Questions raised about searches for missing people.

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
The case of Tanya Rider, the Maple Valley woman found in her crashed car seven days after she vanished, raised questions about searches for missing people.
Since she was found Sept. 27, concerns have surfaced about how quickly cell phone records can be obtained, how her husband’s initial 911 calls were handled and why she wasn’t found sooner.
The News Tribune asked Tacoma police and Pierce County sheriff’s officials how their departments handle missing persons cases.

More: http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/178805.html

Great!!! They do need to step up on those things initially! If she had actually been kidnapped instead of in a car accident...either way her chances would be increased for survival.

I don't see why an active search for a missing person can't be done simultaneously with checking out the husband or bf. Yes, look whether there is something in a relationship that might be suspicious, but don't stop searching for a missing person as if they've been kidnapped by a stranger or suffered an accident.

PFM,
thanks for the article. Glad questions are being asked. 7 days was a long time for this woman to lay in her car. ;(

They gave her hubby a polygraph. Instead of graphing the area and searching. Let's think, if it was me, I think all my friends and family would be searching. Pings are the first thing they should do. Or GPS location if available. This was pure ignorance by the cops/sheriff. Probably figured another murder in Washington. Yes, talk to the hubby, but you also have to do some other things to. They have more than one deputy and detective.
She could have died. She was blessed to live.

I also think that if there is no bank account movement or such. Then let's do the math. Where was she last seen? Her mood? Talk to her close friends. Computers? Texting? It's all available.

I know my WS friends would look at least. Or most of ya. lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back