808 users online (143 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered

IN - Scott Javins, 20, Terre Haute, 24 May 2002

Javins went missing May 24, 2002, and has not been heard from or seen since. For the past five and a half years, Javinsí family members have sought local and national media attention to help find Scott, who was 20 years old and an Indiana State University college student when he and his car disappeared.
    http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_story_285150316.html
    http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=7207699

if this is the wrong place I am sorry
    Prom 2008

Are accidents considered "crime scenes"? Is this a place where he could have just driven off the road? Is there a serial car sinker in town? Why are there so many cars/van in that part of the river?!

I guess I'm wondering if the tip led them to believe this was murder. Wow, very interesting. Maybe this should be moved to "crimes" since it's not solved yet, technically.

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    Well, I think they are considering it a homicide until they do the fornsics Terre Haute is fairly large college town but I will keep an eye out
    Prom 2008

http://www.scottjavinsismissing.org/scottdetails.htm
    I will have to look further and see if there more just to make sure I thought I seen some somewhere
    Prom 2008

Why is this thread in the Located section? Scott is still missing.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/javins_scott.html

I truly hate to say this, Please dont take offense! I have thought from day one he may have been intoxicated and was in a wreck. Now seeing how his car is in the lake makes me think this more. Of course I have only really heard what is on local news and read a little. Al it seems you know a lot about this can you maybe do a quick summary of what has been happening since finding the car.

ETA If my therory work he would be found in his car.....sorry

actually I don't know that much as I just really started to expand my missing person's info in Indiana . I can search the links in the paper there. I am also trying to figure out which direction he would have had to go to get home because the river was about a mile or so west from where he was last seen and heard from.
    from what I could see of the car though it didn't really appear to have that much front end damage but I could be wrong. I'll be back with links!

apparently his home was on the North side and only 15 minutes from the friends which appears East of the park on the other side of town. I also wonder if the reports of him on campus were ever truly confirmed did they have any video that ever showed him on campus? Eye witness accounts aren't always reliable especially if you are busy with classes and passing periods and trying to be late I would think
    Last edited by Al_B; 10-13-2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: rereading and such
    Prom 2008

How long do you think before they know if his body is in the car?

Can't imagine it would take very long...

Then again it has been 5 years... so maybe awhile until they can determine that it is actually him - would they classify it as a homicide before they even know a body is in the car???
    Last edited by MaxMoMom; 10-13-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: to add more thoughts...

well they did thats just it. Might be due to lack of damage to the car and they think a boat ramp was used. drunk people just wreck they don't use a boat ramp and he did tell his mom he was on his way home. As far as intoxication we will never know how drunk he was or even if he was. The park seems to be quite a distance from the listed streets and the boat ramps would be at the back of the park. once you cross the river it seems you enter illinois.
    Prom 2008

So sorry for his parents
    Prom 2008

Al Are you good at maps? maybe you could put his house, the party, and the lake on one so we could see how close or far all the places are from each other.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast