958 users online (190 members and 768 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Edith Mecalla, 99, raped & murdered, Poinciana, 9 Oct 2007

This woman lives a long life only to be humiliated before she is murdered....

http://www.local6.com/news/14324911/detail.html

Detectives said they believe Edith Mecalla, who was a mother of 11 and a grandmother of 50, was targeted by Moise O. Opont, 17, at her home.

Opont raped and murdered her Sunday before the victim's granddaughter spotted him and he ran out the home's back door, investigators said.

What a horrible way to die. He should suffer the same and quickly.

And for his father to say:
    The boy's father, Rev. Richard Opont, spoke with Local 6 about the incident.

"My defense is in God's hands," Opont said. "Every day, I teach my family the same thing." What? You teach your family what??? There IS no defense for this!!!

Taximom I agree.... let the same thing happen to this SOB.

As for his father...well at least he isn't screaming to all about his son's innocence.

What a terrible thing to happen to someone as honored as this woman was. To live to 99 and responsibly raise such a large family, and then to suffer so much. I hope they hang the b@$t@*d.

I just caught this thread now. How DISGUSTING!!! Why would a 17 year old even think of this with a 99 year old??

My Grandmother lived to be 103 1/2 (Bless Her) and there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that would even entice a 17 year old or even a 70 year old to do what that SICKO did!!

And his father is a Minister?????

Kill him.

they will blame it off on drugs....watch and see

Quote Originally Posted by wildTrose View Post
    they will blame it off on drugs....watch and see
    That or an oppressive upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    I just caught this thread now. How DISGUSTING!!! Why would a 17 year old even think of this with a 99 year old??

My Grandmother lived to be 103 1/2 (Bless Her) and there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that would even entice a 17 year old or even a 70 year old to do what that SICKO did!!

Rape is often about control and power as opposed to sexual attraction . I think he targeted her because he knew he could control her.

My prayers for these families.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I'm sorry southitymom, but that doesn't justify the action on a 99 year old!!!!!!!

He should be hung and flogged to death. I still can't get over the fact that his Father is a Minister!!! What does that say about his upbringing???

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post

Unfortunately the kind of person who would rape and kill a 99 year old woman, is the same kind of monster would would rape and kill a 9 year old girl. Vile, sick, satan's spawn.

Excuse me Rev Opont there is not defense or excuse for this. It is just plain sick. Yes children dissapoint good parents everyday but, this in my opinion is one of those things that he should pay the consequences for everyday of his life. Alone in my opinion without the love and support of his family I think it is time to rid yourselves of this loser of a son (I use the term son loosely) Death actually would be too good for him!!!! He is a worthless coward though so, maybe he will actually request the death penalty.

reb

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!! But no where does it say what his nationality is on here.

So you are off base. We are simply responding to facts.

17 year old rapes 99 year old.

I think CaliKid meant oppressive, as in too strict. Because his father is a Reverend.

Thanks T-Rex, I should have responded as such instead of the way I did.

Reb: Take notice of what T-Rex says and maybe you won't need to take offense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast