1012 users online (124 members and 888 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Another Teacher Accused of Sex with Student

Band Director Accused Of Having Sex With Student

http://www.10news.com/news/14321465/...610112007&ts=H

Why a high school would hire a 22-year old teacher?

What is wrong with the young female teachers these days? Maybe she didn't see anything wrong with having sex with a 17 yr old as she is only 22 yrs but the law sure doesn't look at it as alright. I doubt that anything big will happen to her..."she's to pretty to go to prison!"

She really is an attractive young lady. I wonder why she didn't have several older guys wanting to date her????? Seventeen seems pretty immature to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    What is wrong with the young female teachers these days? Maybe she didn't see anything wrong with having sex with a 17 yr old as she is only 22 yrs but the law sure doesn't look at it as alright. I doubt that anything big will happen to her..."she's to pretty to go to prison!"

She really is an attractive young lady. I wonder why she didn't have several older guys wanting to date her????? Seventeen seems pretty immature to me.
    I hate to say it, and I don't want to offend anybody, but 22 is awfully immature these days. My husband teaches kids this age, and somehow they don't seem as old as my generation was at 22. When my peers and I (well, most of us) were this age, graduating from college, moving into adulthood, we seemed more like adults. Now, even into their 20s kids seem like kids. You'd think a 22-year-old teacher would be more mature, but these days, she was probably on a similar maturity level as her students. So there is the attraction. It's weird, but I would think twice before hiring a fresh-out-of-college teacher if I was a principal.

I see no problem hiring her for elementary school, but to make her a high school band teacher is ridiculous. She's only 4-5 years older than her oldest students.