1604 users online (263 members and 1341 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lead in lipstick?? NO recall

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071011/...pstick_lead_dc

Lipsticks tested by a U.S. consumer rights group found that more than half contained lead and some popular brands including Cover Girl, L'Oreal and Christian Dior had more lead than others, the group said on Thursday

What the heck?! Will it ever end?

I'm so sick of this recall s**t! (And, by the way, I think China is tryng to kill us!!!)

Lord. I'm glad all I use is the Burt's Bees little lipsticks. Hopefully they won't end up on any list like this.

Seriously, if you wear one of those brands and wear it everyday, that's an invitation to disaster. Maybe our IQ's don't go down with menopause, maybe it's just the lipstick we're wearing!

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Lord. I'm glad all I use is the Burt's Bees little lipsticks. Hopefully they won't end up on any list like this.

Seriously, if you wear one of those brands and wear it everyday, that's an invitation to disaster. Maybe our IQ's don't go down with menopause, maybe it's just the lipstick we're wearing!
    That is mostly all I use too!

BeeBee they did not do a recall on this. Which IMO is even more alarming!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Well that's frightening. When my lips fall off, I'm suing!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I won't give it up, they can't make me.............................

Talk about The Kiss of Death..............

I use some Burt's Bee's products too... I've never trusted those big-name cosmetic companies.. too many evil chemicals & petrochemicals. God only knows what's in there... the companies don't care,, it's all about marketing and brainwashing women to think they need to put that crap on their face. I just use a little stuff on my lips and that's it. But remember back in the 80's when women were convinced (by advertising, fashion mags, etc..) that they needed gobs on foundation, concealer, finishing cream, highlighting cream, bronzing powder, face powder, blush, 3 shades of eye shadow, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip sealer, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc... what a waste of money,, and that's ALL going into your SKIN. As if we don't have ENOUGH things in the environment giving us cancer and other diseases... now we have to rub even more chemicals into our skin too??? ugghh! Thank god most women have wised up to the fact, that they don't need to buy all that crap!

I'm getting some more Burt's Bees lipstick this weekend before they decide to go up in price due to this news. After checking, I discovered that most of my other lipsticks are made in China, which I have tried to avoid and never thinking to check lipstick.

Mascara is another one with lead in it. Kohl or surma is a common lead additive in mascara. It usually comes from India.

Im glad I havent worn lipstick for years.

I love my lipstick and hope this nonsense is stopped soon.
    Why can't America make lipstick here anyway?

I only use Jane Iredale cosmetics...her lipsticks are wonderful and have no chemicals or preservatives. Just natural ingredients. I love Burt's Bees glosses too.

The only way this nonsense will stop........ is if Americans THINK to check where everything,, and I mean EVERYTHING.. is made.. and they will not.. because we don't care enough,, we only care about getting what we want when we want it.. and at the cheapest price. I am like that too, of course, to some degree... aren't we all?? But at least we can try.....!!!!!!
    I have started contacting all the companies of products I buy on a regular basis, if they don't say "made in the USA" (or,, even if they do say that).. and asking them,, where are your ingredients from?? Because if they are from China I will not buy your product anymore. Period. If EVERYONE did that.. it's simple (in theory anyway).. the companies that bought stuff from China would go out of business, and companies in the US would thrive again. OOPS... wait.. we're too late.. most of them already went out of business. Well... at least we could support the small independent ones (with integrity) that ARE still here, and help new ones start.

Bottom line is.. we are NOT helpless,, people!!! WE CAN vote with our dollars!! We have power in that regard,, so why aren't we using it more.....??? Are we just going to sit back and become/remain helpless victims of China hocking their cheap crap to us, that makes us fat, and sick,, and kills our pets,, (and how long before it kills US?)... and makes us slave away at our jobs paying for cheap crap that falls apart 3 days after you buy it??? IS that what we are working so hard for....???

Oh-- and..... DON'T GO TO WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by reb; 10-13-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reb View Post
    The only way this nonsense will stop........ is if Americans THINK to check where everything,, and I mean EVERYTHING.. is made.. and they will not.. because we don't care enough,, we only care about getting what we want when we want it.. and at the cheapest price. I am like that too, of course, to some degree... aren't we all?? But at least we can try.....!!!!!!
    I have started contacting all the companies of products I buy on a regular basis, if they don't say "made in the USA" (even then, where are the raw materials from?).. and I am asking them,, where are your ingredients from?? Because if they are from China I will not buy your product anymore. If EVERYONE did that.. it's simple (in theory anyway).. the companies that bought stuff from China would go out of business, and companies in the US would thrive again. OOPS... wait.. we're too late.. most of them already went out of business. Well... at least we could support the small independent ones (with integrity) that ARE still around, and help new ones start.

Bottom line is.. we are NOT helpless,, people!!! WE CAN vote with our dollars!! We have power in that regard,, so why aren't we using it more.....??? Are we just going to sit back and become/remain helpless victims of China hocking their cheap crap to us, that makes us fat, and sick,, and kills our pets,, (and how long before it kills US?)... and makes us slave away at our jobs paying for cheap crap that falls apart 3 days after you buy it??? IS that what we are working so hard for....???

Oh-- and..... DON'T GO TO WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!
    I love your post reb. Makes a whole lot of sense. I definitely will start to limit what I buy from China. I do check tags/labels and I see so much "Made in China."
    I notice the designer clothes are all coming from there.
    I love make-up and won't give that up. Cover Girl is made in the USA...what is up with their lipstick having more than half the amount of lead than most lipsticks?

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast