GUILTY Australia - Dean Shillingsworth, 2, found in suitcase, Ambarvale, NSW, 11 Oct 2007

Samiya

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/10/18/1192300857633.html

Children find boy's body in case

David Braithwaite
October 18, 2007 - 10:11AM

Police divers are searching a pond in Sydney's south-west this morning, where a suitcase containing the body of a child was found floating yesterday afternoon.
Two children aged about 10 and 12 opened the case after finding it floating in a duckpond at Mandurama Reserve at Rosemeadow, near Campbelltown, about 5pm, a police spokeswoman said.
"Inside the suitcase was the body of a child," she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Had to wait to post news of this.

Sami

OMG how horrible, and they say no one has reported a child missing yet.
I hope they can identify him, this breaks my heart.

Oh, my God Almighty! What a horror for the kids that found it, and especially for the poor little victim.

Will these horrors never cease?

Oh, those poor boys who found the suitcase. I hope they identify the victim and discover why nobody's reporting a missing child. And also that they investigate the second suitcase to see if it has another body.

I can't imagine the trauma to the boys finding the suitcase. How horrible for them to see this!! Who would do such a thing to a child, just discard a child like that! Truly hearbreaking!!!

The group of about 10 children made the gruesome discovery while playing in the park in the Sydney suburb of Rosemeadow.

“We were riding our scooters when a friend came up and said there was a dead pig down at the duck pond, so we went down to see,” one of the boys, unidentified because of his age, told Australian television.

“Me and my friends got sticks and flipped it over and then we saw that there was feet, so we went up to our houses to call the police,” he said.

The boy, aged between 4 and 8, was in a fetal position wrapped in plastic inside the tartan-patterned bag of carry-on luggage size, said Homicide Detective Superintendent Geoff Beresford.

The grim discovery has triggered a murder investigation and a police warning to parents.

There has been widespread outrage in Australia at the apparent brutality directed towards the unidentified child.
Police said the body did not match the description of anyone on missing-persons lists.

Beresford said that witnesses had told investigators that they had seen the bag floating in the pond for at least two days, and that the body was in the early stages of decomposition.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article358820.ece

absolutely insane. Hope they quickly resolve this.

I so so sick of people killing and disposing children like garbage! I hope that they can identify the child and find out who did this!!! And I hope that the parents of the kids who found the body get couseling, I know I would need it.

I saw this last night posted on a ctv board. It said they were offering counseling for the children. What a horrible childhood memory.

OMG! How horrible, both for the victim and for the kids who discovered the body. I cannot imagine how you get those images out of your mind.

Prayers for all of them, and for LE. They will need it.

OMG! How horrible, both for the victim and for the kids who discovered the body. I cannot imagine how you get those images out of your mind.

Prayers for all of them, and for LE. They will need it.

Ditto what you said. :(

This is a terrible, terrible crime against a young boy, hope they find the person or persons responsible, I dont understand why no one has come forward or reported their child missing.

More info at link below:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=306763

It makes me think the parents of the little boy are responsible for his death. Otherwise there would be a massive search for him before his body was found and all would know who he was.

It makes me think the parents of the little boy are responsible for his death. Otherwise there would be a massive search for him before his body was found and all would know who he was.

Great minds think alike. :(

Sami

Great minds think alike. :(

Sami

I actually was wondering if this child had been brought to OZ by someone other than his parents.. some running away with an abducted child. the fact that this little angel doesnt match any reported missing children in OZ doesnt mean he is not missing from somewhere.. however it is more likely that this child was killed by someone he was close to .. someone who has not reported him missing. Regardless its just awful that there are some many children killed by those who are supposed to love them.. and then disposed of as if they are rubbish..I cant fathom how anyone can do either of these acts..my prayers to this little angel may he rest in peace and that the spirits and psyches of those finding him may find peace as well.

I actually was wondering if this child had been brought to OZ by someone other than his parents.. some running away with an abducted child. the fact that this little angel doesnt match any reported missing children in OZ doesnt mean he is not missing from somewhere.. however it is more likely that this child was killed by someone he was close to .. someone who has not reported him missing. Regardless its just awful that there are some many children killed by those who are supposed to love them.. and then disposed of as if they are rubbish..I cant fathom how anyone can do either of these acts..my prayers to this little angel may he rest in peace and that the spirits and psyches of those finding him may find peace as well.

This thought went through my head as well. Actually, the first article didn't say boy or girl, and my first thought was "Madeline."

He probably hasn't been reported as missing because his parents were the ones that killed him. That's usually the case anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back