1508 users online (254 members and 1254 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,829

    12 Yr Old Amish Boy Ran Over And Killed By Horse Drawn Wagon

    I wonder why the horses came back and ran over him again? Weird.
    Such a sad story.

    ELMIRA, N.Y. A 12-year-old Amish boy was killed yesterday when he fell off the horse-drawn wagon he was riding on and was run over in Steuben County.
    State police at Painted Post say Emanuel Yoder was riding on the wagon with his younger brothers, age 10 and 4, on the family farm.
    State police Investigator Allison Regan says the boy was riding in the town of Woodhull when the accident happened.
    Yoder apparently lost control of the wagon while it was traveling west on a pasture trail. He was struck by the wagon after he fell off, and his younger brothers say he was unresponsive after the accident.
    For some reason, the horses circled around and ran the victim over a second time. He suffered multiple severe injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. more at link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301721,00.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    He was run over twice by a horse drawn wagon?

    It's not like you can put the horse drawn wagon in reverse.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,646
    Well since the only ones on the wagon after he fell off were his much younger brothers, I don't think there's anything suspicious about being run over twice. Maybe the horses went back to see what happened?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Poor little fella...how tragic

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    Oh how sad! And I feel so bad for the brothers in the wagon who will live with those images in their minds.

    Prayers for all of them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    How heartbreaking!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    Well since the only ones on the wagon after he fell off were his much younger brothers, I don't think there's anything suspicious about being run over twice. Maybe the horses went back to see what happened?
    I didn't mean to sound suspicious...but WHY in the world would the horses turn back....obviosuly they were PROBABLY afraid after what happened. they surely wouldn't wanna go back....but yet they did....why?
    Please not that I am blaming NO ONE else in thr cart...but it just seems So strange as to why the horses would do this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    How tragic.Prayers for the family.

    Maybe the horse turned around when it noticed a the difference in weight it was pulling? Any horse people here that could help answer the why the horse turned around question?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    I didn't mean to sound suspicious...but WHY in the world would the horses turn back....obviosuly they were PROBABLY afraid after what happened. they surely wouldn't wanna go back....but yet they did....why?
    Please not that I am blaming NO ONE else in thr cart...but it just seems So strange as to why the horses would do this.
    When something unexpected happens, horses will spook and run back the way they came. That's what happened to me when I had my horse accident, too - the horse went right over me, herniating disks in my back and crushing my calf muscle. He wasn't a mean horse at all, just spooked when I fell off (car came around the corner and spooked him, me falling spooked him doubly.)

    Unlike us, when we are scared, we go look for safety. Horses just want to get the $%&*^ out of Dodge and head back where they came from.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    When something unexpected happens, horses will spook and run back the way they came. That's what happened to me when I had my horse accident, too - the horse went right over me, herniating disks in my back and crushing my calf muscle. He wasn't a mean horse at all, just spooked when I fell off (car came around the corner and spooked him, me falling spooked him doubly.)

    Unlike us, when we are scared, we go look for safety. Horses just want to get the $%&*^ out of Dodge and head back where they came from.
    I have horses. When spooked they are unpredictable and very well could run back the way they came.

    moo




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 11:38 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2016, 06:52 PM
  3. Texas Equusearch Horse Killed after Running into Traffic
    By tk71texas in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 08:17 PM
  4. Real Horse Power: Gas Prices Lead Auto Mechanic To Ride Horse
    By LinasK in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 05:30 PM