GUILTY CA - Ayman Arif, 4, killed in road rage crash, Van Nuys, 9 Oct 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/11/national/main3356484.shtml?source=mostpop_story

Los Angeles Family Sandwiched Between 2 Parked Cars When Road Rage Car Crashes

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 11, 2007

image3356498g.jpg

(AP) A road-rage crash critically injured a mother and her two small children who were crushed between parked cars, police said Wednesday.

Two men were booked for investigation of attempted murder in connection with the crash Tuesday in the San Fernando Valley.

The drivers of a black Nissan Maxima and a red Chevrolet Camaro got into a dispute shortly after 3 p.m. Tuesday in the Van Nuys area and began racing and weaving along city streets at 50 mph to 90 mph, police said.

The cars were "cutting each other off, they were jockeying for position," Detective Bill Butos said. "They were tapping on the brakes, one of the vehicles was tapping on the brakes, trying to cause the other vehicle to ram into the vehicle."

In Reseda, the Camaro slammed on its brakes and the Nissan tried to avoid it and hit a parked car, Officer Jason Lee said.

A 31-year-old woman and her two children were smashed between parked cars. (more at link)

This is a horrible story. We have had quite a week in Southern California with road rage, illegal street racing and speeding hit and runs. 12 people have been injured or killed this past week alone.

Just before this accident, there was an illegal street race that caused a 5 car pile up. A car with a mother and her two children burst into flames. Bystanders tried, but could not get to the car because of the intensity of the flames. They all three died.

It's horrible.

I know it, browneyes. When will people learn that cars are not toys???

It seems things just get worse and worse. I don't understand why some people lose all common sense when they get behind the wheel. :mad:

This is crazy, I just do not get it I am afraid of my own shadow and these people aren't afraid of anything. Prayers to the family. What hell this is for them.

Hell is right, mom3dd. This family will, in all likelihood, lose their son, and the mother's life will never be the same, especially if they have to amputate her other leg. Maybe the baby will survive physically unscathed if they're lucky. All because two psuedo-men decided to get into an incident over something trivial.

This is crazy! I swear, I think people should take anger management classes before they drive. This poor family.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/1011/rage_ap.html

Two held in road rage crash that injured three, including child who may not survive.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A road-rage crash critically injured a mother and her two small children, who were crushed between parked cars, police said Wednesday.
Two men were booked for investigation of attempted murder in connection with the crash Tuesday in the San Fernando Valley.
The drivers of a black Nissan Maxima and a red Chevrolet Camaro got into a dispute shortly after 3 p.m. Tuesday in the Van Nuys area and began racing and weaving along city streets at 50 mph to 90 mph, police said.

The little boy passed away last night. The drivers may be charged with murder. How sad. The father was on TV last night crying his eyes out. What a shame. All this to be one car ahead.

how absolutely horrible. The poor people in the car... little children :(
So stupid!

Prayers for the baby and the mom. Please let them recover and be well, God.
And prayers for the poor little boy's soul. May he rest in peace

When a drivers license becomes a privelege and not a right. Something people have to use responsibly to keep. Some people do not have the maturity, sense or self control to have a drivers license though. The sad thing is the people responsible will probably still be able to keep their license and be out driving around :( .

They should be charged with murder. That's exactly what it is.

This is so sad. I don't know how we get through to people that they are playing with lives when they drive like this.

A woman I know lost her 18yo son this week when he was driving agressively and hit another car head on. I cannot imagine losing your child AND knowing that it was totally his fault and he had hurt someone else as well. Luckily the person he hit survived.

How do we teach this? Is raising the driving age the answer, or does that just delay it? I don't know, but it scares the hell out of my as my children approach the teen years.

Prayers for this poor family.

Feature article from February 2010:

http://www.lamag.com/longform/a-case-of-road-rage/

Syeda helped Ayman out of his seat and saw him to the curb. Holding Ikra in her arms, she went around to the back of her Civic and opened the trunk. She was grabbing for the diaper bag when... a brand-new black Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL crashed into the Daewoo parked behind her with such force that the little car lurched forward into the gap where Syeda stood and pinned her against her car.

She managed to hold Ikra above the vise that was crushing her own body until the impact threw her daughter to a patch of muddy grass, where she landed facedown with a skull fracture and a broken arm. Syeda’s left leg was severed above the knee. Her right leg was bent back at a horrible angle. Both sides of her pelvis were broken, as were her left shoulder and her arms.

After colliding with Syeda’s car, the Daewoo spun into the curb, striking Ayman. He was lifted from the ground and flew through the air until the back of his head slammed against a palm tree. Now he lay there at its base — his internal organs ruptured, his skull fractured, his brain fatally damaged, his face drenched in blood...

That March, to a nearly empty courtroom, the defendants pleaded no contest to vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. [Brian] Barnes also pleaded no contest to leaving the accident scene and Ayon to causing great bodily injury. Barnes... was given 11 years. With time credited for good behavior, he could be out after serving five and a half... [Armando] Ayon received a sentence of six years, and with good behavior he could be eligible for release by the end of 2012.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back