TB alert per Foxnews

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
No link yet, but broadcasting a strain of TB thats a killer, being brought in by a man from Mexico.
More later.

Oh no, maybe Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Kentucky was closed far too soon.

That along with the strep superbug- we're all goners.

No link yet, but broadcasting a strain of TB thats a killer, being brought in by a man from Mexico.
More later.

This man is just probably the only one with the TB that they have actually discovered coming over into the U.S. Where was he working?

It's the staph superbug my husband and I are worried about.

Football players, lots of folks are dying from it. 20,000 a year in America are dying from this staph; yet the news (and cdc) seem to only just now be getting this news "out there". Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Sorry to change subject; TB is not necessarily always super contagious, only if you are in close proximity to that person, for a long period of time.

I don't know about this strain though.

I tend to think that everyone being nuerotic about germs causes these things to mutate therby causing a strain that is deadly.

I tend to think that everyone being nuerotic about germs causes these things to mutate therby causing a strain that is deadly.
I agree Am- My sis-in-law has alwaysssssssssss been so clean it is almost absurd-- her kids were some of the "sickest" kids around, I believe it is because they were never allowed to "get dirty" or touch dirty things, so they couldnt fight off any germ when they did come in contact--
My kids sure dont have to worry about that- my house is lived in, and I will say they are very rarley sick- They built up good imune systems living in our house :D
eta- glad tb is not "SO" contagious- not just air born if I am understanding what Marthatex is saying

Oh no, maybe Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Kentucky was closed far too soon.

Don't say that!! :eek:

OT: We live right down the road from Waverly Hills. They make it into a haunted house every year for Halloween. But I'm scared to go... :chicken:

It's the staph superbug my husband and I are worried about.

Football players, lots of folks are dying from it. 20,000 a year in America are dying from this staph; yet the news (and cdc) seem to only just now be getting this news "out there". Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Sorry to change subject; TB is not necessarily always super contagious, only if you are in close proximity to that person, for a long period of time.

I don't know about this strain though.

It has been out there in the news for some time. That's when all the hoopla started about always finishing the antibiotics that your doc gives you and the docs being told not to give antibiotics unless it is necessary (viral infections). Not finishing the antibiotics (among other things) were causing bacteria to become resistent to certain antibiotics (hence, MRSA). My BFF has MRSA and I see it all the time while reporting lab results on patients. <sigh>

Don't say that!! :eek:

OT: We live right down the road from Waverly Hills. They make it into a haunted house every year for Halloween. But I'm scared to go... :chicken:
Really, you live right down the road. I would give anything to be turned loose in there to explorer.

It has been out there in the news for some time. That's when all the hoopla started about always finishing the antibiotics that your doc gives you and the docs being told not to give antibiotics unless it is necessary (viral infections). Not finishing the antibiotics (among other things) were causing bacteria to become resistent to certain antibiotics (hence, MRSA). My BFF has MRSA and I see it all the time while reporting lab results on patients. <sigh>

Thank YOU!!. My SIL takes her kids to the Doc for everything!! Her kids are always on antibiotics. I can hear her voice now "he put them on an antibiotic and they're fine now". DUH. The darn thing ran it's course your kids immune system fought it off. Or here's my MIL "I think he has the flu you should call and ask for an antibiotic" I tell her if your Dr gives you an antibiotic for the flu you need to find a new Dr. Im an RN and these idiots try to give me advice.

And...it always is the germaphobes that are the sickest.

Really, you live right down the road. I would give anything to be turned loose in there to explorer.

Yea. I've driven past it but it really gives me the creeps. :blushing:

:laugh:

Thank YOU!!. My SIL takes her kids to the Doc for everything!! Her kids are always on antibiotics. I can hear her voice now "he put them on an antibiotic and they're fine now". DUH. The darn thing ran it's course your kids immune system fought it off. Or here's my MIL "I think he has the flu you should call and ask for an antibiotic" I tell her if your Dr gives you an antibiotic for the flu you need to find a new Dr. Im an RN and these idiots try to give me advice.

And...it always is the germaphobes that are the sickest.

Isn't that the truth!

You're welcome. :dance: I hear parents all the time complain that their ped sucks because he wouldn't give their child an antibiotic over a cold. I've tried to explain but it falls on deaf ears. My ped knows me and knows me well. My kids only go on antibiotics if it is absolutely necessary like when they had ear infections. But now I'm even against that since it will run its course anyway. I do treat with a children's pain reliever though... I'm not that mean of a mom. LOL! Nothing like family to give advice when it's not needed. :D

I guess I am the opposite, if the Doctor needs to give kids an antibiotic, I know this before hand. You know the ear infections, strep throat, infections.

I don't request or need to be told. Really all I need is the necessary script.

Therefore all three kids have had few antibiotics in their life. After our oldest had a severe reaction to antibiotics last time around for strep, I am loathe to give him any antibiotics, but I know I must if there is a bacterial infection.

Too bad that an "immunization" cannot be developed for MRSA, or TB. Those could be infections that could be wiped out in the advent of vaccines.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back