Chicken and Pasta Recall - Aliki Foods

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=7193048&nav=menu68_2

ALERT: Chicken and Pasta Recall

var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Oct 10, 2007 7:48 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);Oct 10, 2007 07:48 PM EDT

OLD LYME, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut firm has voluntarily recalled about 70,000 pounds of a chicken and pasta product that may be contaminated with the Listeria bacteria.
Aliki Foods says the boxed product,"Aliki Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo Made with White Chicken," was distributed to at least 11 states, including Ohio.
Routine tests by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service turned up possible contamination of Listeria. The food safety service said it has received no reports of illness associated with product.
Health officials say the bacteria can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Symptoms are high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. It can also cause miscarriages.

This is terrible.....I hope nobody gets ill over this:(

It's getting to the point your afraid to eat anything.

It's getting to the point your afraid to eat anything.

Eh, I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway.

I swear, everyday I am just waiting for something new to be recalled.

We were just talking on the other red meat recall thread that we could always eat chicken, pork, fish, etc. LOL

I do try to buy less "prepared" foods. I think the more a company handles the food there's a higher chance of contamination. I can't tell what this is exactly, but I'm thinking it's either frozen or ready-to-eat like soup?

I guess I'm glad I never heard of it, so I don't have to worry about it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back