MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to start a new thread for Kara, the other one was getting very long.

Maybe this is weird, but I have thought about it since I found out I was having a baby. If nate agrees I am naming this baby Kara Jewel!! Out of all these threads I post on this is the one I hold closest to my heart. I think and pray for Kara every single day.Lets hope one day soon we will have the answers we have been asking for so long.

What an honor it is to name a baby after someone you care about... and your care for Kara has been evident throughout.

Maybe this is weird, but I have thought about it since I found out I was having a baby. If nate agrees I am naming this baby Kara Jewel!! Out of all these threads I post on this is the one I hold closest to my heart. I think and pray for Kara every single day.Lets hope one day soon we will have the answers we have been asking for so long.
Awwwww! That would be so sweet! It is a beautiful name, Indy! I know our Kara would so approve! :woohoo:

I don't think it's weird at all. I really wanted to name my girl baby Laci after Laci Peterson. But I don't think my fiance will let me, except maybe the middle name. I like Kara Jewel, it's very pretty. And I think it keeps hope alive for Kara.

Something about Kara's myspace page had been bothering me for awhile, but I couldn't figure out until just now, what it was. She has not logged in since May 2nd, two days before she was last seen.

Why hasn't LE checked out her myspace page? It's a public page with 137 friends. I would think it would be a very possible lead. LE really seems to be sitting this one out.

I guess I assumed they had???? Maybe not?

Well I have seen other missing persons myspace pages show login dates after the last date they were seen. People on another board explained to me that it doesn't mean the missing person logged into their myspace page, but rather that the police had hacked in to view messages etc.

So it seems that if LE had done the same with Kara's myspace page, then she would show her last login as more recent than two days before she went missing.

This case is really aggravating me. LE is just showing no concern for finding Kara. That only means one of 3 things to me:
1) They are incompetent in solving this case
2) They have information we don't
3) A cover up.

With this case I do think there are many things they aren't telling us. Does Kara have a facebook? I can't remember reading if she does or not.

Also, just because it does not show a log in date does not necessarily mean that she hasn't logged in. Other possibilities are that they got to read messages through her email account. I used to be able to do this, but I turned off the option. Also, maybe there is something wrong with her account. By this I mean, sometimes when you put special things on your page(like a background or a picture etc) it messes with it. My friend put up a background and ever since it says she has not logged in since that day even though she has been on it many times sending comments, msgs, etc.

I know that the chances of what I said are the real reasons are probably slim, I figured I would put them out there. Hopefully the LE checked her page.

dhchick04,
You could be right. But it's something that had bothered me. I don't think I've heard or read one single comment made by Belton LE about Kara. It just feels like anyone who really tries to help find Kara is hitting a wall, and while I've never been the type to scream out that LE isn't doing enough, in this case, I've kind of gotten to that point.

I wish FKK was still on this board so we could ask her if she knows if LE has checked Kara's myspace page. Maybe Indygirl will contact her to find out???

FKK is a very busy gal, and not to speak for her but IMO this is just too hard for her to read. I still talk with her some and she is such a good gal!!

Chickie, I am not good with facebook so maybe you could find out for us?

I believe that the reason this is not going anywhere is due to lack of effort on the parents, JMO

I will ask FKK tonight!!

Hi Indy. Just did a quick search and it appears she does not have one.

Maybe I'm recalling incorrectly, but hasn't her stepfather or mother responded to claims that they have not done enough? I thought I read that somewhere. Either way, I whole-heartedly agree the parents and LE need to do more.

We've all seen the video of Kara in the hallway, but have LE or anyone said if anything has been caught on tapes from the outside of her school? Surely, if they have camera's inside, they should have them in the parking lot, right? I went to a catholic high school, and we did not have anything compared to the public schools in my town, but at the least we had cameras of the parking lot.

In my opinion, LE has not investigated Kara's case with any veracity. When they find a person, they run it against her DNA and dental...but outside of that...they have not pursued it. When the parents aren't pushing to find her...why would LE?

Chick, No IMO the parents have done nothing but raise money for what? Searches, UMMM no there hasnt been one. Well I take that back our valuable Busylady took it upon herself to search Longview lake, but was told not to come back. IMO the parents ( Stepdad) Have something to lose if they find Kara. I cant put my finger on it but there is something in that house we dont know. And like SS said why would LE push it if the parents wont.

Totally agree with both of you. I wish they would release more information or something. It's so sad for Kara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong