701 users online (119 members and 582 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Thanks for posting that Al. That was a very nice article. Emily's "reflection" at the end was very touching.

I hope they have answers soon.

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    Thanks to all for continued support

We would like to thank the community for all of your support for the last 5-1/2 years. Without your support and words of encouragement it would have been a lot more difficult for us to have continued.

We are very grateful for the assistance of WTHI-TV, WTWO, and the Tribune-Star for assisting us in keeping Scott’s story alive. We would also like to thank all the churches throughout the community for keeping our family and Scott on their prayer lists.

Since the recovery of Scott and his car, the last five weeks of waiting for the pathologist reports has been a great burden on ourselves, family and close friends. Due to the untimely delay of these reports coming back, we have decided that it is in our best interest that the annual Christmas Tree Lighting and Candlelight Vigil for Victims of Crime and our Military, which was to be held on Dec. 8, is canceled.

We will look forward to continuing the Vigil in 2008.

We will be holding a memorial services for Scott when he is returned to us at Roselawn Memorial Chapel at a date that which is yet to be determined.

Thank you for you continued support.

— Merv and Doreena Javins

Scott’s parents

Terre Haute
    http://www.tribstar.com/archivesearc...328155845.html
    Prom 2008

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    sorry I've been away here is the latest news
    Coroner declares cause of Scott Javins’ death an accident
    Javins’ disappearance perplexed Valley for more than 5 years
    By Brian M. Boyce
    The Tribune-Star

TERRE HAUTE — After 5 ½ years of investigation, hundreds of erroneous tips and leads and, most recently, forensic examination, Vigo County officials believe they have eliminated all possible causes of death but one in the case of Scott Javins: accidental drowning.

“Why he chose Fairbanks Park is still a great mystery to us,” said Vigo County Coroner Dr. Roland Kohr at a media conference Monday. “For whatever reason he made a detour to the park.”

And it was at the boat ramp’s decline into the Wabash River where officials have concluded that an intoxicated Javins turned off his car and parked it in fifth gear for undetermined reasons.
    http://www.tribstar.com/local/local_...351144255.html
    Prom 2008

No one will ever know why this young man decided to go and park on that ramp that carried him to his death. He was found laying down in the front seat so maybe he just decided to park and sleep for awhile. He must have taken a wrong turn when he left the party and maybe he realized that he wasn't driving to well and decided to stop. I only wish he had let someone drive him home. He seemed to be such a nice kid and had so many good friends. My heart goes out to his family and friends. I get the feeling that his dad may not believe that he drowned.

Blink34 requested I post this link here for your consideration:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml?v=1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4