If Only Kate Had Bigger *advertiser censored*!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the most ridiculous statement I ever heard. When statements like this are given I wonder if these people are doctors for real.

My problem with that statement is that if I saw Kate on the street with her kids, I would just think she looked like Mom.

Mothers come in all shapes and sizes, and I don't really know what she is talking about! :hand:

I agree with you ThoughtFox. When my husband heard the comments he felt her looks went in her favor in the case.

My problem with that statement is that if I saw Kate on the street with her kids, I would just think she looked like Mom.

Mothers come in all shapes and sizes, and I don't really know what she is talking about! :hand:

This is to show you two things:

1. Her stereotypes about how moms are "supposed" to look like.

2. Her ego.

I am 112lbs and pregnant with my third child and it never crossed my mind that women who have bigger *advertiser censored* or are bigger are somewhat more maternal than those who do not. Ridiculous.

Are these comments trying to set up an insanity plea for her if the times comes??

Are these comments trying to set up an insanity plea for her if the times comes??

LOL :laugh:

I am also one of the most maternal, kid-oriented people I know. I work with kids for a living. I weigh a whopping 100 pounds. I certainly never looked in the mirror and thought, "Darn it, I need to put on some pounds so I look like a mom!"

I wonder if this is a set up statement toward getting cosmetic surgery done with search funds, to improve her world image as a good mother? (Just a thought, no fact behind it of course!)

I realize the statement by kate sounds bad but lets try to put it in some context just to be fair. She has had enormous amounts of criticism in news articles and blogs and in message boards for not being concerned enough about her missing daughter, for not crying enough on camera so we can all watch or "jet setting" around the world to meet with experts about missing children etc.

Whether missing little Madeleine is actually an abductee and suffering at the hands of the her abductors and their partners or whether she is dead in an unmarked resting place or whether she is dead at her parents hands due to accident or murder, kate and her husband must be under huge amounts of stress and to have people picking over every small detail they do or say in an attempt to find something bad to say about them must seem to be just one horrible burden too many. So perhaps kate lashed out in an ineffectual attempt at defense, sort of a public scream of frustration. That does not mean anything about what happened to missing little Madeleine.

This isn't brittany spears out partying and thumbing the nose at judges and the laws but this is a woman whose child is missing and who has had enormous amounts of criticism leveled at her in the midst of the long search for missing little Madeleine.

So kate got upset and wasn't perfect - gee we can't see why that would happen can we?

My main point is what has this to do with what happened to missing little Madeleine? How does this move us closer to finding missing little Madeleine? Or is this whole thing just another way of accusing the parents of murdering missing little Madeleine? Maybe they did do that who knows but I am just not seeing how this latest flap about kate's remarks which I see on TV and messageboards gets us any closer to finding missing little Madeleine or even proving who did it or how it was done.

In my opinion I am not seeing the "sleuthing" in this latest controversy.

So kate got upset and wasn't perfect - gee we can't see why that would happen can we?

My main point is what has this to do with what happened to missing little Madeleine? How does this move us closer to finding missing little Madeleine? Or is this whole thing just another way of accusing the parents of murdering missing little Madeleine? Maybe they did do that who knows but I am just not seeing how this latest flap about kate's remarks which I see on TV and messageboards gets us any closer to finding missing little Madeleine or even proving who did it or how it was done.

In my opinion I am not seeing the "sleuthing" in this latest controversy.
They created Team McCann etc. They are the ones responsible for the media attention being about them them them rather than about Maddie.

What does her feeling sorry for herself about some imagained appearace issues have to do with finding Maddie? I'll tell you what, to my sleuthing mind this indicates one more time that they are full aware that there will be no finding her alive. By drawing attention away from her daughter yet again she tells us that is really is about them and not Madeleine.

I agree in part with you docwho, but it was Kate's mother who said this- to a newspaper no less. And according to Mrs. Healy, this is how Kate feels.

That a small breast size and being pretty supposedly makes her less of a mother? Or maybe that we're jealous of her and that's why people blame her for what happened to Madeleine.

That is an absurd statement and goes to show how far Kate McCann will go to blame -someone... something... anything- for the charges against her, as long as she doesn't have to look in the mirror and blame herself.

Docwho: If Kate doesn't want her mother to talk about her bust size, she should speak up! Who arranged that interview yesterday? I believe it was set up to create more sympathy.

So the question should be why they care more about a sympathy for themselves than for their daughter? What has that got to do with finding Maddie? I believe they are out searching in Portugal right now, so obviously she is only worried about her "image" once again.

My own mother was a petite, small person, and as a mother, I'm bigger than she was. Who cares? The last thing I would ever judge another woman about is her bust size - my gosh! :doh:

The first thing they tell you in breastfeeding class is that big or small, your baby won't know the difference. :D They all work the same way.

I agree in part with you docwho, but it was Kate's mother who said this- to a newspaper no less. And according to Mrs. Healy, this is how Kate feels.

That a small breast size and being pretty supposedly makes her less of a mother? Or maybe that we're jealous of her and that's why people blame her for what happened to Madeleine.

That is an absurd statement and goes to show how far Kate McCann will go to blame -someone... something... anything- for the charges against her, as long as she doesn't have to look in the mirror and blame herself.

That's the same thought I had when I heard this yesterday. How naive does she really think people are?? I don't know about anyone else, but personally, I am so sick of it being about Gerry and Kate. Why don't she just give it up already....it's about her beautiful, active, fun-loving 3 year old daughter....NOT her boob size....GEEZ

doc:

My main point is what has this to do with what happened to missing little Madeleine? How does this move us closer to finding missing little Madeleine?

That would be a GREAT question to ask Madeleine's parents, no? After all, it is Kate who is worried about her bust size.

Oh I am so fed up with these people & their pathetic attempts at hysteria. Isn't it hysterical enough that their daughter is missing? I think among their attempts at raking in cash & trying to be celebrities, they have somehow forgotten that!

I personally don't think she is pretty and have never thought so. I think she's extremely UNattractive.

But her looks have nothing to do with finding Madeleine and finding out what happened to her, as Doc said.

What does her feeling sorry for herself about some imagained appearace issues have to do with finding Maddie? I'll tell you what, to my sleuthing mind this indicates one more time that they are full aware that there will be no finding her alive. By drawing attention away from her daughter yet again she tells us that is really is about them and not Madeleine.

Thank you Rino. I couldn't think of how to explain it, but this is exactly how I perceive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708