GUILTY IL - James Young, 17 mos, beaten to death, Chicago, 16 Oct 2007

Samiya

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-abuse_weboct18,0,6624969.story

15-month-old's death investigated

By Jeremy Gorner |Tribune staff reporter6:36 AM CDT, October 17, 2007

An autopsy later today could determine whether a 15-month-old Southeast Side boy who died Tuesday was beaten to death, authorities said.

The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services confirmed it was investigating an allegation that the boy was the victim of child abuse. But Chicago police this morning said no one was in custody.

At about 5 p.m. Tuesday, family members found the child unresponsive in the boy's home in the 7800 block of South Cornell Avenue, Chicago Police Officer Amina Greer said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:(

Sami

Boy they sure didn't give too many details in this article. I wonder what happened. :(

Boy they sure didn't give too many details in this article. I wonder what happened. :(

Woah, I clicked on the link I put up to search for an update and this is what the update is :(
The link itself is updated so I didn't have to search.

Tot's death ruled a homicide

By Jeremy Gorner and Mary Owen |Tribune staff reporters6:14 PM CDT, October 17, 2007The death of a 17-month-old boy on the South Side was ruled a homicide following an autopsy, authorities said Wednesday.

James Young of the 7800 block of South Cornell Avenue died of multiple head and abdomen injuries Tuesday, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

There also was evidence of past injuries, including a bruise on his head and a blister on a foot, according to the autopsy. Further tests were being conducted to determine when the other injuries occurred.

more at link including that Illinois DCFS were investigating an allegation of abuse of little James.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No-one is in custody yet. Poor baby.

I am going to keep an eye on this one.

Sami

It only took them a couple of days to know from autopsy this was a homicide. What is wrong with the people in Colorado who have done the autopsy on Niveah Gallegos, how come they can't rule homicide yet. This poor baby, I hope he didn't suffer.

Well, I'd start by looking at the people he was living with.

From August 2013:

http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/R23_Orders/AppellateCourt/2013/1stDistrict/1110948_R23.pdf

Following a jury trial, Kenneth Sims was found guilty of first degree murder and sentenced to 44 years' imprisonment...

In the fall of 2007, defendant lived with his girlfriend, Cassandra Hall, and her four children... James died on October 16th, after defendant hit him in the head 12 to 13 times, punched him in the stomach 12 to 13 times, and threw him against a metal bunk bed frame.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back