GUILTY CA - Dr. Mark Anderson for groping dental patients, Woodland, 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301710,00.html
Monday, October 15, 2007
service_ap_36.gif

WOODLAND, Calif. — A dentist accused of fondling the breasts of 27 female patients is trying to keep his dental license by arguing that chest massages are an appropriate procedure in certain cases. Mark Anderson's lawyer says dental journals discuss the need to massage the pectoral muscles to treat a common jaw problem.
Police say Anderson said during recorded phone calls that he routinely massaged patients' chests to treat temporo-mandibular joint disorder, or TMJ, which causes neck and head pain.
Attorney Robert Zaro told administrative law judge Jonathan Lew at a hearing Thursday that he should let Anderson keep his dental license while disciplinary appeals proceed. Anderson would be supervised by two assistants and would no longer do the chest rubs, Zaro said.
Zaro said Anderson, 48, of Woodland, needs to keep seeing patients so he can feed his seven children and pay for his defense.
The judge made no immediate decision.

(more at link)

Dentist claims breast rubs appropriate

WOODLAND, Calif. - A dentist accused of fondling the breasts of 27 female patients is trying to keep his dental license by arguing that chest massages are an appropriate procedure in certain cases. Mark Anderson's lawyer says dental journals discuss the need to massage the pectoral muscles to treat a common jaw problem.

Police say Anderson said during recorded phone calls that he routinely massaged patients' chests to treat temporo-mandibular joint disorder, or TMJ, which causes neck and head pain.

Attorney Robert Zaro told administrative law judge Jonathan Lew at a hearing Thursday that he should let Anderson keep his dental license while disciplinary appeals proceed. Anderson would be supervised by two assistants and would no longer do the chest rubs, Zaro said.

Zaro said Anderson, 48, of Woodland, needs to keep seeing patients so he can feed his seven children and pay for his defense.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071013...sed_dentist;_ylt=AloJCDi1kVi6WYES1GpMFcCs0NUE

RRRRiiiiggghhht.... and I'm the Queen of England. I'm sure he explained that to the patients prior to giving their breasts a feel and had them sign a consent. Was there anyone else in the room, an assistant? Probably not which is critical in all medical practices when laying hands on patients so that you're not accused of any sexual misconduct.

Hard ruling for the judge though - innocent until proven guilty. Tough call.

And here's a chiropractor who recently made a similiar claim. He's now in jail. :D

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=7079343

September 15, 2007 1:35 PM ET
FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - A Fond du Lac chiropractor accused of inappropriately touching three women during appointments over two years has pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct.

Four misdemeanor counts of fourth-degree sexual assault against Peter Baehr were dropped as part of a plea deal.

Fond du Lac County Circuit Court Judge Steven Weinke sentenced Baehr to 40 days in jail, 30 months of probation and 100 hours of community service on Friday.

Three women patients told police that the 49-year-old chiropractor would massage their backs and then move his hands under their bras to their breasts.

Baehr contended the contact in question was a legitimate chiropractic procedure.

As part of the plea deal, the district attorney's office has agreed not to file charges in regard to complaints other female patients have made about Baehr.

I wonder if female dentists can claim rubbing peckers is an appropriate procedure in certain cases???? :rolleyes:

Where do these people come up with stuff??? ? :waitasec:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wonder if female dentists can claim rubbing peckers is an appropriate procedure in certain cases???? :rolleyes:

:p :p :p :p

You know, when I saw you had posted on this thread, I knew I was in for a treat! YOU are a NUT!! :p But I love ya!

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

My dentist knows he would get slapped upside the face and I would knock the crap out of him. BEFORE I SUE HIS PANTS. Ya, it's always appropriate.
What school did he go to.. What a schmuck.:bang:

You have to wonder if any of his male patients got the same treatment???
Did none of them have this disorder???

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301710,00.html
Monday, October 15, 2007
service_ap_36.gif

WOODLAND, Calif. — A dentist accused of fondling the breasts of 27 female patients is trying to keep his dental license by arguing that chest massages are an appropriate procedure in certain cases. Mark Anderson's lawyer says dental journals discuss the need to massage the pectoral muscles to treat a common jaw problem.

(more at link)

ROTFLMAO....what a freaking pervert. I cannot believe that they are letting this guy conitnue to practice:eek:

No Am, some men may enjoy it...
What is wrong with me today.
I know
but cant say.:eek:

I could see massaging my neck or head...but my *advertiser censored* aren't even close to where my teeth are, not even in a push up bra! This guy's a pervert!!!

Geez, years and years ago, I had an oral surgeon who had to dig into my jaw looking for a piece of tooth that broke off when another dentist pulled a wisdom tooth. He sent me there immediately and the oral surgeon put me under in that "twilight" sleep. I do remember vaguely, with no pain, something going on. After the procedure, he asked me to walk with him to the recovery couch. I, and I repeat here I asked him to carry me. Good grief, the man was a hunk and I was not quite myself at that moment.............Damn, all he did was chuckle............oh, well.............

Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Phillips gave Lew three new complaints, including one from a 31-year-old woman who said Anderson fondled her at least six times over two years.
She took to wearing tight shirts with high necklines, "and Anderson would still get in under her shirt and bra," according to a police report.

You really have to wonder why this woman went back for more of the same treatment.

___

My guess is that she'd have more male patients than she could handle!!

Where does personal responsibility fall in here? A patient who would allow this is just stupid.

My guess is that she'd have more male patients than she could handle!!

Where does personal responsibility fall in here? A patient who would allow this is just stupid.
Jeana, I didn't reallize that Taximom had a thread already started on this in the "Crimes in the News forum." My apologies Tm.

Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Phillips gave Lew three new complaints, including one from a 31-year-old woman who said Anderson fondled her at least six times over two years.
She took to wearing tight shirts with high necklines, "and Anderson would still get in under her shirt and bra," according to a police report.

You really have to wonder why this woman went back for more of the same treatment.

___

It's that damn TMJ!!! ;) :rolleyes: :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong