WOW! Go jurors!

Wow! So they used it as evidence even though it wasn't presented as such during the trial.

Wow! So they used it as evidence even though it wasn't presented as such during the trial.

I was thinking the same thing! ..

I am not sure how the item already being into evidence will come into play here.

Its pretty sad that the police and the DA both missed this!

My guess is that the defense may be able to have the information thrown out on appeal, due to a possible disclosure issue. If the prosecution "had" the evidence but didn't disclose it to the defense, it's not admissable. I suppose the defense could argue that the prosecution "knew" about it ior should have known about it.

Any lawyer posters on the board think that argument would work with an appeals judge?

I was thinking the same thing! ..

I am not sure how the item already being into evidence will come into play here.

Its pretty sad that the police and the DA both missed this!
OMGosh that is what I was thinking. I would hate to live in a city where the DA and the police were that inept.

I think if the entire notebook was submitted into evidence, and the defense was allowed to examine it...

OH WELL!!

It sucks to be them.

Everyone had their turn at it, and all of the parties involved should be required to look into the camera and say,

"NO, I am not smarter than a juror."

It will kill the lawyers, but I am okay with that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back