
That has me FIRED up!!!! I want to know who I can call or write about that comment!!
I know what you mean Michelle. It is digusting. Christy was a beautiful, young girl who deserved to have a long happy life with her family and daughter. From reading her Grandmother's site, their family was a very close family and my heart bleeds for them.

I cant get over how he called her a *advertiser censored* and had totally disregarded christy, thats her name, Christy! Not *advertiser censored*. Ewwww, I just want to smack someone for that comment!:furious: :slap: :furious:

I am outraged by the run around this family is getting. I think this is very common. I found this same thing while reading about Renee Fox from CA. It seems this police department is part of the "good ole boys club".

**I have PM'd d.o.a. cop, who is a forensic pathologist (I think that is the right title) who reads here sometimes. I asked him if there would be anything to analize in regards to a rape. I'm not sure how often he is here, or if he will answer me, but maybe we will hear back from him.

In regard to post #6, there should be semen still present if any was there to begin with. Reputed Boston Strangler victim Mary Sullivan was raped and murdered in 1964 and was disinterred a few years ago. Semen was still present, enough to show that Albert DeSalvo was NOT her rapist or killer.

Did anyone see anything about the cause of death? She copied a portion of the autopsy which recounted some contusions and abrasions, but I don't see anything to indicate if any were severe enough to cause the death.
She had bleeding from mouth and nose, so I would guess that head injury would be a possibility.

mysteriew said:
Did anyone see anything about the cause of death? She copied a portion of the autopsy which recounted some contusions and abrasions, but I don't see anything to indicate if any were severe enough to cause the death.
She had bleeding from mouth and nose, so I would guess that head injury would be a possibility.
If I remember right, they ruled it as hypothermia. They obviously just threw her out and left her there as she was, no coat, no shoes, etc. :( Christy needs some justice for this. One boy is in jail now on unrelated charges, but the other lives comfortably, is married and has a child of his own. How can someone live with this and not feel bad??? :(

The family should definitely file a complaint with the state police. It would be the state police's job to review complaints on local LE. If they will not do it, then they might be able to get the FBI involved. We had a similar situation a few years back where a guy that I knew (a twin!) named Jon Bowie was murdered, probably by county police, in what was deemed a suicide. He was found hanging from the baseball backstop at a nearby school, which was within walking distance from his house. Unfortunately, there was no logical way that he could have hung himself the way that he was found. Someone had to have put him there. Plus, he had told his family that in the next few days he was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him. Plus, there was the mystery phone call to his family the night he died. Add that to a couple of run-ins with the county police, and it just did not add up. The state police investigated, and then the FBI eventually got involved as it is part of the checks and balances of LE internal investigations, basically. It did not ever answer the question of his death, but it is still the chain of review.

You can read about my friend Jon Bowie in the book Jon, Why Are You Crying? by David Key Parrish.

http://www.prisonactivist.org/pipermail/prisonact-list/1996-January/000189.html

Thank you Bluecat. I'm hoping that Christy's Grandmother will come over and post with us and read all of your suggestions and maybe we can get something going here. You all are great on this board and I appreciate all of the concern and suggestions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back