1392 users online (271 members and 1121 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
    Quote Originally Posted by rpipergirl View Post
    A 14 karat gold ring with a gray linde star stone that had the initials JPF engraved on the inside.
    Could this be a school ring? Also if the middle letter was larger than the others then it is his last name. Just food for thought.
    It's possible.... however usually the high school and or the year are engraved on the sides of it. I had a ring almost identical to this back then but mine was a blue sapphire.

ok i do not live in america or canada.So could someone please help me with this.Where is mendocino county,california in relation to where this couple was found.much appreciated!

Mendocino County, California, on the west coast of the US, is 3,000 miles away from South Carolina, on the east coast of the US.

there is two unsolved missing person's cases on the doe net work (page 7).where a 13 and 14 year old boy and girl,found dead on the side of a main road in 1979 believed to have died in 78.Police thought they were related too but after dna tests were done,they were found not to be related.Very similar cases and it is probable to travel 3,000 miles in 2years.Anyone else find it creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by cold case lady View Post
    there is two unsolved missing person's cases on the doe net work (page 7).where a 13 and 14 year old boy and girl,found dead on the side of a main road in 1979 believed to have died in 78.Police thought they were related too but after dna tests were done,they were found not to be related.Very similar cases and it is probable to travel 3,000 miles in 2years.Anyone else find it creepy!
    People are found dead on the side of the road all of the time I highly doubt the cases are related in any way.

no.not the cases related.the 2 unidentified( male and female) victims!

Someone asked about the middle initial being bigger and the ME or detective (forget which) confirmed that all 3 initials were the same size.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Hi Everyone:

I received a call from Verna and I wanted to share the information we discussed.

Are you all sitting down?

Apparently the DNA samples that were taken in June were set aside in the state crime lab and FORGOTTEN ABOUT for four months!

Of course Verna was fit to be tied and raised hades about this... so now the samples are in the hands of the DNA techs in Texas.

I don't want to slam LE but it's no wonder this case has been unsolved for over 30 years!?!

About the psychic with the TV show: she has been in contact with Verna and unfortunately cannot help her because she must have one of the objects found on the victims to hold; either clothing or the jewelry. Because LE regards this as an open case, the objects cannot be sent to this person, which is a real bummer.

Verna will let me know what happens with the DNA but in the mean time she says to tell you all not to forget about her or this couple and to keep the leads coming!

Quote Originally Posted by rmf View Post
    Hi Everyone:

I received a call from Verna and I wanted to share the information we discussed.

Are you all sitting down?

Apparently the DNA samples that were taken in June were set aside in the state crime lab and FORGOTTEN ABOUT for four months!

Of course Verna was fit to be tied and raised hades about this... so now the samples are in the hands of the DNA techs in Texas.

I don't want to slam LE but it's no wonder this case has been unsolved for over 30 years!?!

About the psychic with the TV show: she has been in contact with Verna and unfortunately cannot help her because she must have one of the objects found on the victims to hold; either clothing or the jewelry. Because LE regards this as an open case, the objects cannot be sent to this person, which is a real bummer.

Verna will let me know what happens with the DNA but in the mean time she says to tell you all not to forget about her or this couple and to keep the leads coming!
    This doesn't surprise me at all Things like that happen every day. Hopefully we will finally know soon about the DNA. I know everybody has their opinion about psychics but I personally do not have much faith in them. Thanks for the news rmf

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Larson View Post
    This doesn't surprise me at all Things like that happen every day. Hopefully we will finally know soon about the DNA. I know everybody has their opinion about psychics but I personally do not have much faith in them. Thanks for the news rmf

I hear ya Teresa on the psychic thing. I think that Verna is disappointed because getting on this show would mean national exposure for this case, which she would really like right now.

It doesn't surprise me either that the DNA was ignored for 4 months. I'm glad Verna raised cain with them. It's one thing if DNA from a cold case is placed on the back burner for a bit in order to deal with more recent cases where results are needed quickly, but it's another thing entirely when it's just tossed aside and forgotten like it doesn't even matter. Good for her!
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Thanks for the update!!!

[QUOTE=Richard;1732776]I have not done a lot of detailed study of this particular case. I find it a strange and disturbing one, and wish I knew more about it. What is NOT stated is what raises questions in my mind.
    What kind of pistol was used? How did police know that it was stolen? How did their suspect get off so easily? Were they killed where found, or killed elsewhere and transported to the site?

They were killed where they were found.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27