1075 users online (179 members and 896 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

N.Y Parents Face Fine For Daughter's Chalk Drawings

A freaking flower? You have got to be kidding me!

NEW YORK Chalk it up to the city's crackdown on graffiti.
    A 6-year-old child's chalk sketches on her family's stoop brought her bemused parents a graffiti-removal notice that threatened a $300 fine, the family and Sanitation Department officials said.
    "My mom got a ticket for graffiti, and it wasn't even graffiti," first-grader Natalie Shea said. "It was art, very nice art."
    But a neighbor apparently didn't see it that way and called the city's 311 complaint line about the blue flower drawn earlier this month on the stoop of Natalie's home in Park Slope, a Brooklyn neighborhood known for being family-friendly.
    The notice that arrived Oct. 5 giving the family 45 days to clean up the "graffiti" was a form letter sent in response to all such complaints, city Sanitation Department spokeswoman Kathy Dawkins said.
    "If people call and complain, we have to follow it up," she said, but noted that the agency "does not consider a child's chalk drawing to be graffiti."
    more at link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301559,00.html

Oh for Pity's sake! Sounds to me more like a cr@ppy neighbor making trouble. Please!

WOW, it was a flower people, get over it. Glad I dont live in NY! Seems the neighborhood needs some lessons in manners

Wow, glad to have her off the streets.

Oh okay I know there are wayyyyyyy worse things people out there are doing and they are worried about chalk art???? How stupid.

Yankees.

My kids and the neighbor's kids all traced their outlines in chalk on our driveway this weekend-it looks like a big crime scene! That probably would have escaped notice in NY.....

good grief...

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Doesn't Target, as well as other stores, carry this type of chalk, made especially for sidewalk drawing? Maybe Target should be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor (LOL)?

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    A freaking flower? You have got to be kidding me!

NEW YORK Chalk it up to the city's crackdown on graffiti.
    A 6-year-old child's chalk sketches on her family's stoop brought her bemused parents a graffiti-removal notice that threatened a $300 fine, the family and Sanitation Department officials said.
    "My mom got a ticket for graffiti, and it wasn't even graffiti," first-grader Natalie Shea said. "It was art, very nice art."
    But a neighbor apparently didn't see it that way and called the city's 311 complaint line about the blue flower drawn earlier this month on the stoop of Natalie's home in Park Slope, a Brooklyn neighborhood known for being family-friendly.
    The notice that arrived Oct. 5 giving the family 45 days to clean up the "graffiti" was a form letter sent in response to all such complaints, city Sanitation Department spokeswoman Kathy Dawkins said.
    "If people call and complain, we have to follow it up," she said, but noted that the agency "does not consider a child's chalk drawing to be graffiti."
    more at link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301559,00.html

Graffiti can be a big problem and the graffiti laws should be enforced.
    It's just too bad that this neighbor was such a moron!

Wow I been to New York and let me tell ya...sidewalk chalk art is and should be the LEAST concern of all the crap I seen in that city.

Wow, better slam that kid in juvie before it's too late.

I'm glad I don't have any neighbors like that one.

What a load of crap.

Yeah, she's headed for delinquency, that's for sure. Arrest her quickly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast