1260 users online (289 members and 971 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Mother, Daughter Appear To Have Been Burned, Dumped/Land O' Lakes

LAND O' LAKES -- A woman with burns on roughly 40 percent of her body was flown to a Tampa Bay area hospital this afternoon after she was found walking down a street in the Foxwood neighborhood, the Pasco County Sheriff's Office said.
    The woman's adult daughter, who is about 20, also was flown to a hospital with severe burns on her hands, sheriff's spokesman Doug Tobin said. The victims' names were not released.
    "The mother said she was put in a hot shower, but they aren't very forthcoming with information," he said. "We don't believe [the injuries] were self-inflicted. We believe somebody did something to them.
    "At this point, we've heard a lot of different scenarios, but we don't have a scene of the crime. Where this happened, we don't know. They might have been dropped off in the area."

http://www.tbo.com/pasco-county/wome...-dumped-176023
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 10-01-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: fixed link

Are they both mentally impaired or something, that neither one of them is speaking up? If they are normal adults and don't want to tell what the heck is going on, the cops might as well go home and save us all some money. If they don't want help, why force it on them?

Quote Originally Posted by sls1224 View Post
    Are they both mentally impaired or something, that neither one of them is speaking up? If they are normal adults and don't want to tell what the heck is going on, the cops might as well go home and save us all some money. If they don't want help, why force it on them?

I have to agree..

this is a strange story...
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

This is horrible.

BeyondBelief, I have to say you have one of the most appropriate nicknames here. I'm always saying that to myself: That's beyond belief....

"Tobin said the mother, in her 40s, has a history of drug use. She was burned on the front of her body. He said both women are from Pasco and are often in the area where they were found."

Was there anything that showed that these two women may be suffering from a mental definciency of some kind? Could be that they are just traumatized.

Why pursue it if they are not willing to assist in the investigation? To get the scum who did this off the streets!!!!

I, for one, hope that LE keeps the investigation going....for all our sakes.
    You shall not accept any information,
    unless you verify it for yourself.
    I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

Holy Quran [17:36]

Since there are drugs mentioned that may account for why they aren't so forthcoming with info on what happened to them. One instance that comes to mind are the domestic violence laws that were changed where they don't need victim testimony because often the victims are afraid.

Imo if this was done to them then LE needs to find out by who for the greater good of all of society. Could be someone else's child, daughter, etc. being tortured for kicks down the road.

Could a meth lab have exploded?

Quote Originally Posted by dottierainbow View Post
    I actually thought about that too.
    I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

Yes, meth lab was my first thought, too. Good reason not to talk, but LE would have found evidence of a meth lab explosion thru the fire department and connected the two. Could be they were involved with a gangbanger and they can't snitch because of retalliation on other members of their family.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

This looks like a meth lab gone wrong and that is why they aren't speaking about this with police...addicts don't roll over on their supplier.
    Usually meth lab fires are not called into the fire dept. They put them out themselves or with friends and start cooking again.

<<"Tobin said the mother, in her 40s, has a history of drug use. She was burned on the front of her body. He said both women are from Pasco and are often in the area where they were found."

Was there anything that showed that these two women may be suffering from a mental definciency of some kind?>>

uhh.. yeah.. lavonne, you just answered your own question! See first sentence!!

Quote Originally Posted by dottierainbow View Post
    yes this was my guess as well.
    ~~Childhood Cancer is a Crime~~

Quote Originally Posted by reb View Post
    <<"Tobin said the mother, in her 40s, has a history of drug use. She was burned on the front of her body. He said both women are from Pasco and are often in the area where they were found."

Was there anything that showed that these two women may be suffering from a mental definciency of some kind?>>

uhh.. yeah.. lavonne, you just answered your own question! See first sentence!!
    LOL....Smarty!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    Usually meth lab fires are not called into the fire dept. They put them out themselves or with friends and start cooking again.
    They are not easily contained. Our Fire Department deals with this on a regular basis even with mobile labs. If it was bad enough to burn two people...this was not a small fire, imo.

I was on a jury once in parental rights case. The father was cooking and the mother and child were in the home when the fire happened. She called a friend to come get the child BEFORE someone else called in the FD! The father was in a burn center for months. The jury was given quite a lesson on meth labs, explosions, and resulting fires, etc. (Oh, just a note: The parents lost all rights and the baby was adopted by a kind, loving relative.)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast