809 users online (89 members and 720 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    MO is unusual (IMO) in particular the location of the gun shot wounds. Back and/or chest is to be expected but the throat? A head shot would be more likely than the throat. Could perhaps be explained by the killer/s being close to them (friends/family) and not wanting to damage their faces.

I guess what I meant was more along the lines of armed robbery of hitchhikers. You have to figure that most hitchhikers carry some amount of cash...I am wondering if the gunshot wounds were panic rather than accuracy but I do not know a lot about that subject...

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Someone brought up in an Unidentified thread that there is new technology that takes oxygen from someone's teeth and narrows down the places where they lived. I know that Jocks teeth are gone but perhaps hers?
    It sounds like it can also be done on bones as well as teeth. Definitely a fascinating thing - I wonder if they can do this on a lot of existing cold cases!

Just a thought Jocke is a Swedish name. Pronounced Yo-kay

Quote Originally Posted by phenolred View Post
    So on my quest to identify Jock Doe, I found a lady looking for her Brother named Jock he was born in Canada, and she had not seen him since 1968

I was freaking out I really thought we might have something. But when I contacted her she gave me a little more info on her brother Jock. She had indicated he had a boat in the Meditterainian and that the police had boarded the boat because of suspected drug running I just about fell off my chair !!!!! Drug running, Jock, Canada, oh and he went to school in Europe and had a ring with a family crest. But she looked at our Jock and she said it was NOT her brother.
    So, I have taken on trying to help her find her brother Jock too. He was never reported as a missing person, because he is an adult and she doesnt know if he is alive or dead. Last sighting of him was 1978. So I really feel like our Jock and Jane are in the same boat, they were never reported missing and their families still wonder why they have never came back or called etc, but their families have never filed a missing persons report because they think these people left on their own.

Oh yeah and BTW her brother was born in BC Canada and his name was John nickname Jock, and I beleive she said they were Scottish decent so, Our Jock could very well Be a JOHN
    I have always thought that at least Jock was never listed as a missing person, mostly because of the statement of the guy he supposedly played pool with at the KOA Campground, about having a big fight with his father in Canada who was angry because Jock didn't follow in his father's footsteps and choose a career in medicine. If that was true, father and son no doubt parted on very angry terms and the father and rest of the family just assumed he took off and chose to never return. That is the main reason I believe Jock might never have been listed as a missing person. Anger can run pretty deep and it could be that Jock's father was so stubborn he refused to be the one to back down and admit he was wrong. I would seriously think though, that someone else in the family after a certain amount of time passed, would wonder that maybe something HAD happened to him and that he didn't just leave and cut off all contact with them. As for Jane Doe, I do think her family is searching for her and maybe she might have been listed as missing. I don't know why I think that, it's just a gut feeling.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

I still think it's possible they are brother and sister. When are DNA results suppose to be back??

Hi Everyone:

Sorry for my absence here lately... have had a medical crisis at home that is finally resolving so things are getting back to normal.

Verna called me yesterday and there are no new updates. Missing Peices was supposed to do a show but Todd Matthews got called away on a trip and it had to be postponed.

I hope to be spending more time here now that things are getting back to normal again.

Happy holidays to you all!

Did anyone manage to get a better description or photo of the third ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Just a thought Jocke is a Swedish name. Pronounced Yo-kay
    True, but the 2nd posting for this thread states a camper remembers his name being "Jock" as in that was the pronunciation upon meeting. My ex used to work with a guy named "Jacques" and his family was originally from Quebec. He was raised in the US and everyone just called him "Jock" with the hard J sound versus the softer sh plus z sound for Jacques. I never knew he was really a "Jacques" until he started having children and gave them all very French names!
    Why are there so many losers out there??

Hi all,

Update on the DNA:

It is still not back yet. In fact, the lab in Texas tells Verna as of last week, that they have not even STARTED working on it yet.

It keeps getting pushed to the back of the line for more high-priority cases.

Verna is frustrated.

(Can't say I blame her, either)

Closing

I am closing this thread and starting a new one..you can find it here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58458

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30