Identified! TX - Lake Arlington, White/Hisp Female, Aug 2007 - Brittany Rapoza

TCMom

Reaction score

The death of a woman whose body was found in Lake Arlington over the weekend has been ruled a homicide, Arlington police said Thursday.

0824necklace.jpg

Close-up of woman's necklace

The Tarrant County medical examiner’s office has conducted an autopsy and found signs of trauma, police said. Detectives have declined to release more details about the type of wounds found on the woman’s body.

Police said the person is believed to be anywhere from 16 to 21 years old. She was about 5 feet 2 inches tall and had medium-length brown hair. She was wearing gray sweatpants and yellow underwear with a picture of a chicken that read “Chicks Rule.” She was also wearing a black string necklace with a crucifix.

According to the medical examiner’s office, the woman had an overbite with two protruding upper front teeth, police said.
A fisherman found the badly decomposed body about 8:30 a.m. Sunday near debris by the lake, police said.

Homicide Sgt. Kraig Fryer said police were trying to identify the woman. "We need to know who she is so we can learn what happened to her and how she died," he said. "Somewhere out there, there are family members and friends looking for this young woman. Now that we know she was murdered, we need to find the person responsible for this crime."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/082407dnmetarlington.622cc2ad.html

The star-telegram article said Anglo or hispanic. No idea how long she's been in the water.

The article froggier posted says possibly Anglo or Hispanic

The girl I posted actually lives in Addison, IL near Chicago and ran away while visiting relatives in Missouri City, near Houston.

Lake Arlington is very far away from Missouri City, TX. **sigh**

I hope someone shows LE that poster Taxi....could be their girl!!

You think? Here's more pics from a facebook site set up by family to help find her:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4536923045 (not sure if you have to be a member of facebook to see that)

The lake is almost 4 hrs away, most of it by highway though. What do you guys think? I can call in the morning, but this would be the first time I did this. What would I say?! I'd rather email someone with all the links etc....

:confused:

You think? Here's more pics from a facebook site set up by family to help find her:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4536923045 (not sure if you have to be a member of facebook to see that)

The lake is almost 4 hrs away, most of it by highway though. What do you guys think? I can call in the morning, but this would be the first time I did this. What would I say?! I'd rather email someone with all the links etc....

:confused:

Be great if you could, maybe move the case along if possible!!

I was just finishing the email to the detective when I located another myspace about her, and one of the comments was from 8/22 saying "you probably already know, but they found her"

I don't know any more than that though.

Oh well. Keep looking!

Oh my gosh. I'm so tired I hit "SEND" instead of "CANCEL" so that email is on its way. ARGH.

Oh my gosh. I'm so tired I hit "SEND" instead of "CANCEL" so that email is on its way. ARGH.

I must be tired too because I had to read it 5 times and actually said aloud 'what' a few times, lol. Shh, don't tell anyone I talk to myself, lol.

At least I haven't started answering myself.

Hmmm, that could be. Seems like a smile where she doesn't want to show her teeth. Why can't they be more descriptive on these posters?!

Same name in myspace but different location. http://www.myspace.com/boog031392 (probably not her if that's the myspace Brit's birthdate (031392) as the poster shows 8/31 as her birthdate) Nothing on Facebook.

I'm starting to think that I'm going to take pictures on every birthday of my children smiling, frowning, no expression, and from the side.

It's late and I'm starting to see double while talking to myself!! (lol froggier ) Good night!

The article said that they've checked Missing Persons Reports from the surrounding counties. That would be Tarrant, Dallas, Johnson, Ellis, Denton, Collin, Wise. I think they've probably already looked at the Brittanee girl (from Denton), but it wouldnt' hurt to submit it.

Missouri City is basically down by Houston. I don't think it would be that far fetched for her to make it to Dallas. Lots of people are going from Dallas to Houston and back every day. It's a major truck route.

I wonder if that girl has friends in Dallas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back