IL-GOOD NEWS! Sun-Times begins special "Missing in Chicago" feature

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
The Chicago Sun-Times has put a spotlight on missing persons -- capturing their stories, seeing what the statistics show and analyzing policing resources.
All this will be laid out in print in coming days in a series titled "Missing in Chicago," the fruit of a three-month investigation.
Starting today, and each day this week, the Sun-Times highlights a different missing persons case from the Chicago region.
Next Sunday, a series of stories will begin, followed by snapshots of other missing persons.

More: http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/602284,CST-NWS-missing14.article

:clap: Good for them! I hope more cities follow in their footsteps!

I wish all newspapers would do this. It wouldn't take much to have one section in the weekend paper to highlight a different person each week. It would truly be a way to get faces of the missing out to more people.

Is the Chicago Sun-Times owned by a larger entity? If this is successful, hopefully they replicate it in other cities!

Just saw that the Denver Post has something going, too.

A new blog by The Denver Post will highlight cold cases from throughout Colorado.

The site includes the case of a Girl Scout counselor who was sexually assaulted and strangled in her tent in the Pike National Forest in 1963; a government worker with clearance to review top-secret files who was poisoned to death in 1972; a Denver girl who never returned from a road trip with teenage friends in 1990; and many others.
The profiles will be updated when investigators identify suspects or make arrests, or when prosecutors obtain convictions.

blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases

:clap:

This is good and I'm sure this will available online, right?

They will be profiling Jesse Ross since his case is one of the most mysterious disappearances without a trace.

One of the 10 largest daily newspapers in the United States, the Chicago Sun-Times has won eight Pulitzer Prizes and is home to such renowned journalists as political commentator Robert Novak, film critic Roger Ebert and sports writer Rick Telander.
http://www.suntimes.com/aboutus/index.html

This is such a great idea...I hope it catches on in other areas! The Sun-Times is a large paper so I'm sure other papers will take notice :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back