1251 users online (281 members and 970 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UK-Find our Kids Tv Channel

Published: 11 Oct 2007

A TV channel showing pictures of missing children was launched yesterday to help trace some of the 150,000 kids who go missing in the UK every year.
    Images of children will be shown on screens at GPs’ surgeries, hospitals and, in future, at shopping centres.
    Missing Kids TV has been backed by Gerry and Kate McCann, who have tried to highlight the plight of youngsters who disappear since their daughter, Madeleine, vanished in May this year.
    The TV appeal was launched at New Scotland Yard yesterday with the images of three children, including one showing how missing Ben Needham would look now.
    Catherine Meyer, founder of the children’s charity, Parents and Abducted Children Together, said: “The truth is we don’t know how many children go missing, which is an appalling state of affairs.
    “But the best estimate we have shows that every five minutes a child goes missing in the UK. It is really quite shocking,” she added.

The recent case of Madeleine McCann shows it is imperative for the police to act quickly and enrol the public’s help as soon as possible.
    “It can make the difference as to whether a child is found alive or dead.”
    Police believe that a million people a month will see the rolling images of children on screens at surgeries and hospitals being put by the electronic health media group.
    There are plans to erect more screens at shopping centres and major stores.

More here
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle328173.ece

God it is scary how many kids go missing in this world!

I think this TV channel is an excellent idea!!

It would be a good idea here in the States also! So many useless channels on TV!

I would watch, but it should be available for home viewing. I spend hours watching the channel that shows local houses for sale, so this would be a much better use of my time.