1075 users online (272 members and 803 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UT - Kamberlie Binks, 3, Lake Powell, Oct 2007

The below linked story started out a couple of days ago as a search for a drowning victim. Three year old Kamberlie Binks. There has been dive teams and even a submarine searching for her. Suddenly tonight there's been an Endangered Person Advisory Issued.

3-Year-Old Girl Missing at Lake Powell
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1943080

Endangered Person Advisory Issued for 3-Year-old Girl
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1952853

She is such a cutie. I wonder if LE think that she may have been taken by someone in a boat or someone on the dock? The dogs scented her to the end of the dock so something must have happened right there. I hope she is found soon. I would hate to be in the shoes of her parents. Prayers for them and Kam.

Maybe LE would have preferred an Amber Alert but can't issue one without a suspect or vehicle description. Something smells fishy...sorry, couldn't resist!

I hope she hasn't drowned. At least there is a chance she'll be found alive.

Susan

I wish the amber alert system allowed for young children to be listed even if there is no evidence of kidnapping. A three year old is not capable of running away, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I wish the amber alert system allowed for young children to be listed even if there is no evidence of kidnapping. A three year old is not capable of running away, IMO.

I totally agree! There should be an age limit, like 10 and under, that automatically gets an Amber Alert.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    There's a new development tonight in the case of a 3-year-old girl presumed drowned in Lake Powell. Authorities have now classified little Kamberlie Binks as an endangered person.

No one saw Kamberlie Binks fall in the water Monday afternoon, but several people have told police they've seen a girl who looks a lot like her, alive.

Wendy Droubay said, "We have a 5-year-old and I heard a little girl crying about that age."

~much more at link~

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1952853

Maybe this should be moved to Missing?

I hope this turns out positively. I think Wendy Droubay is from my smallish town. If she is from the Droubay family I am thinking of, she would be credible. I don't think I've heard one bad thing uttered about that family.

Leave it to me to post my first thread in the wrong category! How do I move the thread? I'm heading to La La land soon, so I can do it in the morning. Sorry Mods!

I hope this little angel is found safe!!
    Happy New Years

What a gorgeous little angel.

I hope she is found alive.

Sami

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Leave it to me to post my first thread in the wrong category! How do I move the thread? I'm heading to La La land soon, so I can do it in the morning. Sorry Mods!
    You did fine, SuziQ. The mods can move it for you (I'm not sure that you can move it).

How old is her brother? It was originally beleived that she fell off the dock while playing with her brother. Did he see her fall off the dock or were they playing and she or he wandered off?

I found this on Craigslist. Sounds like it was posted by a family member. This is the only time I've read that drowning has been ruled out? Is that true?

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bab/444563559.html

The article above also says an Amber Alert will be issued soon. Hope that is true.
    Does anyone know how large an area this houseboat location takes up?

The Craiglist posting was put up on Oct. 9 and the endangered child alert was issued on Oct. 10. All recent articles still state that the authorities are still searching the water. I was just musing as to where the craigslist poster got their info about a drowning being ruled out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast