OH - Five injured in SuccessTech Academy shooting, Cleveland, 10 Oct 2007

Lurker

Former Member
Reaction score
CNN ticker reports 5 victims so far, the shooter is still in the school.

Oh no. The violence has to stop.
Is this happening in a college?

http://www.wbir.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=49973&provider=gnews

This link reports 4 shot at Ohio High School
Numerous police officers, with guns drawn have been seen running into the Successtech Academy High on Lakeside Avenue in downtown Cleveland, Ohio.Advertisement
OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');

1:58 p.m. There are unconfirmed reports that there may be as many as five people injured. Sources tell Channel 3 News that the security guard was on vacation and that two other full time security guards had been laid off in recent years. The school has business and administrative offices on the ground to 2nd floors and classrooms on the 3rd floor and above.

Successtech Academy, CNN ticker says it's a high school.

The ticker says 5 victims, Fox says 3 and CNN's website says 2. :banghead:

Lurker,
I feel the same frustration. The reporters can't seem to get the correct number of students and teachers shot.

CNN ticker now says 4 injured and the gunman is dead.

Dear God. We've got to figure out how to prevent this from happening.

Prayers for the families, co-workers and friends of the deceased and wounded.

Fox reporting 3 shot / gunman dead 14 yrs old

2 teachers shot / 1 student ( lady came said her child was shot in arm) & gunman dead

I don't get it, why can't these shootings stop?
There must be some way to prevent this from happening.

So far all reports state that only the gunman is dead, 14 years old.

This has gotten completely out of hand. What could possibly be so wrong in a 14 year olds life that would cause them to go on a shooting rampage? I just don't understand.

14 year old gunman supposedly upset over suspension.

Hmm, suspension or death sentence. Quite an option there.

3 students shot & 3 teachers according to Fox

Said gunman 14 yrs old came into school with 2 guns one in each hand drawn began shooting. Called code blue.......

3 students shot & 3 teachers according to Fox

Said gunman 14 yrs old came into school with 2 guns one in each hand drawn began shooting. Called code blue.......

I saw one report where it said the principal called a code blue and the students all started running. That may have saved a lot of lives. I'd imagine it's harder to shoot a moving target than a bunch of sitting ducks in a classroom.

I saw one report where it said the principal called a code blue and the students all started running. That may have saved a lot of lives. I'd imagine it's harder to shoot a moving target than a bunch of sitting ducks in a classroom.

Thank God......or the idiot would of shot alot more.

Just heard 3 kids shot are non life threatening injuries!

Here's a Yahoo! link:

CLEVELAND - The mayor of Cleveland says three children were taken to a hospital after a gunman opened fire Wednesday at an alternative city school.

"We have no reason to believe there's more than one suspect," Mayor Frank Jackson told reporters gathered outside the SuccessTech Academy. He also said the school had been secured, but he offered no other details.

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071010/ap_on_re_us/school_shooting

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong