Lead in lipstick?? NO recall

I'm so sick of this recall s**t! (And, by the way, I think China is tryng to kill us!!!)

Lord. I'm glad all I use is the Burt's Bees little lipsticks. Hopefully they won't end up on any list like this.

Seriously, if you wear one of those brands and wear it everyday, that's an invitation to disaster. Maybe our IQ's don't go down with menopause, maybe it's just the lipstick we're wearing!

Lord. I'm glad all I use is the Burt's Bees little lipsticks. Hopefully they won't end up on any list like this.

Seriously, if you wear one of those brands and wear it everyday, that's an invitation to disaster. Maybe our IQ's don't go down with menopause, maybe it's just the lipstick we're wearing!

That is mostly all I use too!

BeeBee they did not do a recall on this. Which IMO is even more alarming!

Well that's frightening. When my lips fall off, I'm suing!!
happy075.gif

I won't give it up, they can't make me.............................:furious:

I use some Burt's Bee's products too... I've never trusted those big-name cosmetic companies.. too many evil chemicals & petrochemicals. God only knows what's in there... the companies don't care,, it's all about marketing and brainwashing women to think they need to put that crap on their face. I just use a little stuff on my lips and that's it. But remember back in the 80's when women were convinced (by advertising, fashion mags, etc..) that they needed gobs on foundation, concealer, finishing cream, highlighting cream, bronzing powder, face powder, blush, 3 shades of eye shadow, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip sealer, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc... what a waste of money,, and that's ALL going into your SKIN. As if we don't have ENOUGH things in the environment giving us cancer and other diseases... now we have to rub even more chemicals into our skin too??? ugghh! Thank god most women have wised up to the fact, that they don't need to buy all that crap!

I'm getting some more Burt's Bees lipstick this weekend before they decide to go up in price due to this news. After checking, I discovered that most of my other lipsticks are made in China, which I have tried to avoid and never thinking to check lipstick.

Mascara is another one with lead in it. Kohl or surma is a common lead additive in mascara. It usually comes from India.

Im glad I havent worn lipstick for years.

I love my lipstick and hope this nonsense is stopped soon.
Why can't America make lipstick here anyway?

I only use Jane Iredale cosmetics...her lipsticks are wonderful and have no chemicals or preservatives. Just natural ingredients. I love Burt's Bees glosses too.

The only way this nonsense will stop........ is if Americans THINK to check where everything,, and I mean EVERYTHING.. is made.. and they will not.. because we don't care enough,, we only care about getting what we want when we want it.. and at the cheapest price. I am like that too, of course, to some degree... aren't we all?? But at least we can try.....!!!!!!
I have started contacting all the companies of products I buy on a regular basis, if they don't say "made in the USA" (or,, even if they do say that).. and asking them,, where are your ingredients from?? Because if they are from China I will not buy your product anymore. Period. If EVERYONE did that.. it's simple (in theory anyway).. the companies that bought stuff from China would go out of business, and companies in the US would thrive again. OOPS... wait.. we're too late.. most of them already went out of business. Well... at least we could support the small independent ones (with integrity) that ARE still here, and help new ones start.

Bottom line is.. we are NOT helpless,, people!!! WE CAN vote with our dollars!! We have power in that regard,, so why aren't we using it more.....??? Are we just going to sit back and become/remain helpless victims of China hocking their cheap crap to us, that makes us fat, and sick,, and kills our pets,, (and how long before it kills US?)... and makes us slave away at our jobs paying for cheap crap that falls apart 3 days after you buy it??? IS that what we are working so hard for....???

Oh-- and..... DON'T GO TO WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!

The only way this nonsense will stop........ is if Americans THINK to check where everything,, and I mean EVERYTHING.. is made.. and they will not.. because we don't care enough,, we only care about getting what we want when we want it.. and at the cheapest price. I am like that too, of course, to some degree... aren't we all?? But at least we can try.....!!!!!!
I have started contacting all the companies of products I buy on a regular basis, if they don't say "made in the USA" (even then, where are the raw materials from?).. and I am asking them,, where are your ingredients from?? Because if they are from China I will not buy your product anymore. If EVERYONE did that.. it's simple (in theory anyway).. the companies that bought stuff from China would go out of business, and companies in the US would thrive again. OOPS... wait.. we're too late.. most of them already went out of business. Well... at least we could support the small independent ones (with integrity) that ARE still around, and help new ones start.

Bottom line is.. we are NOT helpless,, people!!! WE CAN vote with our dollars!! We have power in that regard,, so why aren't we using it more.....??? Are we just going to sit back and become/remain helpless victims of China hocking their cheap crap to us, that makes us fat, and sick,, and kills our pets,, (and how long before it kills US?)... and makes us slave away at our jobs paying for cheap crap that falls apart 3 days after you buy it??? IS that what we are working so hard for....???

Oh-- and..... DON'T GO TO WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!
I love your post reb. Makes a whole lot of sense. I definitely will start to limit what I buy from China. I do check tags/labels and I see so much "Made in China."
I notice the designer clothes are all coming from there.
I love make-up and won't give that up. Cover Girl is made in the USA...what is up with their lipstick having more than half the amount of lead than most lipsticks?

Does anyone know if MAC lipstick has it?

I guess since it's something for women, they don't worry about the lead.

My Cover Girl girl tube of lipstick says distributed in the U.S., not that it's actually made here. Some of my stuff is several years old though. I noticed that Rimmell is made in London and Prestige is made in the U.S.A.

I happen to be one of those women who enjoys wearing makeup! Not Tammy Faye style, but I do prefer to look my best. I switched to Bare Essentials well over two years ago and love it! Looks great, has no lead, and wears well.

I wonder if people from China are just full of lead by now?! They perhaps need to test them as well as the products!

Does anyone know if MAC lipstick has it?

I guess since it's something for women, they don't worry about the lead.

I just emailed MAC from their website. When I get a response I'll post it.

I love my MAC. If it's made in China, I might just have to give it up.

I'm so sick of supporting all of this overseas manufacturing. America used to be a great manufacturing country, now we make next to nothing. This is where all of our good deeds have not gone unpunished.

I hope people will vote with their dollars and let companies know that Made in America products WILL do well. It could cause a very important turn of the tide.

If it was made in America, that $6 tube of Cover Girl Lipstick would probably cost $10 and STILL have to compete with cosmetics manufactured in China. For all those companies, it's about the bottom line. And it's cheaper to get stuff made in China even with the tariffs and other expenses to get it on the shelves. What used to be American brands are not American made anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back