GUILTY IL - Michael Cranston, 60, killed in hit & run, Matteson, 12 Oct 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/602945,CST-NWS-feet14.article

Severed feet found on street in Matteson [IL]

October 14, 2007
BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter/drozek@suntimes.com
Two women walking found a pair of severed human feet Friday night on the street at a south suburban intersection, Cook County authorities said Saturday.
The socks-clad feet -- apparently from a white male -- were discovered about 9:30 p.m. at Keystone Avenue and Vollmer Road in Matteson, the Cook County medical examiner's office said. The Sheriff's Department is investigating.

OMG! Like I have said before on the other foot that was found...at least they know his shoe size and can narrow the field of missing people.

But who in the world goes around chopping off people's feet ?!?! And WHY?!

Maybe someone chopped up the body and some of the 'parts' fell out of the bag.:eek:

It seems kind of ridiculous for someone to cut the feet (from the knees down) off the body and ditch them somewhere else. Instead of cutting up the whole body.. Either a lazy murderer or maybe the feet where ditched where they were so that someone would look for the body. Sounds like whoever did this wanted the body to be found. It's not as if they did it so it couldn't be identified..

some kind of impact though ,I have heard of this being done but it usually involves another car.

You have to know that something led to the hit and run. Drunk driving, speeding, recklessness. Why else would they try to hide what they did?

A brother and sister were charged in connection with the death of a developmentally disabled man who was run down by a car in the south suburbs over the weekend, and police were looking for the driver.

Shawanda Smith, 28, of Harvey, was charged with one count of obstruction of justice and arson. Her brother, Anthony Smith Jr. was charged with one count of obstruction of justice in the death of Michael Cranston.

Cook County sheriff's police are looking for Marcus Hampton, 26, of Matteson, who is believed to be the driver of the 1998 Oldsmobile Alero that struck and killed Cranston. Hampton is on parole for armed robbery and possession of a stolen motor vehicle.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/severed.man.car.2.375897.html

Thank God there are stupid criminals and Thank God there are LE who can put two and two together. Otherwise this might be a crime that was hidden by asinine people with no regard for life.

I feel so badly for this man who was killed.This has struck me as particularly sad.

Suspected driver arrested.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-feet_weboct18,0,884282.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

A convicted armed robber on parole was arrested late Wednesday in a hit-and-run accident that killed a 60-year-old pedestrian and left the victim's severed feet lying by the roadside.

Sheriff's officials announced Wednesday afternoon that they were aggressively searching for Marcus Hampton, 26, of Matteson in the accident that killed Michael Cranston of Rich Township.

But hours later, Hampton agreed to turn himself in and surrendered about 7 p.m. at New Mt. Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church on the West Side.

The accident Friday on Vollmer Road near Matteson catapulted Cranston's body through the windshield of the car and into the passenger seat, Dart said Wednesday.

Hampton then drove 12 miles with Cranston in the Oldsmobile Alero before dumping his body in Alsip, Dart said, adding it was unclear how long Cranston lived after the impact.

"This was a horrific accident," he said. "Mr. Cranston's life was taken from him. The medical examiner's report shows that his aorta had been torn. How long he was alive. . . . I really don't have any information on that."

more at link......bold type is mine, not the reports.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They should rip the legs off these three lowlifes! The girl reported the car stolen after the accident and disposal of the body.

I am seriously disgusted!

Sami

Good Lord... At least the suspect has turned himself in, and is not a sociopath like most of the cases we hear about. My prayers for the family of the victim..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back